Do temp bans result in losing guild?

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: The Last Hobbit.6492

The Last Hobbit.6492

Q:

Do temporary bans result in losing guild membership?

I have an guild that I made with my friends when the game launched. I am the only remaining member.

I’ve always played by the rules but I see people getting temporary bans that were accidental or due to a false positive on an anti-botting detection.

If I were to get a 1-day or 3-day ban, would my guild be deleted, since I am the only member? Would I be kicked from all my guilds? Would I lose my guild leader position?

This post was just prompted by some comment a friend made to me about the dangers of being the only person left in a guild.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

No, getting a suspension would not affect your Guild standings. Unless, someone in a Guild ‘kicked’ you. The game would not kick you from any guilds.

Posted by: Michael Henninger.7451

Michael Henninger.7451

Game Support Lead

Next

Correct! There is no risk, aside from loneliness, of being the sole member of a guild.

GM Delicious Intent
Twitter: @ANetCSLead
GM Delicious Intent.5928

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

I just want to add that if the guild name or tag were found to be offensive, we might be forced to disband the guild. These cases are extremely rare, however, and I believe you can go with the preceding answers.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Naz.2607

Naz.2607

Gaile, there is no option currently available to report an offensive guild name.
Are you guys working on this? Cuz, I have come across a guild or 2 in my time that seriously needed to be changed.
Is there another avenue that can be pursued to report a guild name/tag?

Naz ©

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Gaile, there is no option currently available to report an offensive guild name.
Are you guys working on this? Cuz, I have come across a guild or 2 in my time that seriously needed to be changed.

Here is a response from Devs: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-report-offensive-guild-name/first#post3793127

Posted by: Rajani Isa.6294

Rajani Isa.6294

Here is a response from Devs: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/How-to-report-offensive-guild-name/first#post3793127

They really do need to add an ingame support ticket setup, however.