Dissappointed by update

Dissappointed by update

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: skull.2756

skull.2756

Im new to this mmos world, i never played any mmo before.
I read good reviews on gaming websites about GW2.

I didn’t bought online version of this game bcuz my internet is slow 1 mbs
So bought DVD but was seriously kittened off when after installing it showed it needs to download a update.

I kept my pkittenouched for 6hrs but it reached only 8%.
Why u guys dont give .dat file to be downloaded directly from ur website maybe through torrent client of anything, so at least i can download it from any where speed is fast.
Please suggest me what to do now

Dissappointed by update

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

How would it be any different to download the DAT file directly if the problem is YOUR slow internet connection?

If you connection is maxed out, Torrent can’t bypass that limitation (and neither can a file download from a website). The problem is your slow connection and I don’t see how that is Anet’s problem to fix.

If you purchased a DVD of an MMO with the belief that NO updates would be required that’s also a mistake on your end…..all games (and especially MMOs) have updates that are required to play (especially on-line).

I’m not trying to be mean, just explain that your issues are not something Anet can or will fix and your belief that they should is simply your misunderstanding of how you believe this process (playing an MMO on-line) should work.

As far as a suggestion to obtain the DAT file more quickly, I can only suggest you find a current GW2 player near you location and ask to copy their DAT file and copy it to your game folder (overwriting the one that is attempting to be downloaded).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Dissappointed by update

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

When I bought the game 2 years ago, I had 1mbs so it took me 2 days to download the game.
Also, the % indicate the number of files, not the total size of the game. That 8% may be 100 files of 1gb each. The next 100 files may be 1mb each so you’ll have another 8% in no time.

Anyways, since the game is bigger now, it should take more than 48 hours to download ith 1mbs but obviously, you are closer now :P

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Dissappointed by update

Posted by: skull.2756

skull.2756

I found solution of it for myself
I took my laptop to office and downloaded upto on high speed internet
I played for almost 1 hr and game crashed, this really kittened me off