Daily Blue/Black Screen

Daily Blue/Black Screen

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Like many others here, I’m experiencing blue and black screens of Death since a few weeks ago. Before that, I never had a problem playing GW2. (Yes, I followed every instruction in the stickies here long ago and I updated and troublechecked everything possible on my PC already)
Since this now occurs on a daily basis for me (most of the time a few minutes after first starting the game) and I have to push the reset button on my PC tower to force a reboot, making me want to log back in the game less and less each day, I have 2 questions:

1. Can my PC be permanently damaged from this?
2. Are you working on a fix? If yes, when will it come?

I feel this is a dealbreaker and I’m not willing to put up with a game that keeps crashing my PC when nothing else does.

Daily Blue/Black Screen

Posted by: Rabbiddog.7690

Rabbiddog.7690

I know you said you did everything, however just to make sure, have you updated all drivers to include BIOS? I had a similar situation going from an HD 5000 series card to an HD 7000 series card. I would BSOD after a couple minutes playing GW2. It only did it in GW2. It turned out to be my BIOS. I thought I had the most up to date version (Like August of this year) but found out there was a version released at the end of last month. After updating to that, poof, no more BSOD.

(edited by Rabbiddog.7690)

Daily Blue/Black Screen

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Rabbiddog, thanks for your answer. I see you are also posting in other threads here to help people, which is nice of you.
I had the second most up to date bios for my (now out of production) mainboard and I just flashed it to the last version the developer provided, which is a beta from 2011. Maybe that’ll do something, I doubt it though. Nevertheless, thanks for your reply.

Daily Blue/Black Screen

Posted by: Shadyia.8706

Shadyia.8706

I had a professional IT friend install BIOS and make sure the latest drivers were on my motherboard. He gave GW2 unrestricted access to the web.

The game still crashes 50% of the time.

He is at a total loss for why this is happening.

For me, this is a deal breaker. If the big patch this week does not fix this issue, GW2 and I will have to part ways. But they have 100,000s of others who have no problems, so I’m sure they will get over the grief of losing me rather quick.

Daily Blue/Black Screen

Posted by: CyberneticRanger.9170

CyberneticRanger.9170

Had a few BSoD for about 3 days, bad. Ended up reverting the Nvidia drivers to 306.97 which seemed to help. Well, up until today’s small patch.

Have seen the video card GPU average between 41° C and 54° C. Today it is at 56° to 58° C – which will BSoD in the higher temperatures.
Was running fine last night up till 4AM at 41° C, now at 57° C. Don’t know what would cause such a dramatic change. Also running everything on low or off except Render Sampling which is Native. Did have LOD Distance at Medium, now it is at Low. Also run windowed mode.

Everquest II, as a comparison, never had any graphics issues for over 6 years.

Daily Blue/Black Screen

Posted by: CyberneticRanger.9170

CyberneticRanger.9170

Tried the CPU unparking idea from a post in another forum and GPU temperatures did drop to 52° and a few degrees lower.

“How to change Core Parking states in Windows
http://www.ghacks.net/2012/07/15/how-to-change-core-parking-states-in-windows/

Background blurring seems to help too. A usual Claw of Jormag fight is 6 FPS, actually was at 13 fps this time.