ETA on for AMD video cards

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Umx.1298

Umx.1298

Some days ill go a few hours, few mins or 30-45 mins before I crash.. Everytime i crash its either game locks up and have to task manager it, black screen, error box pops up. So its def random. For instance last night crashed every 2mins. This morning been on for 20 so far.. To rule out software I installed windows 8 and did not work still. All hardware is good. I fix pcs for the living. I have stress tested it and diag. All passing. Seeing so many people having issues with GPUS. I just dont feel the need to buy a new card for this game. So is there an Eta on a fix? So i can play the game i paid for with out having to worry about crashing during huge events or anything else.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kurokaze.1407

Kurokaze.1407

Howdy,
Just a random player here but noticed your problem, I got an AMD 6950 and my CPU is also an AMD (Phenom II X3 720 BE), and I got no issues what-so-ever… I however have installed Catalyst 12.8 (my laptop has 12.6, and is using an AMD 4570 without any troubles as well)…
It could be Windows 8 or maybe a Catalyst problem…
Sometimes Catalyst tends up to screw up some games. Hope it somehow helps.

Posted by: Trawlie.3096

Trawlie.3096

Windows 7 – Latest catalyst + drivers

No crashes at all.

Posted by: Roland Dragonne.7384

Roland Dragonne.7384

Could you be overheating? Check my post here for thoughts and suggestions: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/GW2-and-CPU-overheating/first#post31336

Umx.1298

nope temps all are around 50c on laod cpu and gpu.. I got side bar gadgets that monitor all temps and i keep an eye on them. Well I installed win 8 on my 2nd ssd, when it didnt work i just went back to win 7 drive. And i have reinstalled game and 12.8 drivers prob 5 times now.. Just sucks it boils down to something prob a simple as a driver but boned for the time being you know.

Posted by: moirweyn.9872

moirweyn.9872

Try lowering your sound settings to the absolute bare minimum. You are running a soundmax chipset with 2009 drivers. Sounds lockups can cause that to happen as well.

“There are two types of people in the world…and I don’t like them.”

Posted by: Xceptional.7985

Xceptional.7985

No issues on my 7970.
Not when I run it OC’d either.

Permabanned. please take a look at 120905-008337

Umx.1298

Ya sound can be a kitten..Asus doesnt have any new drivers since 09. maybe ill bring a s
card home from work

Posted by: Idolicious.6091

Idolicious.6091

12.8 is garbage; there are definite problems with it. Now, I’m not telling you to install older drivers. ATI needs to hurry up and release a driver that supports GW2 properly.

Posted by: Xceptional.7985

Xceptional.7985

I have yet to run into a game that had issues with 12.8

Permabanned. please take a look at 120905-008337

Umx.1298

I think certain cards just dont wanna work right..