Disconnects and "Incorrect Password" Message [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: The Hermit.3542

The Hermit.3542

Having the same issue and it’s getting very annoying. I get booted 2-3 times a day now and If I’m in WvW it’s even more frustrating. It started happening before I changed my password and changing it didn’t make any difference.

Baron Von Fur
Charr Engineer
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: francisling.2987

francisling.2987

Has been happening occasionally for a month, not as frequent as annoying, but worrisome.

Been getting forcefully logged out of the client while in game, with the notice of “incorrect password” popping out. Changed my password, but problem still persists.

Does it mean that someone is attempting to crack my password?

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi Francisling,

I reccomend you to perform a full scan of your system looking for viruses or other potential malicious software and enable account authentication, as well as changing your password (game and email one).

If the problem persist open a ticket to technical support as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding

Posted by: Mike.6403

Mike.6403

It’d be nice to have this resolved before tomorrow, so I can actually enjoy The Lost Shores.

Posted by: Doofensmirtz.1243

Doofensmirtz.1243

Happening to me 2-4 times a day. Please fix.

Posted by: Decadis.3876

Decadis.3876

Getting same issue multiple times a day

Posted by: Satanic Spider.8372

Satanic Spider.8372

Randomly 4-5 times a day I get Incorrect Password while playing. I have a friend who is also having the same issue.

Posted by: pRAY.1259

pRAY.1259

u should change ur password, best ones is sentences with numbers in end, after my steam account was hacked ( I got it back) using 20+ digits in pass, lately my EA Origin account was hacked, even i got my purchase receipts support is passive, need to try contact them once more

email should be also protected with strong password, better use world wide email services as gmail

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Did all the above. Still get it. Again, this is in game. Wondering if its more of an authentication thing the servers.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

Pray,

I think you missed what he is saying (he is having the same issue as me). I am already in game. My password is fine and the account is not compromised. While playing, randomly I get an error popup saying “Invalid Password” and it closes my game. Never once did I enter a password; it appears to be more connection to the authentication server issues.

Just so everyone knows. I changed my password, I use the good authenticator, scanned my system with my virus scanner and Spybot; all clean.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Doofensmirtz.1243

I get same issue 4-5 times a day. No response from Anet. Come on.

Doofensmirtz.1243

Oh and if you contact them via ticket, they “misunderstand” and reset your password instead of reading the ticket. Yeah great CS right there.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Oh and if you contact them via ticket, they “misunderstand” and reset your password instead of reading the ticket. Yeah great CS right there.

Same thing I got. They misunderstand and try to recover a lost account when it has nothing to do with that. Just an annoying disconnection error in-game.

Sucks that it seems there’s absolutely no information on why this error is happening anywhere.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Mike.6403

Mike.6403

Still playing the waiting game.

Posted by: sakurals.7143

sakurals.7143

This is happening to me too since a week, and is really annoying.
Anyone have any news about what is this problem about?

Posted by: sakurals.7143

sakurals.7143

Happend to me a lot on PVP -_-

Doggie.3184

Judging by the replies I get from support I’m starting to believe Anet has no idea this error exists or why.

Posted by: Typicalsloan.8603

Typicalsloan.8603

This happens to be about once ever hour or two. Extremely annoying when your in a group trying to do a dungeon. Didn’t have this issue until the last round of “patches”.

Just happened again while in a fractal and now I can’t join my party. Why wasn’t this fixed prior to launching a dungeon where once your kicked out you have no way of getting back in.

Typicalsloan.8603

Judging by the replies I get from support I’m starting to believe Anet has no idea this error exists or why.

Based on the lack of support, no info on the wiki for this error code other than it happens and replies I’m certain your correct.

(edited by Typicalsloan.8603)

Posted by: xsoverload.4826

xsoverload.4826

It’s been happening to me since … two patches ago? Didn’t even bother me that much since I could just log back in and resume where I left off. Even if it was a dungeon. But I just got punted from the FotM dungeon and I can’t rejoin my party because the way the dungeon is designed.

