Client unable to connect to login server [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

There seems to be a major internet backbone outage. I doubt ANet can do much about this one. If the backbone between you and ANet’s game server is down, then you’re going to have issues.
http://internettrafficreport.com/namerica.htm

Looks like our old nemesis, SeƱor Level 3.

http://www1.internetpulse.net/

Quick! Donate some empty kegs and glass mugs, bottles of elonian wine and get that upgraded fast to Level 10!

(Yea, sigh, I’m on AT&T myself… Getting high latency to GW2 servers.)

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: skigorn.7910

skigorn.7910

Same here. I was playing earlier until I was notified of the update. Just logged in now and get the same message once I select my character. Tried it for several characters but the same error.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Internet my butt! Just a mistake by Anet.

Posted by: eccentriffic.3560

eccentriffic.3560

I’m also getting this error tonight. I’m on Crystal Desert server — tried logging into multiple characters, some in main cities and others not, with no luck. ):

Blude.6812

Yep—so sad when they don’t have the expertise to keep the game up and running.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Same exact issue here too. My internet is perfectly fine.

I was hoping to knock out my dailies before bed. I’ve got work in the morning.

Posted by: MadBella.6027

MadBella.6027

Yep. Same thing over and over. Still….

Attachments:

Posted by: kenco.8475

kenco.8475

Game just updated but solved nothing, we need a patch for that patch. Still getting same “internet connection problem”……

Chaba.5410

Aaaannnd, my VyprVPN connection is going through Level 3 to reach ncsoft servers too… /sigh

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Posted by: Pimsley.3045

Pimsley.3045

A lot of people are having all sorts of issues logging into the game and it would be great to get some kind of official reply from a mod on the status of said issues. I’m sure you guys are busting your tails to get this fixed, but a simple “this is what’s going on” might calm the masses a bit. Thanks.

Posted by: Thell.3928

Thell.3928

Well folks see I’m not the only one having this error! as will be the solution?

Posted by: Zanjili.1759

Zanjili.1759

This has just happen to me too. tried to log into auric basin, error code pops up.

Posted by: MadBella.6027

MadBella.6027

Mine just started working. Finally. YAY!

EDIT: Wait now it isnt again. When changing zones it is a crap shoot.

(edited by MadBella.6027)

Posted by: Pimsley.3045

Pimsley.3045

No solution has been found yet, nor have we heard from Anet officially about the problem.

Posted by: Tec.2795

Tec.2795

Gonna have to agree here.

Dont mind waiting. It’d be nice to get an official response though.

Posted by: Trock Bronze.9625

Trock Bronze.9625

We need a ‘we are away and working on the issue’ at least, with hopefully a little info to the problem as well.

Posted by: Fiabundem.9438

Fiabundem.9438

this is my me too post. at least im not in this alone. ANET kittens up again.

Posted by: Angus.5961

Angus.5961

\here was a short 1 liner on Reddit, no idea why they dont bother to post a word here on the official forums when its down in prime time for going on 2 hours.

Posted by: BitterClinger.8490

BitterClinger.8490

Don’t know if it’s related or a complete fluke, I was about to post “me too” on this problem- all my characters never got past loading screen but a friend suggested I do a repair from this guide:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client

Took about 10 minutes and then I logged in and everything’s great – hopped multiple characters, doing things, changing zones

I performed this repair, but it did not solve my problem.

Also, I seriously doubt this has anything to do with backbone issues. We didn’t all lose connectivity at the same exact time; it was only when we tried to change zones.

If this were back bone issues, some of us would’ve been disconnected in the middle of an event or doing something other than trying to change zones. Also, if the backbone issues in NJ and PA were the problem, I would’ve lost connection to the login servers and patch servers as well as the world servers.

I think it is definitely related to the patch.

Blude.6812

They can’t be bothered unless you buy gems.

Posted by: mekalus.3821

mekalus.3821

Im willing to bet this has something to do with their attempt to rebalance the megaserver issue

Posted by: DemonzMercy.6345

DemonzMercy.6345

I am constantly getting “Network Error, please check your internet connection and try again” when loading any map, on any character and many are having the same issue.

Is it to much to ask for an update onto the progress of the fix, and if it is actually something to do on my end or if it was due to the recent patch that the game is now unplayable? Nowhere is there any information on this progress and many people are stuck just speculating.
There is currently no dev comments at all on the progress of this fix, so if i could get a response to this, preferably in the form of a fix it would be greatly appreciated, thnx

Posted by: FishAnna.9081

FishAnna.9081

^got the same issue as well

Posted by: DemonzMercy.6345

DemonzMercy.6345

literally just posted about this as well rofl, its the least they can do to inform the community, its the easiest part of a fix is notifying the public they have stuffed up and are trying to fix it

Posted by: Maze.3825

Maze.3825

Same here. I’m sure they’re working on it. I just wish there was more of a personal connection with the team during stuff like this.

Posted by: Kitsana.8934

Kitsana.8934

Don’t know if it’s related or a complete fluke, I was about to post “me too” on this problem- all my characters never got past loading screen but a friend suggested I do a repair from this guide:

Took about 10 minutes and then I logged in and everything’s great – hopped multiple characters, doing things, changing zones

Also, I seriously doubt this has anything to do with backbone issues. We didn’t all lose connectivity at the same exact time; it was only when we tried to change zones.

