Download not working

Download not working

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: switchstar.7124

switchstar.7124

I’ve downloaded the initial patch and when I went to log in again it’s downloading one remaining file, it downloads to 35mb but doesn’t move from 0% on the download bar pls advise.

Download not working

Posted by: Billy.1879

Billy.1879

also having this problem! plz help

Download not working

Posted by: Shy.7295

Shy.7295

Also having the same issue stuck at downloading 1 file, and stops at 35mb

Download not working

Posted by: Ample.7860

Ample.7860

Same issue here (Australia) – 2 PC’s both get stuck at 35MB

Download not working

Posted by: zarztoons.1260

zarztoons.1260

I don’t get anywhere; download rate fluctuates but lands on 0 KB/s, and I cannot seem to progress from 0%.

Also in Australia. Have flushed DNS, reset router/modem and computer itself.

Download not working

Posted by: hittingray.7189

hittingray.7189

Myself and a friend both have the same issue of getting to 35 MB and then stopping. We are both in Aus and both on Optus. Other friends on other providers do not seem to be having the issue.

Download not working

Ample.7860

Myself and a friend both have the same issue of getting to 35 MB and then stopping. We are both in Aus and both on Optus. Other friends on other providers do not seem to be having the issue.

Yes – also Optus

Download not working

switchstar.7124

I’m with Optus too, reinstalling the game now, the download bar is at least moving so hopefully once it’s fully installed it will work.

Download not working

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

If you’re all on the same ISP then perhaps Optus is throttling the download or blocking the ports required. I would get in touch with them.

I have also heard that the internet cable between the US and Australia is broken at the moment, which is most likely why we’re getting such awful ping in Aus and NZ.

Download not working

switchstar.7124

They shouldn’t be throttling mine I’m on unlimited, the download is happening fine, that last file was only meant to be 35mb so we are getting the whole file but it’s not registering that we have it if that makes sense, the download gets to 35 and then the download rate goes down to 0kb, download bar stays at 0% and play never becomes available, can log in to the client and friends on guild wars get the msg that we’re online, other friends with diff providers haven’t had any issues though.

Download not working

hittingray.7189

This has only started happening today. We can download all of the patch except for the last file, so I doubt they are throttling or blocking anything.

I have also tried changing servers as noted here, with no luck: http://help.guildwars2.com/entries/93290408-Problems-Downloading-or-Patching

(edited by hittingray.7189)

Download not working

Posted by: grapeman.8721

grapeman.8721

My client had the same problem work either so I asked a friend to backup their working client and copied it to my computer. It works!

Download not working

Posted by: Other.1037

Other.1037

I’m also from Australia, using Optus as my ISP, I had this issue today and have had it numerous times in the past. There’s two ways to fix this, wait or open a proxy connection to another country and try and download through there.(which is what worked for me) You have to wait because you’re being routed to a CDN server that doesn’t have the file you need yet. Proxying will get around having to wait because you will(hopefully) be routed to a different CDN server that does have it.

Download not working

Posted by: Reptile.6583

Reptile.6583

Yep.. same and on Optus… had hoped with the NBN this might not happen again… who do I yell at though? Optus or Anet…. lol

Download not working

switchstar.7124

Anet I think, doesn’t make sense that connection is fine in every other area, streaming, downloads, pages yet the game client isn’t working for us.

Download not working

Posted by: Shy.7295

Shy.7295

Tried repairing the client, and a few other random stuff nothing seems to work

(edited by Shy.7295)

Download not working

Posted by: Ryuiz.7924

Ryuiz.7924

Same problem here I’m Australian on Optus .
Have tried
- reinstall
- repair
- different languages
- Run as admin
- Multiple restarts
- Multiple launches

Friends with windows 7 and 10 have the same problem.

Please fix I just want to play ;_;

Download not working

Posted by: Ryuiz.7924

Ryuiz.7924

Okay guys this worked for me
There was a post from a gw2 guy a few months ago when people had a similar problem thanks Stefan Larimore

“Are people still blocked on this? If blocked, you can try adding this temporarily to your Guild Wars 2 shortcut:
-assetsrv drwkwiejruot6.cloudfront.net
"
I’ve tried this with different IPs and it didn’t work but this line of text DID work for me

Download not working

Ample.7860

There was a post from a gw2 guy a few months ago when people had a similar problem thanks Stefan Larimore

“Are people still blocked on this? If blocked, you can try adding this temporarily to your Guild Wars 2 shortcut:
"
I’ve tried this with different IPs and it didn’t work but this line of text DID work for me

This also worked for me on both PC’s. I used the shortcut as above and it instantly patches the last file. I then deleted the shortcut, opened normally and normal service has resumed…Thanks!

Download not working

Posted by: VivaPinata.6540

VivaPinata.6540

"

I’ve tried this but its not helping. The launcher downloads 1 last file sized 33mb and it fails to install I think. It is stuck at 0%. Please find us a fix, I don’t want to download all of that again.

Download not working

hittingray.7189

I used a VPN to download the last bit of the patch and it worked, so give that a shot.

Download not working

switchstar.7124

"

This worked for me, thanks!

Download not working

Posted by: Madchase.6485

Madchase.6485

Bump. Im now having this issue. I use vividwireless.
I tried the above and im having no luck.
How do i use a vpn?
Im not quite making it to the 35mb dl. I typically fail around 19mb.
Any easy fixes now?

Download not working

Posted by: Goobus.3162

Goobus.3162

"

This also worked for me on both PC’s. I used the shortcut as above and it instantly patches the last file. I then deleted the shortcut, opened normally and normal service has resumed…Thanks!

This worked perfectly for me thank you!!!!