So here I am to chime in to say … fix this issue. Especially if you’re going to design dungeons where you can’t rejoin if there is a connection failure.

Doggie.3184

Just got kicked with this error at VERY END of our fracture run. ;/ knew it would happen eventually. Support ticket reply from anet is trying to ask my info so they can Reset my password… they’re not even reading my ticket correctly.

Posted by: kaffaljidhma.1496

kaffaljidhma.1496

I took a screenshot.

This of course happened when I was in the middle of playing the game, having already put in my correct password successfully.

Posted by: Speedstersonic.3645

Speedstersonic.3645

Can we please get a statement on why this is happening?

Speedstersonic.3645

Just got it again, finally wrote down the error code, I never had this happen until a month ago and this last week it’s like every 2 hours! this is pissing me off

11:1000:7006:861:101 that’s the error code it says.

Posted by: Phzt.9864

Phzt.9864

I have the exact same problem, and like the OP said, it started happening about 3 weeks ago. The new fractal dungeon doesn’t allow you to rejoin your party when booted, so people with this bug can’t even do the new content.

Posted by: Ordo.1079

Ordo.1079

Mhhhh… I have the same problem and it’s “DEFINITELY” the right password : / so a bit support would be nice!^^

Posted by: Furix.5719

Furix.5719

How about a fix ANet? I’ve been kicked out of dungeons so many times now because of this stupid bug. Either fix this bug or let people join back Fractal dungeons

[RAM] Xiruf – Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

This is making Fractals impossible. I certainly hope they don’t have all their resources focusing on lost shores, considering a good portion of us can’t even enjoy the content due to this Invalid Password issue. They need to correct this issue yesterday. Shouldn’t be focusing on new content when players can’t enjoy the existing content. I am sincerely hoping they have it fixed soon. It has been a known issue for some time. This cannot be happening throughout Wintersday. Already losing out on most of the Lost Shores content due to these kicks. Gaile Gray, can’t you get a specialized team together to tackle this issue in the immediate sense?

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

I have been getting kicked out of Fractals and I cannot rejoin my party. Very annoying as it has happend two times today already. I agree there needs to be a rejoin function for Fractals.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Drusus.6723

Drusus.6723

Add me to the list, I’m getting this error daily.

I have a nasty suspicion it’s indicative of probes against known email addresses generating a kick artefact when the attempts fail, which shouldn’t happen.

That is however purely a theory based on behaviours in other systems from my professional technologist life. Could very well be a pure bug barking out a totally disconnected error on disconnect.

Either way, bloody irritating.

Posted by: Criusis.8752

Criusis.8752

same problem. And if you can’t really prevent this, at least make the new dungeon rejoinable!!!

The Tiny Master of Evil——-Apate Veigar

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Yes this issue needs attention.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Doggie.3184

Add me to the list, I’m getting this error daily.

I have a nasty suspicion it’s indicative of probes against known email addresses generating a kick artefact when the attempts fail, which shouldn’t happen.

That is however purely a theory based on behaviours in other systems from my professional technologist life. Could very well be a pure bug barking out a totally disconnected error on disconnect.

Either way, bloody irritating.

You’re going to have to figure out a way to save us, since Anet doesn’t know about it yet.

Posted by: hellidk.9365

hellidk.9365

I have the same issue and dont wanna do the fractals because the party will get kicked if i get an invalid password. Hopefully you will fix this soon! it does get very annoying!

Posted by: Neokolzia.5680

Neokolzia.5680

I had this as well, through the remember password logged in yesterday no issues, unable to log in period today. Told me I had a incorrect password even though it was remembered, had so much trouble with the system.

I even wrote the current password down carefully incase my brain is faulty and apparently unable to remember it. Which isn’t the case, attempted login to the site and launcher numerous times and was told incorrect password. Attempting to reset the password, told me that it; Password Reset Failed, contact support.

