Disconnects and "Incorrect Password" Message [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: null.1298

null.1298

I periodically get this same error and get booted from the game. I got this error before changing my password, and I still get it after I changed my password.

I was never really bothered about this error before, since I could also just log back in, but it’s incredibly annoying to get kicked by this error in the middle of the fractal dungeon.

Posted by: Curuglas.1847

Curuglas.1847

This happens to be about once ever hour or two. Extremely annoying when your in a group trying to do a dungeon. Didn’t have this issue until the last round of “patches”.

Just happened again while in a fractal and now I can’t join my party. Why wasn’t this fixed prior to launching a dungeon where once your kicked out you have no way of getting back in.

Exactly the same problem here. Since about a few days, now and again I get the Worng password error in the middle of the game, and now in the fractal dungeon… VERY annoying… ANet, please, please fix this issue soon, and while you’re on it, let people rejoin after a technical disconnect…

Posted by: Typicalsloan.8603

Typicalsloan.8603

Would be nice if Anet would own THEIR problem which started after the flurry of Halloween patches which were more than likely rushed out the door with little testing.

At this point I probably would be doing level 6+ fractals but instead I’m getting kicked out all the time by this error and then am not able to rejoin my party. Honestly I’m thoroughly disgusted and have zero desire to spend any more real money on this game.

All I’m asking for is customer support 101, “Hey we know there is an issue and we are working to address it.” Nothing but silence and responses that say to reset your password or check your machine for malicious software, non of which are the issue.

Posted by: Typicalsloan.8603

Typicalsloan.8603

Getting the same error all the time.. 11:1000:7006:861:101. They probably have no clue what is causing it based on their lack of response.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

This is a known issue. I’m going to follow up and see what progress we’ve made.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Aezoc.8314

Aezoc.8314

Thanks Gaile!

Since you can’t rejoin your party in FotM, this is pretty gamebreaking for those of us that get it regularly.

Posted by: Deathriot.5647

Deathriot.5647

I too am having this issue and have made a post about it I appreciate the dev response and hope that the issue is solved soon keep up the amazing work Anet you guy’s rock

Posted by: Parisalchuk.9230

Parisalchuk.9230

Someone needs to be held accountable for these disconnect errors. I have been virtually unable to do anything in this game because of the frequent disconnects. earlier today I got DCed after completing the Maw in FotM but because I didnt collect the chest and return I didnt get credit for finishing the level.

I work as a software engineer, if I caused issues that would cause our client base to be unable to consistently connect I would have lost my job by now. Its been 10 days. We didnt have these kind of quality issues in GW1, why are we getting them now?

O O O O I I I O – Spoons and Sporks [Soup] (Retired)
http://www.twitch.tv/parisalchuk

Posted by: Right Toe Of Grenth.4032

Right Toe Of Grenth.4032

I too started have this problem occurring more frequently now. It is slightly annoying to get kicked during a fierce spvp match or during a great dungeon run but to happen 3 hours into the final lost shores event is downright painful and unable to reconnect to a server that has the event still running.

Posted by: Necrid.2705

Necrid.2705

Still having this issue more and more. So far I have run the GameAdvisor, read that report, nothing really there to see, did GW2.exe -diag, same thing, so this morning I did GW2.exe -repair, and then i ran the client as GW2.exe /clientport 80 for the Ancient Karka Event and I stayed logged in through it. I am currently going to try running the game still until I get kicked again. If you want to try what I did then follow these steps.

1) Copy your Guild War 2 shortcut on your desktop – right-click on it, select copy.
2) Paste it twice on the desktop, creating Copy and Copy (1) or something similiar. – Right click a blank area on desktop and select Paste, repeat.
3) Name them. – Name one GW Repair, and name the other GW Port Test.
4) Open each ones’ properties – Right-click, select properties, do on each.
5) Change the settings – Under the shortcut Tab – Where it says Target – It should say something like [“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” ] (without the brackets.)
5.1)on GW Repair make it say [“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -repair ] by adding a space a minus-sign and the word. – Hit apply and save and close.
5.2)on GW Port Test make it say [“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” /clientport 80 ] by adding a space a slash and the word a space and the number. – Hit apply and save and close.
6) Run GW2 Repair – the launcher will load, check your files, and correct any issues.
7) Run GW Port Test as your active client until you get booted (the stage I am at).

Remember, this is assuming the error is on our end.

