Deleted character with Account Bound item

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SteampunkRuin.7158

SteampunkRuin.7158

I bought the Watchwork Mining Pick and some keys on one of my characters, and forgetting I had done so, I deleted after playing for a bit cause I wasn’t happy with the character. I just made a new character and notice that there is no way for him to get the pick besides buying 1000 more gems. Now my question is are my purchases gone for good? If I want the pick again do I have to buy it all over? Cuase accout bound made it sound like ALL my characters could use it.

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Well technically all your characters could use it, if you had not deleted it. All account bound means is you can swap it between different characters. Usually support does not undo player mistakes, but it does not hurt to ask as sometimes they can. You need to open a support ticket, top of page, “support”, then “submit a request”.

Posted by: SteampunkRuin.7158

SteampunkRuin.7158

I figured that is how it works, oh well. I went ahead and re bought it anyways lol, since it was my mistake and I really do enjoy the game. Will remember to store it in the vault before I delete my char in the future

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It’s very nice of you to have purchased the item again, SteampunkRuin. Please do feel free to contact Support if you have questions in the future, and we’ll do our best to help you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet