Email Authentication keeps appearing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Sylanor.4205

Sylanor.4205

Hello,

Today it started, couldn’t log in and had to click a link in a email Anet sent me. Second time i logged in the same story, except authentication failed and then worked again. The message was

"
Failure

An error occurred with your request.
"

Am i at risk of losing my account? What if some system decides i can’t log in anymore? How could i even contact help without a account. So far i am once again authenticated, but i am nervously awaiting the moment i cannot log in anymore.

Can someone tell me what’s up? It says i am logging in from different IP addresses each time but that is not true, i never logged in from
anywhere other than my own PC.

Thanks.

P.S. I decided not to send a ticket, i have had previous experience of them totally missing the question and point of my ticket.

(edited by Sylanor.4205)

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

While you may wish to discuss this via the forums, and while I apologize if a previous ticket had a less-than-clear answer, if you want to discuss this we really need to review this with you personally via a ticket, because the issue that is causing you concern is related to your specific situation.

It sounds as if you’re ok, and that you were validating new addresses, which is as it should be. If you need help, please do write a ticket. And note: Your support account is not your game account, so if you have troubles, you’ll always be able to contact support!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Sylanor.4205

Sylanor.4205

Thanks Gaile. I forgot to mention that this time i clicked the option “Remember this address” So it’s possible that it won’t happen again, i was afraid for the worst that’s why i thought i’d better make sure this issue gets resolved before i cannot log in anymore. Forgot about the support account being separate, at least i know my account is safe now ! Thanks