If any of you have support tickets out, you can do one [“C:\Program Files (x86)\Guild Wars 2\Gw2.exe” -diag ] and save that text file and upload it to your support tickets if you haven’t been directed to yet. If there is a common facter, ANet can find it with these reports.

— Necrid — Ehmry Bay — [TML]/[oG] — Charrdian Main — All Classes
— [Twitch] twitch.tv/necrid2705 — [GW-EN] gw-en.com “Necrid and Chill”

(edited by Necrid.2705)

Posted by: Rhapsody.6173

Rhapsody.6173

I’d like to know if this is simply a connection issue, a client issue, or if this is a sign of the RMT/$%#@!/Goldfarmers trying to log into accounts again.

Deathriot.5647

@ Necrid2705 I would appreciate and update on how this fix has effected your game play if it continues to work or if it fails
-Deathriot

Necrid.2705

@ Deathriot, so far no disconnects, 11:50am pst – 6:00pm pst.
(now going to watch Dexter so I’ll probably get disconnected for afk.
I’ll use my teamviewer to stay connected if i can.)

No dice. After many hours, sadly, I still ended up being kicked and
getting the -Invalid Password- error.
Sorry guys, I tried. Though this did seem to delay the error drastically.
ANet… please…

(edited by Necrid.2705)

Deathriot.5647

I appreciate it it went strong for the entire fractul and upon lions arch I had a network error that has been it

Deathriot.5647

That is bad to hear Necrid and perhaps the player will not have to take it on him self to fix this as we know it is on Arena nets End the Gf sits in the same room on the same internet on a pc similar to mine with no issues Let’s hope Anet can post on this issue soon

Deathriot.5647

wow Just now Kicked from a fractul yet again Only moments after thinking I might be ok this is ruining game play for me especially with this new dungeon I have to hear my mates on vent Gripe and not bring me any more because of something that has taken 10 days to address !!!!

(edited by Deathriot.5647)

Deathriot.5647

Just happened again it is becoming more frequent

Incorrect Password please check it and try again (Code=11:1000:7006:743:101)

(edited by Deathriot.5647)

Posted by: Derako.3856

Derako.3856

Are you planning to give any sort of compensation to the people who have been affected by this bug that you admit knew about before the event went live?

I can only imagine the rage and sadness that this bug may have cause some players during Fractals/ Ancient Karka event…

From GoM to Kaineng.
Ex-member of Ábsolute ínsaníty [Áí]
Veteran of Rethesis [RE]

Posted by: UnfairOphelia.9763

UnfairOphelia.9763

As mentioned in other threads elsewhere in the forums, I’ve been having this problem for several days in a row now, usually 2 or 3 times a day.

One thing that I have noticed is that for at least the last 5 days, I’ve always been booted off sometime between 7:15pm and 7:45pm EST; the other times seem to be utterly random. I certainly hope this problem can be tracked down and solved soon.

Scribe and Executive Officer of Sognatori di Tramonto [DRMS] on Fort Aspenwood.
A proud altaholic and cartographer.

Posted by: Graytalon.3289

Graytalon.3289

I ahve been following this from the sidedlines, but I want to track this one a bit more. It’s been happening to me since Halloween or shortly there after. Gaile, keep those updates coming.

GT

Posted by: Krystyl Psyanide.2794

Krystyl Psyanide.2794

Still an issue, was just booted for incorrect password.

Posted by: Nightwatch.2653

Nightwatch.2653

I can’t believe this still isn’t fixed. It should be a top priority issue.

Parisalchuk.9230

Today is a work day. I expect to hear an update on this bug promptly. It seems every other connection issue is handled quickly, why is this one now over a week old without any word?

Patience only last so long.

Posted by: Zaknar.4068

Zaknar.4068

Just wanted to reply again with hopefully relevant information:

I can’t think of any way to reproduce this. There isn’t anything I’m doing each time it happens that is a point of consistency. The only thing that seems SLIGHTLY consistent is the time or day (or maybe how long I’ve been playing?), which is generally around the afternoon (having played just an hour or two by then) and again late at night (after the client has been on for quite a while.) It isn’t a definite time, but its almost ALWAYS twice a day for me, afternoon and late night.

This has only been happening for about 2-3 weeks. I played successfully for 2 months without this problem.

This issue does not coincide with me changing my password; I was using the same password since e-mail authentication came out. I changed my password two days ago and the problem persists.

I have fully reinstalled the game since this issue began, with no luck.

