EoTM PT Invite email.

EoTM PT Invite email.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Frayta.4816

Frayta.4816

So I received this email from edgeofthemists@arena.net

“Greetings, and thank you for your interest in joining the public testing of the new “Edge of the Mists” World Vs. World map!

After reviewing your submission, we feel that your guild and its members would be a great addition to our testing program! As part of this program, you will be joining hundreds of other passionate Guild Wars 2 players from around the world and have the unique opportunity to influence the development of both World vs. World and Guild Wars 2 through your feedback."

Etc etc…

It looks somewhat legitimate- the links do go back to the real website. My only issue is I don’t even think I finished that application submission for my guild to be in EoTM, and I have no idea which guild this particular invite is for (if its legitimate.) None of my other guild members seemed to know.

They sent me a roster to fill out for members to extend the invite out to, again looks somewhat legit, I’ve done enough beta testing in general to know what looks right and what is iffy.

So the question is, is this email legitimate- and which of my guilds was it for? So that I give the sort of testing base that was intended by this invitation.

EoTM PT Invite email.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Awhile back, some guilds were invited to test Edge of the Mists. If you are unsure about the email, or if you should and/or what information to provide, I would suggest contacting Customer Support. Top of Page – Support – Submit a Request. Good luck.

EoTM PT Invite email.

Posted by: Aenia Shadowforce.9148

Aenia Shadowforce.9148

Got exactly the same email, in similar time frames (5 hours ago). Im also a bit suuspicious (not sure if I finished my registration aswell) but I never got a single spam, so I dont know where the spam sender could get my e-mail.

EoTM PT Invite email.

Posted by: Kibbles.9813

Kibbles.9813

I too just fished an email like this out of my Gmail Spam folder, along with an attached Guild_Roster.xlsx file that can be opened in Google Docs. Can we get a word on whether these are legit or not? The return email is listed as edgeofthemists@arena.net, but the fact that they’re asking for account names (which is something explicitly stated as an identifier for phishing / scam emails) seems odd.

Kynn Snagtooth [TCFM] – Tarnished Coast

EoTM PT Invite email.

Posted by: Twyki.6019

Twyki.6019

got the same Email , also not sure if i completed the reg. for my Guild but i started it … same opion as you seem a bit fishy but also legit oO

EoTM PT Invite email.

Posted by: PeepMeDown.5017

PeepMeDown.5017

i got the same email. looks like a phishing scam to me.

EoTM PT Invite email.

Twyki.6019

did someone noticed the annotation in the Spreadsheet? its from Evan Teicheira .. QA Lead .. aawh.. so fishy and so legit please confirm Anet :/

EoTM PT Invite email.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Open the properties of the original email message and look at the internet header info. It will be obvious if the origin is being spoofed or not.

The fact that it is not trying to direct you to a website (or maybe it is and that is not evident) does lend legitimacy, but they could just be phishing for account names.

I would tend to think any invite would come through in-game mail (simply telling you that you have been selected and that the EotM is now available in the WvW drop down), not via this type of notification. Anet would KNOW who is in your Guild already.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

EoTM PT Invite email.

Twyki.6019

Open the properties of the original email message and look at the internet header info. It will be obvious if the origin is being spoofed or not.

The fact that it is not trying to direct you to a website (or maybe it is and that is not evident) does lend legitimacy, but they could just be phishing for account names.

I would tend to think any invite would come through in-game mail (simply telling you that you have been selected and that the EotM is now available in the WvW drop down), not via this type of notification. Anet would KNOW who is in your Guild already.

the spreadsheet looks quite legit even the arena.net domain is a Anet domain the only problem i got is that all other GW2 emails would be send from @guildwars2.com

the Registration for the Test was by a Survey trough surveymonkey.com so i could understand why the send email , futhermore when the have to send you login data to connect to the test servers..

EoTM PT Invite email.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

All the other legitimate invites to Edge of the Mists were by email to the accounts. Perhaps, this is the second round. You might try PMing Evan or Devon or one of the other Devs associated with WvW. Or try contacting CS.

EoTM PT Invite email.

Twyki.6019