Error 7:11:3:189:101

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: erinevenight.5297

erinevenight.5297

Ok, today when I tried playing gw2 it was being really slow and wouldn’t log in giving me the 7:11:3:189:101 error. It just started doing it today. It’s been fine before. My internet connection is perfect.
Also, I tried deleting the application support folder, and its not there. My game wont run hardly at all, because its so laggy and can’t do anything. So Im not sure what to do. I’ve spent about 2 hours trying to find a solution online but nothing is coming up. Please help.

Posted by: Kyllaa.1385

Kyllaa.1385

I also get this error a lot. It doesn’t happen as often lately, but when it does it’s completely random. 80% of the time I receive this error, it is usually because I unplugged my power cable from my MBP and/or because I plugged it back in. (yep, unplug=disconnect, I reconnect while unplugged, it’s okay, then plug back in when I can=disconnect again) so it’s not consistent as to why this happens. Other times, it will be for no reason at all. I stand idle for about 1 min to reply to a text or look something up online, then I go to move and bam, disconnected.

I cannot confirm that this is my modem/router as my computer is the only one losing connectivity and I don’t have any problems with my airport, so not too sure either.

Kyllaa.1385

Erin, just wondering if you found a solution to your problem. I found mine, it was my wireless router and I now have minimal issues. If you ever get back here, let me know how you made out.

Posted by: Biddeford.2013

Biddeford.2013

What on your wireless router did you do to fix the problem? I keep getting this error too.

Kyllaa.1385

I have 2 depending on the severity of our issue.

For constant disconnects with code 7:

My router is dualband 5ghz/2.4ghz and my MBP wireless card was dropping the 5ghz for the 2.4 ghz when the signal would degrade for “best performance.” (then back to 5 when it resolved) My fix was to login to it and give each band a unique SSID and make sure my computer only had the password to the one that gave me desired results. (remember, 2.4 ghz has staying power for larger homes or places where there are walls or obstacles between the comp and router, 5ghz degrades the signal easier but is likely to have less cross-interference)

For lagginess and stuttering:

My 2nd fix to ensure better quality of connection and speed (because my router always seemed to take bandwidth from my comp if any other comp on my network was drawing bandwidth) was to enable QoS on the router and give higher priority to the ports listed in this link:

https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994/~error-codes

Follow for code 7.×. It says use port forwarding, but I have 3 comps running gw2 on my network, so I chose QoS. Not all routers have QoS, so it’s your call. Port forwarding requires your router to use static ip addresses.

I hope this helps you, let me know!