I know the above is more the domain of a support ticket, but I’m throwing it out there in case anyone else suffering from this can point out some consistency between my experiences and theirs. Looking forward to a speedy resolution, thanks for the hard work.

Necrid.2705

Still having issues. I was almost brightened by it. By now we have determined that it is in fact, something on A-nets end.

A-NET – FRACTALS ARE IMPOSSIBLE – EVENTS CANT BE DONE – THESE DISCONNECTS ARE COSTING YOUR LOYAL PLAYER COMMUNITY AND IN TURN YOU. THESE DISCONNECTION ISSUES NEED TO BE ADDRESSED WITH A SOLUTION ON YOUR END THAT SOLVES THIS ISSUE FOR ALL OF US, SINCE ITS BEEN MADE CLEAR THAT WE ALL HAVE THE SAME ISSUE. PUT WINTERSDAY EVENTS ON HOLD UNTIL YOU HAVE THIS ISSUE ADDRESSED. WINTERSDAY WILL BE YOUR BIGGEST MONEY MAKING HOLIDAY EVENT. MAKE SURE THIS IS FIXED WELL BEFORE THEN. (Though a fix 5 days ago would have been better. We understand that you have issues with events and game bugs and also many players who still need their rewards for the Ancient Karka event (us included in that group.) but NONE of us can enjoy anything you guys put in or implement until you correct OUR ISSUE…)…. All I am saying, is: Priorities Anet, Priorities. Lets get things ironed out for all of us. We all thank you for you prompt, undivided attention to this matter. It really shows us how much you care.

Parisalchuk.9230

Necrid, while its true they have other bugs to attend to, connection bugs SHOULD be on the top of their list. This is why I am so very unhappy with how this is being handled. Its mid day PST and we are still waiting for a reply for what should be one of their highest priority bugs.

Posted by: Mike.6403

Mike.6403

Love the support team, closed my ticket after transferring me to “Tech Support” without a single word, not even a “too bad”. Good to know that even being calm and polite results in 11 day of no action, and a giant “screw you” at the end.

Ticket: 121108-002341

(edited by Mike.6403)

Posted by: Tanag.4297

Tanag.4297

This is just ridiculous from a company of this caliber. For shame.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’ve routed an email to inquire about the status of this. I know it’s irritating, but the team is aware and they’ll figure it out.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Rhapsody.6173

Rhapsody.6173

I’ve routed an email to inquire about the status of this. I know it’s irritating, but the team is aware and they’ll figure it out.

Gaile, im sure alot of us are aware of how hard bugs are to track down and stop.

Im more concerned on finding out if this is simply a client issue, a net issue, or if were getting kicked because someone ‘else’ is trying to log into our accounts.

Does the team atleast know which of those it ‘might’ be?

Necrid.2705

@ Gaile Gray, any word? Any ETA? Could go knock on their door if they wont respond to email. :-)

Posted by: TranMD.1804

TranMD.1804

This has been happening to me as well for several weeks now. I was lucky it didn’t happen to me during the Lost Shores finale event but it’s happened twice while I was in a Fractal. I’m holding back on doing Fractals until this gets fixed.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Hey all,

Thanks so much for your patience as we gathered more info about this and looked into the matter in detail. The devs made some changes, and we’re tracking this issue after those changes.

Please post if you have had this issue after 4:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday, November 19.

Thank you!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Necrid.2705

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!

Deathriot.5647

OMG SO AMAZING!!! No Dc’s so far Thank you

Posted by: Shen Anigans.4169

Shen Anigans.4169

Just got one @ 7:00PM PST.

Posted by: Krystyl Psyanide.2794

Krystyl Psyanide.2794

2nd boot today and in fractals this time… how bout roll the thing back to b4 the password “upgrade” recently implement?

venting rage atm.

Posted by: Amenirdis.9724

Amenirdis.9724

Got one as well. 04.00 a.m. CET

Posted by: Fimbulvetr Wraith.2379

Fimbulvetr Wraith.2379

Had one just now, first time this has occurred for me. I had just opened the trade post screen, should that make any difference.

3:22 a.m. GMT.

Deathriot.5647

Just getting off now at 4 am East No Dc’s all night long

Previous

Gaile Gray

Thanks for these updates. I’m so happy it’s sorting out for most of you. Now, we’re aware of a few people who are still having issues, and I wanted to add a bit more info, from the programmer involved in the fix. (Yay, Ramsey!)