If this were back bone issues, some of us would’ve been disconnected in the middle of an event or doing something other than trying to change zones. Also, if the backbone issues in NJ and PA were the problem, I would’ve lost connection to the login servers and patch servers as well as the world servers.

I think it is definitely related to the patch.

Agreed. I was able to get back in very briefly until I tried to leave LA, then bam, back to the same crap.

I also tried this suggestion, and not only did it not work, but as soon as the game dropped back to the launcher because I couldn’t connect it went about the whole repair process all over again.

Blude.6812

It’s all out fault!!! jump through hoops, do this , repair that and still can’t play. I know where the problem is and it certainly isn’t on the users side.

Posted by: iJest.4139

iJest.4139

I also did the repair and am still having the issue. I can get to the character loading screen but can’t load the map they were on.

It’s definitely a server issue on Anet’s end. Hopefully they’re working on it.

Posted by: EricRiot.9345

EricRiot.9345

I was having the same issue, but this actually helped. Thank you. A friend of mine had the same problem, did this, and now he’s back in, as well.

MONEY!!! Thank you so much!!!

Posted by: cass.9057

cass.9057

This is defiantly a patch issue. Can someone please wake up and explain what’s up. Or at the very least do a roll back and test your patches on a test server before implementing them in game.

Posted by: Angus.5961

Angus.5961

Typical of Anet, always blame the end user for any problems. Its never their fault.

Blude.6812

Repair timed out as well—so this was BS

Posted by: Aero.1489

Aero.1489

I have the same issue with my characters in Lions Arch. I can get into the game with my one character in Divinities Reach but whenever I try to leave I get a different problem relating to internet, will edit once I load again with error code.
So… maybe I will craft in DR?
Lost Connection error after about 5 minutes of loading.

(edited by Aero.1489)

Posted by: Maze.3825

Maze.3825

Why don’t MMOs have better / LIVE communications? C’mon it’s 2015 ANET!

Chaba.5410

It isn’t necessarily on Anet’s end. A high latency network connection can have the same game symptoms. I’ve seen this timeout before where you can log in but can’t connect to a map when trying to connect from California to the EU datacenter without a VPN.

Chaba Tangnu

Posted by: kornfanxxx.9143

kornfanxxx.9143

Clients working properly now for me. check out your client again guys.

Blude.6812

It isn’t necessarily on Anet’s end. A high latency network connection can have the same game symptoms. I’ve seen this timeout where you can log in but can’t connect to a map before trying to connect from California to the EU datacenter without a VPN.

It is an Anet problem —period! Don’t try to be an apologist for their problem and lack of response.

Posted by: Jonwpatterson.4538

Jonwpatterson.4538

This issue has once again showed up. With any living world update somehow a network problem always seems to show up in the patch. I know stuff happens and this happens, to be more frequent with every major update patch.

It’s like that friend you never see and one day, he comes around and ask did you miss me. It’s like the network error we are experiencing.

Posted by: Elyssandariel.2679

Elyssandariel.2679

I ran a repair too and got into Verdant Brink, but my personal story just kept loading and loading and loading. This is ridiculous.

Chaba.5410

It isn’t necessarily on Anet’s end. A high latency network connection can have the same game symptoms. I’ve seen this timeout where you can log in but can’t connect to a map before trying to connect from California to the EU datacenter without a VPN.

It is an Anet problem —period! Don’t try to be an apologist for their problem and lack of response.

I’m not apologizing for their lack of response. I would like a response too. I’m just not going to continue naming everyone’s bandwagon cause when my own observations of my network connection have shown a different cause.

Chaba Tangnu

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Did the repair and was able to log in, but when trying to do the Bitter Harvest story step it would time out and lose connection.

Will keep trying.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Quaggan.2630

Quaggan.2630

same problem

it occurs when changing map

Attachments:

Posted by: Callous.7569

Callous.7569

If you can’t get past map loading try this below, it worked for me and several others!

Suspicious post is suspicious.

I tried it and it didn’t work. It did come up and say repairing, took about ten minutes but still dies loading the zone.

Posted by: Omega Phoenix.9278

Omega Phoenix.9278

just got stuck loading after a fractal, killed task, went to re-enter and after picking my character it tries to relog her Lions Arch but then i get the error code after a bit.. I was just in and completed a fractal… soooo

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Mostly because I bet in the late night Anet’s time, it’s hard to staff a communications officer on top of the team managing any game issues and handling tickets.

Would you really pay a communications officer during the night? Or would you rather that money go towards a person working on fixing the issue.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Blude.6812

I’m not apologizing for their lack of response. I would like a response too. I’m just not going to continue naming everyone’s bandwagon cause when my own observations of my network connection have shown a different cause.

So Sad when you ignore the real culprit.

Posted by: Lorealin.7485

Lorealin.7485

Nice patch pals. You blew my evening of fun. Hope your happy

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

same error… just want to play some fracs :\

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

No solution has been found yet, nor have we heard from Anet officially about the problem.

we have on reddit… go watch gw2 reddit

Blude.6812

Mostly because I bet in the late night Anet’s time, it’s hard to staff a communications officer on top of the team managing any game issues and handling tickets.

Would you really pay a communications officer during the night? Or would you rather that money go towards a person working on fixing the issue.

5 seconds to respond is all it would take. Quit trying to absolve their lack of competent communication.