No idea why it failed, isn’t that what the reset password thing is for, even though I remembered it and it was something on there end that messed up my password.

Anyway so contacted support, got my password reset. Idk what it is, made something little simpler this time, does GW’s have trouble remembering long passwords with capitals and symbols or something? because this is the second time I’ve had this happen. Getting ridiculous

Posted by: Trick.8347

Trick.8347

I am experiencing this also, I changed password and everything. I’m thinking it’s on Arenanets end not ours.

Posted by: Sareth.9038

Sareth.9038

It’s been happening ever since the halloween update for me

Posted by: midlink.9062

midlink.9062

I don’t have any info to help out but I just figure I let you know that I am having the same issues. I tweeted Guild Wars 2 on this issue lets just hope we get an answer and fix.

Typicalsloan.8603

Can almost guarantee this is not going to help. Lots of people are having this problem including me and I’m beyond frustrated with it. It all started with a certain patch a few ago prior to which I’ve had no issue. There is no malicious software on my machine nor has there ever been.

Its even more frustrating because I cant even do the new dungeon without getting kicked back to LA and then having no way of rejoining my party. Poorly thought design.

Hi Francisling,

I reccomend you to perform a full scan of your system looking for viruses or other potential malicious software and enable account authentication, as well as changing your password (game and email one).

If the problem persist open a ticket to technical support as soon as possible.

Thanks for your understanding

(edited by Typicalsloan.8603)

Posted by: Laurelboa.1634

Laurelboa.1634

I’m seeing the same problem – started today. And to be clear – after the incorrect password message and getting kicked out of the game, I can log back in with the same password and continue playing. My anti-virus is up to date and I enabled email account authentication when it first came on line.

(edited by Laurelboa.1634)

Speedstersonic.3645

It’s been happening ever since the halloween update for me

Same here, never had it before, but ever since the halloween update

Posted by: SkeeLd.2164

SkeeLd.2164

I’m getting this as well, used to get it more often. Now it happens like once a day, and I play like 3~ hours a day.

Posted by: tomchick.6739

tomchick.6739

This has also been a recurring problem for me. But now that it’s interfering with my ability to do the Fractals, it’s no longer just an acceptable annoyance. It’s interfering with my ability to play the game, since it’s twice reset my progress. I’d appreciate any help resolving this. Anyone? ArenaNet?

Cheers,

-Tom

P.S. Oh, and my most recent error code is slightly different than the ones listed above. It was 11:1000:7006:861:101.

(edited by tomchick.6739)

Posted by: Mohmohchan.4120

Mohmohchan.4120

they seriously need to fix this.

Posted by: Quin.9740

Quin.9740

Happens a few times everyday to me.

Mighty Quin of SOR

Posted by: Squall Leonhart.2075

Squall Leonhart.2075

its a symptom of the authentication server not responding in the given time frame.

Posted by: The Hermit.3542

The Hermit.3542

Yep getting disconnected from fractals because of this is just unbearable. It’s making the game close to unplayable and then I feel like a dick for screwing over my group. Many threads on the issues and only candid replies from Arenanet.

Baron Von Fur
Charr Engineer
Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Phzt.9864

Phzt.9864

Just got this bug again for the hundredth time. To echo others, this only started after halloween. I have multiple authentication steps for my email on top of Anet’s auth system, and have reset my password twice.

I can’t do the new dungeons and need to run all the way back in WvW when this happens, and it sucks. Please fix this bug.

Posted by: Zaknar.4068

Zaknar.4068

I am also having this problem. I use a unique password and email authentication so I really highly doubt that it has anything to do with my password. This is ruining my Fractals group as there is no way for me to rejoin them once I get randomly kicked. This happens 2-3 times a day. It could be 10 minutes after I sign in, or hours later.

Posted by: Squall Leonhart.2075

Squall Leonhart.2075

its the authentication server timing out because of congestion (at anet’s end, or on a hub between you and them)