Downloaded Version to CE...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sartori.1962

Sartori.1962

Hello

I purchased the download version of GW2 from your site. My wife bought me the Collectors Edition from Amazon so will have this cool Edition and a hard copy of the game now. It took me almost two days to download it lol, don’t want to do that again…

Anyway, I see theres there some Digital CE items included with it also:
Golem Banker
Tome of Influence
Chalice of Glory
Miniature Rytlock
Summon Mistfire Wolf Skill

So can I still enable these on my account even though I bought the regular version? And if so how do go about doing this? I read a couple of reviews on Amazon and it says to do it on my account info but I don’t see anywhere on here to redeem any codes or digital items. I see where you can buy it within the game on the TP but thats it.

Thanks

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

Edit: It seems you can upgrade your regular edition account with other serial key in this case your collectors edition key, you can too upgrade it via black lion trading company at gemstore, buying the upgrade with gems.

(edited by White Wolf.3291)

Sartori.1962

You can’t upgrade your regular edition account with other serial key in this case your collectors edition key, you can only upgrade it via black lion trading company at gemstore, buying the upgrade with gems.

Well shoot, thats a bummer:( I guess no other work around for this except to make a whole new account then…

Can I still use the hard copy of the game to reinstall if I have to though, and use the serial that was e-mailed me then?

Thanks

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

Check out the video tutorial on stacking codes

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9054

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Posted by: White Wolf.3291

White Wolf.3291

Can I still use the hard copy of the game to reinstall if I have to though, and use the serial that was e-mailed me then?

Thanks

Yes, you can use the copy of the game you have. You can play with both accounts if you want.

I don’t know if i’m understanding your question, I hope i did.

I was wrong about upgrading the account. Check the video posted by Nate and tell me if it works please. Sorry about my mistake.

Regards

(edited by White Wolf.3291)

Sartori.1962

Thanks

Yes, you can use the copy of the game you have. You can play with both accounts if you want.

I don’t know if i’m understanding your question, I hope i did.

I was wrong about upgrading the account. Check the video posted by Nate and tell me if it works please. Sorry about my mistake.

Regards

Okay, good news then, yes you understood my question…was mainly interested in getting the extra items that are included, didn’t want them to go to waste, and being able to use the hard copy…

The CE will be here tomorrow so will do the code stacking procedure then and let you know how it turns out. If I need to know anything else would appreciate it if a mod/dev would reply…

Thanks

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

You should be good following the instructions on the page for adding a new code. At that time, you’ll get the special items.

Thanks to you and your family for your support of our game!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Sartori.1962

You should be good following the instructions on the page for adding a new code. At that time, you’ll get the special items.

Thanks to you and your family for your support of our game!

Hello

Well that didn’t work, followed all the steps exactly as they showed in the video. Used the new code that came in the CE. Double checked all my info and got that Serial Code Overlap message:

Pretty sure I did everything right.

Serial Code Overlap

The serial code has already been applied to your account.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Oh dear, I’m so sorry! Support is turning around tickets really quickly these days, and I think to get this organized you will need to contact them by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They definitely will be able to assist you with getting the keys set and making sure you get your bonus items.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Sartori.1962

Oh dear, I’m so sorry! Support is turning around tickets really quickly these days, and I think to get this organized you will need to contact them by filing a ticket through the “Ask a Question” tab on that linked page. They definitely will be able to assist you with getting the keys set and making sure you get your bonus items.

Okay I’ll get things going on it…

Thanks

Sartori.1962

Okay, got it resolved, they manually added the CE code to my account, got it upgraded and received the items. Say you might want to get together with the support team about stacking codes because they said in the e-mail and I quote:

“The reason you are having this issue is because serial codes don?t stack.”

Say I just noticed that my last 4 digits on my forum/site display name are different then my original registered display name/in game name.

Thanks

(edited by Sartori.1962)