Disconnections

Disconnections

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Hydra Namooth.5301

Hydra Namooth.5301

Q:

I’ve been a member of the GW community since the release of GW1. I have the GW2 and GW2: HoT collector’s editions and as soon as the game went free or the Halloween ended…I noticed I started DCing alllll the time. In the middle of an event in a map, during a dungeon run, during a story line instance, etc. Recently I was doing some spider farming and I Dc’d randomly every minute to every few minutes. It’s becoming a hassle. Worst yet, when I did a Organized Dragon’s Stand map for the loot and ranger pets at the end, DC’d at least 3-4x near the end I was on the verg of throwing my comp…It’s that frustrating. Please help. I know my net is good. I know my computer is up to date, my Graphics Card is up to date and amazing. I haven’t had any gw2 related issues until after the Halloween event ended.

I’d really like to enjoy the new HoT content without constantly being dropped and losing a good map.

Attachments:

Disconnections

Hydra Namooth.5301

Can someone help me?

Disconnections

Posted by: Name.9128

Name.9128

Same issue here as of late. I was just in an organized ds map and I was constantly dsing so I had to leave.

-Skydis

Disconnections

Posted by: Juriasti.8297

Juriasti.8297

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Disconnects-11

Maybe you’ll have more luck with the suggestions in the linked thread.

Disconnections

Hydra Namooth.5301

Maybe you’ll have more luck with the suggestions in the linked thread.

I tried this, helped for a sec…but then DCing started again

Any other ideas?? it’s getting bad

Disconnections

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you a 32-bit OS? A 64-bit OS?

Are you using the 32-bit client, or the 64-bit client?

Have you submitted a request for assistance from the Tech CS Team? If so, what were the results of their suggestions?

More information is needed to analyze the situation, and possibly offer solutions.

Good luck.

Disconnections

Posted by: Siliconmana.3816

Siliconmana.3816

After HoT release client was crashing repeatedly everyday. Found out about 64bit client and instructions to install, don’t think I’ve had a client side crash since. Fixed memory leaks in 32bit client.

[KnT][KnM] – Blackgate

Disconnections

Hydra Namooth.5301

I completely uninstalled the game and am going to install the 64bit. I’m hoping this solves the problem…however, the download didn’t come with a 64-Bit Launcher or shortcut. Could someone possibly provide me the file my download is missing? lord Anet, Whyyy

Disconnections

Hydra Namooth.5301

Have you a 32-bit OS? A 64-bit OS?

Are you using the 32-bit client, or the 64-bit client?

Have you submitted a request for assistance from the Tech CS Team? If so, what were the results of their suggestions?

More information is needed to analyze the situation, and possibly offer solutions.

Good luck.

And to answer your question….Anet is such a craptastic customer service…they dont even have a number v.v; So, no, I have contacted them yet.

Disconnections

Posted by: Basket of Boxes.1976

Basket of Boxes.1976

Had this error pop up last night and havent been able to log in for more than 2 or 3 minutes at a time since, it has rendered the game essentially unplayable. Lots of those fixes are for people who could never get into the game but it has run fine for me since headstart and only started yesterday after making no changes. Just hoping for an update at this point as I tried all the fixes in the forum thread that is THREE YEARS OLD and some posts on reddit.

Disconnections

Posted by: Juriasti.8297

Juriasti.8297

@Inculpatus cedo and Siliconmana, I appreciate that you’re trying to help. Look at the image posted by OP. It’s a connection issue. This probably isn’t related to the OOM crashes so many were seeing. There may be a slight performance gain with the 64 bit client, but it’s not likely to remedy the DC issue.

@OP, please, let’s keep this issue in one thread. It makes it easier for most everyone. And instead of burying one thread and other posters, we keep the issue on the front page without unnecessary bumps. I hope the fresh install alleviates the DC issue, though to use the 64 bit client, you only have to drop it (Gw2-64.exe) into your GW2 install directory (“program files\Guild Wars 2\” for example).

@Basket of Boxes, there are a number of people that have been experiencing similar issues. My issues isn’t as severe (typically, I can play for ~15 minutes before a DC), but you may want to check the thread linked above and again below.

Disconnections

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I didn’t suggest it had anything to do with, well, anything. Just asking for a bit more information, and that the best source of help is the Tech CS Team (who will ask for more information).

Unfortunately, the OP isn’t interested in the help the Team may provide, so I hope he/she finds help elsewhere.

Best of luck.

Disconnections

Hydra Namooth.5301

I have completely uninstalled and re-installed 64-bit Gw2, the Dcing is still happening randomly sometimes once every min, sometimes once every hour…randomly…it’s seriously making me want to quit GW until this is resolved

Disconnections

Posted by: Rio.4259

Rio.4259

I’ve been having the same issue. My internet is perfectly fine. Absolutely no connection or latancy issues with any other games, steam, tests, tracerts…anything.

I play normally and then just suddenly disconnect with the same error that was posted. No lag at all, no freezes, nothing. Just an instant and sudden disconnect with the same error message, and booted back to character select. I can immediately log back in…no issues or having to wait, restart, etc. However…the annoying part is ALL of my contribution in the maps is lost and I have to start over…only to be disconnected again 15 minutes later and repeat the process.

32 vs 64 does not matter and makes no difference. It was happening to me on the 32 bit, and still happens on the 64 bit.

Some nights it does not happen at all. Other nights it’s literally every 10-15 minutes.

Customer support will probably not be of any help. It’s nice to think that they would, but all they will do is ask the basic questions, check if your modem is plugged in, do a tracert which will show up normal, etc.

This did not affect me at all until after the HoT launch. Before that I never had a single disconenct issue with GW2.

(edited by Rio.4259)

Disconnections

Posted by: Akoni.2679

Akoni.2679

^^^THIS!!

i have constant issues that only progressed and now i am downloading the game for the 2nd time! I have did your clean boot…fail…and now the repair crashes constantly. It actually progressed slightly to only crash and corrupt all my data. I have to download it all over again.