Disconnects

Disconnects

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Aphix.9853

Aphix.9853

GW2 disconnects me to character selection screen, WAY too often since monday (!). I had no problems untill then. Since monday my game disconnects every 2-15 minutes. In 5-6 hours my game DC’d about 30+ times I’m guessing ? Maybe more..
Safe to say it’s really annoying and it’s making the game unplayable and I’m missing out on lots of rewards and stuff from meta events.
It’s clearly a problem on arenanets end as everything else works perfectly.
Also I’ve noticed that the disconnects happen more frequently when I ‘minimize’ my game (I run fullscreen windowed)…though it’s not 100% like that.

Anyone else with this problem ? Any advice ? Thanks..

Disconnects

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Constant disconnects on my end as well.

Game Client lost it’s connection to the server…

Over, and over, and over again

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Disconnects

Posted by: Juriasti.8297

Juriasti.8297

I’m experiencing similar. It doesn’t seem to be my connection as I’ve had Spotify playing, uninterrupted, during 2 DCs. Tonight I’ve seen several DCs over the course of ~3 hours. I haven’t noticed any sort of pattern and things aren’t as severe for me. Just the same…. This comes on the heels of the OOM crashes.

Disconnects

Posted by: Nellem.3160

Nellem.3160

Are you able to reconnect right away? I’ve been getting disconnected and I’m unable to reconnect. A tracert to the servers shows problems with a backbone provider telia.net. They’re losing packets. Lots of complaints over the years from different games about them.

Disconnects

Posted by: OBI.9067

OBI.9067

Sadly it is happening to me as well. I tried my other MMOs and all working fine WoW with Aussie server [21ms], Secret World [180ms].

GW2 latency is varying between 600ms -980ms and then freezes. I have to [alt-F4] to close it as it becomes unresponsive.
I tried Speedtest.net and got a 177ms ping to Los Angeles from Australia.

Disconnects

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Seeing bad lag tonight, too, and one disconnect, probably due to those lost packets.

Disconnects

Posted by: MangoCrush.7819

MangoCrush.7819

its OK everyone who was in Silverwastes got DC’ed.. and I mean everyone

Stormbluff Isle

Disconnects

Aphix.9853

Nothing to do with a specific map and yes I can connect back into the game immediately after the dc.

Disconnects

Juriasti.8297

Yeah, reconnecting hasn’t been an issue. Motivation to reconnect, on the other hand. It seems to be telia.net for me as well. I’m coming from the SE US with a clean connection up to telia.net. This isn’t the 1st time I’ve seen issues with their service.

I was excited when the 64 bit client was released as I’ve experienced the OOM crashes since HoT launch. Now there’s this. My patience is about in tatters.

Disconnects

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Theres a problem with some DNS routes, and nd estrangely with everything involving silverwastes and Living World Season 2 private instance.

I solved this by changing my Google DNS DNS to OpenDNS.

The Anet has to pay attention to this problem. Not all players have advanced knowledge like me.

The symptoms are more severe when entering private instance of “Living World Season 2”. The problem disappeared when I stopped using GoogleDNS.

Other procedures:
DNS cache cleaning
Reconnect after clearing the cache.

Disconnects

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Theres a problem with some DNS routes, and nd estrangely with everything involving silverwastes and Living World Season 2 private instance.

The Anet has to pay attention to this problem. Not all players have advanced knowledge like me.

The symptoms are more severe when entering private instance of “Living World Season 2”. The problem disappeared when I stopped using GoogleDNS.

Other procedures:
DNS cache cleaning

The fact that it’s Telia.net’s issue shows that it really is outside of Anet’s issue. And changing your DNS, if you really have very limited computer knowledge (and seeing some of the comments, there are many people in that situation) is not always a wise choice.

This is how routing on the internet works. Sometimes connections between you and your destination are having issues, and really all you can do is contact your ISP and have them use their back end support inform the hop that is having issues.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Disconnects

Posted by: Ornajel.1806

Ornajel.1806

Other procedures:
DNS cache cleaning

Thanks for your tip. I would be very grateful if you could share with us how to do it.

Disconnects

Posted by: Ornajel.1806

Ornajel.1806

Ok, I reply myself. I have found this guide.

http://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/

Hope it helps.

P.D: Should I change the DNS in my router / cable modem as well?

Disconnects

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

Ok, I reply myself. I have found this guide.

http://www.howtogeek.com/164981/how-to-switch-to-opendns-or-google-dns-to-speed-up-web-browsing/

Hope it helps.

P.D: Should I change the DNS in my router / cable modem as well?

No, just change it in your router.

Disconnects

Aphix.9853

This is mental. 10 disconnects in 10 minutes or less.

http://i.imgur.com/cXAw2Vb.jpg

Disconnects

Posted by: abomally.2694

abomally.2694

It’s prob a DNS issue.

Disconnects

Juriasti.8297

It’s prob a DNS issue.

Care to explain why you believe this is a DNS issue?

And for the record, I’ve swapped DNS around numerous times. I spoke with my ISP. They’re running fine – handling a few load balancing issues (prime time, soon to be updated nodes), but spinning like a top otherwise. When I’m able, I’ve run a tracert ASAP after a DC. Almost every time that I’m able to catch it, telia.net through NCsoft servers are spiking up to between 120 and 500 ms. That’s after I’ve already DCed. Typically, as I said above, I’m able to reconnect as soon as the client allows. The client, btw, handles DCs poorly. Black screen for how long? Alt-f4 shouldn’t be the only means to exit if the client has a hard time finding the login server.

At any rate, I was able to play 15 minutes today. What fun…

Disconnects

Posted by: Hydra Namooth.5301

Hydra Namooth.5301

Other procedures:
DNS cache cleaning

Whats “Google DNS”?