Email/Account Name Change Issue

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ferinkmb.5690

ferinkmb.5690

As I was perusing the forums, I am still coming across people who are having their email/account names changed – even as of TODAY.

So, in light of recent events, I have created an entirely brand new email dedicated entirely to my Guild Wars 2 account.

I’m sure everyone has seen this:

Someone -hopefully you!- has requested to change the email address associated with your Guild Wars account.

Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.

Thanks!

-The ArenaNet Team

And that is sent to the previous email – the “old” one that is no longer going to be used.

I then received this in my NEW email:

Your e-mail address has been changed. Please remember to use this new address the next time you log in to your account.

To confirm this change, please click on the link below.

—removed—

Need help or have questions about your Guild Wars account? Visit our support site: http://support.guildwars2.com/.

Thanks!

-The ArenaNet Team

Why is this email not given out to the OLD email account to authorize such changes?

I’m concerned as to even why I am able to change my account name at this point without ANet’s permission simply because of the influx of players who have had their account NAMES compromised and are unable to even log into theses forums to discuss the matter. Notice how everyone is posting for their friend, guildie, girl or boy friend or their fiance?

Please tell me this is being dealt with. From what the sticky posts are showing me, ANet support is going to continually received email/account name change notices until some sort of authentication is done on the user end to stop such changes.

Why are users unable to recover their email/account name with a serial code, password, or security question? Wouldn’t this lighten the load tremendously on an already stressed support staff?

Things are in place to recover passwords, but nothing in place to recovery email/account names, which can be easily changed with no authentication on the user end and are STILL being changed to this very day without users consent causing more tickets!

I’m completely baffled. I sincerely enjoy playing Guild Wars 2, but you can bet I am doing everything in my power to not have to deal with support at this point.

Good luck with your tickets everyone.

Posted by: ferinkmb.5690

ferinkmb.5690

Perhaps it’s because it’s Sunday, but no one has anything to say about this?

Posted by: passion.5481

passion.5481

I’m completely baffled. I sincerely enjoy playing Guild Wars 2, but you can bet I am doing everything in my power to not have to deal with support at this point.

Reasonable.

Hacked Account since 5th September
120905-004759
120905-008912 (prioritized)