Email validation is a laugh

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: jeremo.2491

jeremo.2491

So…why the heck can someone change your email account on guild wars, without you validating it through YOUR email account. My brother in laws account just had that happen to him. I find it very very interesting that something that large was overlooked….

Does anyone know the average turn-around to a hacked acount being restored?

(edited by jeremo.2491)

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

My account had the same issue and I agree its a huge joke how bad the security in this game is. It took about 10 days for me to get my account back.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

Posted by: QuietAmbition.1893

QuietAmbition.1893

My account had the same issue and I agree its a huge joke how bad the security in this game is. It took about 10 days for me to get my account back.

Well this doesn’t instil me with a great deal of hope or confidence.

jeremo.2491

Did you end up getting your items back etc? I’ve read that many people were just given a, well sorry but go ahead and start over type of email. I know if they do this, my brother-in-law will never play this game again, so i’m really hoping it doesn’t come to that.

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

I did not get any items back. All my items and gold was stripped. They won’t return your items. Its kind of messed up.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

jeremo.2491

The funny thing is that if they say they don’t store backups that’s a complete lie. I don’t know about you, but any successful network will have redundancy turned on so if a server goes down they have a backup. What it is, is that they have too much of a workload right now to track your items down. Or it’s too difficult to get the data out of the backups. Your items are stored on a server somewhere, they aren’t on your local machine. shrug

jeremo.2491

Got is account restored today, so took roughly under a day, so that’s one positive. But alas they wont restore any items. Totally sweet.

Posted by: Sorn.3450

Sorn.3450

Just got my account back after having it be hacked for a couple of weeks. On the plus side they levelled me up to 78, and got me better gear. :P

Hopefully the guy who hacked it sees this and see’s the finger I’m giving him.