Enabling Email Authentication

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Eparchos.2489

Eparchos.2489

Q:

Hi there, I think I skipped enabling Email authentication during launch, and I simply can NOT find a way to re-enable it. I know it isnt enabled because I just logged into my account from a friends house no problem. Support isnt being helpful at all, just sending me copy/paste answers or computer generated answers. Anyone here know how to re-enable it? I’d like to get that done as soon as possible…

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

A:

If you have searched the Knowledge Base, at support.guildwars2.com, and you find that the articles there do not help you, please feel free to submit a ticket and one of our support agents will give you a hand.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Eparchos.2489

i hope this isnt against forum policy… but bump?

Posted by: DABhand.2079

DABhand.2079

Yes it is against forum policy, but I don’t know how to re-enable it, maybe in your account settings? Maybe change to another email you have to see if it would re-enable for that one?

Eparchos.2489

yeah I’ve checked in all account settings, done searches on enabling it, done support tickets, literally everything I can find is how to shut it off when it is preventing you from logging in, nothing about turning it on because you WANT it on haha

Posted by: Shadamehr.1284

Shadamehr.1284

I would love to know this too, when I created my account the Email Authentication feature wasn’t available. Now I cant tell if it is enabled. Also, Authenticators, when ? Which forum should I ask that question in ? This game really needs them. They would profit both players, Arenanet and would cut out a lot of hacked account tickets.

Eparchos.2489

you’d think itd be in your account settings, just “Turn on” and “turn off” but whatevs, it should be worked out eventually

Posted by: Chongo.8367

Chongo.8367

I have the same exact issue. I’ve been dealing with the ticket I opened for a week now with copy paste automated responses. I verified my email address and after hearing of all the hacked accounts I made a new one with all new info etc. and changed my username to that. I have never had the email authentication active or working on my account but I want it there. I don’t want to get hacked like thousands of other people and lose everything since Anet says they have no way to restore lost items / characters, yet they say they can easily restore lost gems or items due to trading post issues.

Posted by: sdsakuragi.8170

sdsakuragi.8170

Well good to know I’m not the only one with this issue. I sent a ticket into support and was told this:
“The following article from the Knowledge Base should answer your question. The Knowledge Base contains the answers to many frequently asked questions and is a good resource for fast answers. The Knowledge Base can be accessed at http://us.ncsoft.com/us/support/.”
The link led me to a page that said: “This answer is no longer available.”
Searching for any entries for “Email Authentication” yields no results.

Update: My ticket has been referred up to a Senior Account Login Team Member. Hopefully they’ll be able to give me a solution I can share with you guys.

(edited by sdsakuragi.8170)

Posted by: Saraphim.1230

Saraphim.1230

All they needed to do was something along the same lines as Blizzard. When all the high profile database hacks happened (LinkedIn/Blizzard/PSN) I changed every email/pw combo I had.

This was the response I got when I requested an email change for battle.net:

Blizzard Entertainment has recently received a request to change the email address used to log in to your Battle.net Account. The email address xxxxxxxxxxxxx was specified as the new username for your Battle.net Account. In order to finalize and authorize the email address change, please click the Confirmation Link below. The update will NOT be completed unless you click that link.

Confirmation Link: xxxxx

If you no longer wish to make the above change, or if you did not initiate this request, please disregard and/or delete this e-mail. Please note that this link will expire in 7 days.

If you’re experiencing difficulties finalizing this request, please call our Blizzard Billing & Account Services.

Not hard to do, surely? Even bog standard blog installations can do this, why not a company that have made a huge amount of cash with prepurchases? A great many I would think who, if they wanted to link their old Guild Wars 1 accounts of many years standing (almost 7 years in my case), had to use an email account that the NCSoft Master Account never allowed to be changed.

Sure the option to change was supposed to work back in April, but for some reason it didn’t stick and now we have both emails in the system and someone else now has my hubby’s account.

The Hand of Omega [WHO]
Ring of Fire

Posted by: darien.1382

darien.1382

If you still have not been able to enable the E-mail Authentication, then here is how you do it.
1. Log in to you GW2 Account Manager and go to My Account.
2. Go to the Security option.
3. Click the Enable Authentication Email. and follow the steps.

Hope this answers your question.

Posted by: Sartori.1962

Sartori.1962

If you still have not been able to enable the E-mail Authentication, then here is how you do it.
1. Log in to you GW2 Account Manager and go to My Account.
2. Go to the Security option.
3. Click the Enable Authentication Email. and follow the steps.

Hope this answers your question.

I also have this issue and posted about it but it got merged into another thread and now no answer either… I know I didn’t enable the e-mail authentication but when I do as above theres just an option for the mobile app and down below it is just my recent log ip and time…There is no Enable Authentication Email

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

I have to 2nd this as I have exactly the same information under MY ACCOUNT > SECURITY

Big section for setting up and touting Mobile Authenticator and then a small Current Connection section at the bottom. Nothing on IP or Email Authentication or any other kind of security setup for that matter.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Gilosean.3805

Gilosean.3805

I’ve got the same thing. No way to turn on email authentication in the Security settings page.