Downloading Patch Client Crash

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

I had to stop playing the game for a week or two due to real life stuff. When I came back, I saw there was a new patch. However, I can’t download it at all, every time I try the client crashes.. I’ve tried about a dozen times. At the advice of a guild member, I deleted the temp files, but it didn’t make any difference.

Help? I can’t play the game at all.. I’m going to try to reinstall the client and see if that helps any, but I’m not feeling optimistic.

Egon Vidar.9125

Nope, client reinstall didn’t work. Looks like I’m SOL and can’t play until I receive some form of help.

Egon Vidar.9125

Finally made it update by running the launcher over and over, forcing it to download the files very, very slowly.
It still keeps crashing when I click Play, but if I keep trying, I can eventually get into the game. Which also crashes at random.

Better than nothing, but not entirely solved.

Egon Vidar.9125

Update: The game likes to crash the most when I enter or am in an instance. Once I bypass the crashes logging in, it typically runs fine when I’m in the open world. The moment I try to do personal story missions with instances or I go into a dungeon is when the crashing gets especially bad.

It will also sometimes crash when I’m in a large group such as a zerg attack in WvW, but not as frequently as with instances.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

• What does your crash log contain? (See Part 5 here for some troubleshooting info)
http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Egon Vidar.9125

Oh man. Every time I try to open the game now, I get this mess. Please help! I can’t even get into the game! Repairing Data Archive only gets as far as the dragon logo’s wing before it stops and the crash report always pops up over it.

I would really appreciate some help.. I’d like to be able to play the game.

Attachments:

Egon Vidar.9125

Ah sorry, missed your post there, Kirito. One moment, I have to go in and cap it.

(edited by Egon Vidar.9125)

Egon Vidar.9125

Here you go. Apologies for the size, the forums wouldn’t let me copy and paste the error.

Attachments:

Posted by: ST Babaganosh.3745

ST Babaganosh.3745

Have you attempted to re download the game/client using the – repair command ?

Egon Vidar.9125

Yes, but when I try to run it, it also crashes.

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

• you didn’t have to screenshot it, there is a log file created with the same text. (Arenanet.log)
  • do you have enough free space on your C: drive?
  • Running as admin, permissions correct? Try moving the GW2 folder elsewhere outside of Program Files
http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Egon Vidar.9125

Yes to all of the above.
However, I uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia drivers (a few times..) and finally got it to working smoothly, for now. If any more issues crop up, I’ll update this thread.

I also really don’t consider this resolved since there are many other people having this problem and similar.