If you’re still having issues, please allow another day for the DNS to propagate. If you’re still having trouble after, say, Noon Pacific (8:00 PM GMT) on Wednesday, then by all means post again and we’ll look into the matter.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Hailene.4590

Hailene.4590

I have had this error since yesterday and I have sent a ticket to NCSOFT which didn’t help at all. I did some investigating regarding error code 11:0:2:1297 – and someone on FB stated that Anet was able to fix this within a few hours! Please fix My account I really want to play (and i’m frustrated dealing with ncsoft :x)

here it is below:

Jacob Nelsonposted toGuild Wars 2
November 11 at 8:13pm ·

Can’t log in to my account, (had it since pre-launch,) receiving error code 11:0:2:1297 on log in attempt; Says my email or password are invalid. Never changed any of my info and I can’t log in to the site either. Attempted to recover my account on the site, but an error occurs and it tells me to contact support, which I’ve done. Just figured I’d see if I could get a faster answer here as to why it may be doing this?
Like ·
Zachary Mettin likes this.
Jiku Michiru fastest and most likely answer is someone has gotten into your account, and changed your password and or possibly your email address for the game
November 11 at 11:56pm · Like
Jacob Nelson I got it taken care of by one of the good fellows at ANet. If someone did get in my account, they didn’t touch anything that I could see. Everything I remember being there was still there. Thanks for the reply though.
November 11 at 11:57pm · Like

Hailene.4590

Good Morning,

I am still having the same log in trouble as I did yesterday. error code 11:0:2:1297. I’m upset that you fix other people’s accounts within 2 hours but mine is now going on 3 days.

Posted by: Zaknar.4068

Zaknar.4068

Hailene, read Gaile’s latest reply. The latest fix may not affect you until today at noon pacific time.

Also, Hailene, Gaile said to allow time for ‘the DNS to propagate’. To simplify what can be extrapolated from that response, this issue is some sort of routing issue that involves the broader internet. It isn’t like there is a light switch being flipped on certain accounts and not others. You have not been personally ignored. Some DNS servers update faster than others around the world; it is only a matter of time. Lastly, even if you are the last person ever still having this problem, do you think they’re just going to ignore you? Hang tight. This issue has been around for a while, a few more hours (or a few more days) won’t kill anyone.

Hailene.4590

I apologize for my somewhat raging posts but the unhelpful emails I received from Ncsoft support put a bad taste in my mouth and it makes me very mad and frustrated.

I just tried again to log on- and still having the same log on issue.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I apologize for my somewhat raging posts but the unhelpful emails I received from Ncsoft support put a bad taste in my mouth and it makes me very mad and frustrated.

I just tried again to log on- and still having the same log on issue.

Your issue is also different from the one described in this thread. This issue here is the game randomly disconnecting people and giving an “Incorrect Password” message. That has nothing to do with being unable to log on.

Hailene.4590

There is a similar error that do not know, but you can go …
error code 11:0:2:1297

This person has the same problem as me that is in this thread. My error message also says that there is an incorrect pw/account issue.

Posted by: kaliku.7914

kaliku.7914

Guys i also have frequent discs, giving me either the “login server” or “lost connection to server” message.
My internet is working during this, teamspeak active etc., the only thing is i get booted to char select screen with one of those 2 messages.
What is very very very irritating is that it s happening in Fractals.
I wouldn t mind if i could just reload the map and join my team again as in other dungeons but nope.
Either fix the dc’s or make it so we can rejoin our team in fractals………..been lvl 11 for 2 days now.

Posted by: imagetaker.6807

imagetaker.6807

Getting DC’d about every 45 mins. with an error message to that says "Check your Internet connection, but internet doesn’t go down as I am still in Raidcall with my guild. Error message is Code 14:4;5;9913:101

I was fine before today and have no idea what changed. But waiting in WvWvW queue for 30 – 45 mins and then getting DC’d just after getting in is getting a tad old. It is really the first time I have had such issues.

Posted by: tao.7693

tao.7693

getting disconnected every 30-60 min of gameplay or so with the firewall, router, campus error. none of that applies to me though. i’ve never had the router firewall or windows firewall enabled. the disconnects have only recently started happening to me after the lost shores update last weekend.

the last number error i recorded was 42:1000:9001:4093:101 though the number tends to change slightly every disconnect.

have also tried flushing dns multiple times.

Tao [Bird]