Data Archive Repair

Data Archive Repair

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mortem.5170

Mortem.5170

I successfully preformed the 7/11/17 update and played for a few hours this afternoon. The next time I logged on I received a message saying that my data archive needed to be repaired. I accepted this task but the repair does not seem to be progressing. This is the first time I have been told that that the data archive has needed a repair (in close to 5 years).

My Windows Task Manager indicates that Guild Wars 2 is not responsive. Please advise us on how we should handle this situation.

Data Archive Repair

Posted by: Malignus.6341

Malignus.6341

Yep, same thing happening to me. I just forced it to close and restarted the game, seems to be working fine so far.

Data Archive Repair

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Same here. I got the patch and did a repair afterwards, as I usually do, then closed the game and relaunched it (without the -repair) and got a message saying something was wrong and asking me if I wanted to run a repair. Um, OK.

There’s something charming about rangers.

Data Archive Repair

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

Same issue here. Just got a game-update, patcher restarts and advises me to repair GW2 data archive. I haven’t had GW2 data archive problems before.

GW2 is currently repairing. Windows tells me Guild Wars 2 is not responding, but it is still heavily using the disk. (Repairing data archive…)

I will see how the repairing goes. I assume it is still doing it’s thing without letting Windows know that it is still active/alive.

Update: Repair completed and game works now.

Chkdsk said everything is fine NTFS-wise: Windows has checked the file system and found no problems.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page

(edited by TheQuickFox.3826)

Data Archive Repair

Posted by: Gentle Is Insane.6594

Gentle Is Insane.6594

I also had to do the Data Archive Repair and then download another patch…

Gentle Is Insane

Data Archive Repair

Posted by: Scalyon.7028

Scalyon.7028

I too fell victim to the Data Archive Repair. What gives, Anet???

Data Archive Repair

Posted by: Bonefire.1574

Bonefire.1574

I have same problem …after i press to rapair archive ..it didnt respond now when ever i try to run luncher is saying no connection detected :X what should i do ?

Data Archive Repair

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I have same problem …after i press to rapair archive ..it didnt respond now when ever i try to run luncher is saying no connection detected :X what should i do ?

You should read the thread next to this one that is all about the current connection problems. They are working on it.