Error: 42:1000:9001:4116 (& other issues)

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Hey, I did a look around, and though I found somebody mentioning a similar error code (42:0:9001:4116), I didn’t find anything that related directly to what I’m experiencing.

Over the past couple of days, I’ve been having incredible skill delay, rubberbanding & lag, particularly in WvW, as well as disconnects (error 7). Initially it was only WvW battling that was unplayable, but today the skill delay and disconnections kicked me out of a dungeon, too.

On trying to log back in, the error code 42:1000:9001:4116 prevented me from doing so twice. On my third attempt, I managed to get in, but experienced incredibly long loading screens (several minutes). I tested my skills, and the skill delay seemed to be fixed… but this did not last.

(Final note: even when experiencing the worst of the skill delay & lag etc, Chat seemed to not be affected too badly)

Some others in my dungeon instance, as well as in Lion’s Arch & WvW, reported similar problems. I initially put this down to the strain of large-scale battling in WvW, but when the problems popped up elsewhere, including non-demanding areas, I re-evaluated.

Is anyone going through anything similar? Can somebody tell me how to fix the skill delay & lag, & avoid the errors that prevented me from logging in?

Thanks!

Posted by: misosoup.5924

misosoup.5924

I’ve been having the same issues. Its really starting to get annoying, and it started about 7 days ago as well.

Posted by: rhamorim.5879

rhamorim.5879

Exact same issues here as well. Just got the error code 42:1000:9001:4116 now, but earlier today, I experienced the strangest lag – there was a >20 secs delay between activation and execution for skills, but chat was lag-free/normal. No problems on my end, since I could play other online games without any noticeable problems.

I hope this gets fixed soon.

Posted by: lhynnetek.7246

lhynnetek.7246

Ive been experiencing this error 42:1000:9001:4116 since 3 days but it got worse since this patch been having it from time to time just like this week or i can say since the last patch. What it causes is me not being able to join or invite anybody to my part group or if im in a group there are times that i dont see that im in a party and then after a while it will appear that im in a party on my left side of my screen that is also the time when my contacts appears online.. It also affects my Guild, it shows that I am alone, it’s like I’ve been the only member when I am 100% sure I am not. This also affects the guild chat which I am unable to use. also experiencing cant type on chatbox/or it causes delay before my chat appears and also experiencing skill lag delays specially when entering wvw and engaged on massive fighting..
As I’ve mentioned I had this problem from time to time, sometimes it comes back to normal sometimes it takes a little more have it back to normal. specially when I switch on my other characters or changing maps .I am sure it is not on my side…. Ive been playing guildwars 2 since beta and i dont have problems like this..My network connection is up and running stable and I am having no problem with anything else that requires constant connection. I dont even use router or a hub.

tried solution flush dns and now im advised to run game advisor

I hope you will pay attention on this coz theres is no instant solution on this error as i tried to browse for the same error code.

Posted by: geekitup.1258

geekitup.1258

I have been getting the same error code. Mine happens when I log in, and aprox 2-3 minutes after logging in I get this message:
The game client is unable to gain access to the login server at this time. This is most commonly caused by firewall or router settings, security applications, or connecting through a campus network. For additional support, please visit http://support.guildwars2.com. (Code=42:1000:90001:4116:101)

I have been using the same internet, at the same location since I started playing guild wars 2 when it was first released. I am using my internet and not a campus network. I have not added or changed security or firewall settings on my computer. I even double checked to make sure nothing accidentally may have been changed. I have no idea what is going on, but it is annoying.

Attachments:

(edited by geekitup.1258)

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I’ve been having the same trouble – same message as you have posted about, but my screen always goes white when the error message pops up. The problem seemed to start after the May 17th update. I’ve noticed quite a few similar threads have appeared on the forum since then so at least I know it’s not just my computer.

It’s making WvW almost impossible to enjoy because the disconnects are too frequent to complete a major siege or anything. It’s also closed down about 4 times while I’ve been doing jumping puzzles.

Also, I’ve noticed that the error reporting box (the white one, not the in-game bug menu) doesn’t appear after the game has crashed.

I hope someone can fix this problem soon.

Posted by: Mangoes.5163

Mangoes.5163

Just wanted to say I am having exactly the same issue.