Error logging in and changing zones. Losing silver - diags attached

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

Q:

Hi. I’m getting Error 5:11:3:157:101 every time I attempt to change zones.

Then, when I try to log back in, I get another error. 58:11:5:504.

Occasionally, it WILL let me log in, but gives the same error on character select or when changing zones again.

To add insult to injury, I’m LOSING SILVER when I waypoint to a new zone. The game has an error, logs me out, does not transfer me, but does take my waypoint cost. I estimate I’ve lost about 5 or 6 silver so far doing this.

I ran the game with the -diag flag enabled and attached the output – edited out my mac address. Please let me know if you need the full log.

Attachments:

(edited by coro.3176)

coro.3176

STILL getting these errors. I get logged out and can’t log back in.

Also, in spvp – getting code 19:9:19:1786:101

coro.3176

DISCONNECTED AGAIN. This is really annoying and is preventing me from playing the game.

coro.3176

Still happening > 75% of the time I change zones or load the game. This is a load of kittens. That is all.

Posted by: NerdinaBox.5830

NerdinaBox.5830

Use too happen too me as well. Sadly, I cannot remember how I got around the problem. Sorry. Hope someone has a solution for you soon, or you find it out for yourself. Good Luck.

Posted by: Wintercypher.7841

Wintercypher.7841

If only Guild Wars 2 thought to explain the error code messages….Wait a sec! They did!

Error Code 58 x x x x
(example – 58:11:2:1064:101)

“The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server. Please restart your client and try again. If the problem persists, contact Customer Support for assistance at http://support.guildwars2.com.”

If restarting the client does not resolve the issue, please follow the direction below to create a new shortcut:

Navigate to your Guild Wars 2 folder.
Right-click on the file GW2.exe and select Create Shortcut.
Right-click the file Gw2.exe – Shortcut and select Rename.
Rename this file to Guild Wars 2 NewAuth.
Right-click on the file Guild Wars 2 NewAuth and select Properties
Locate the Target line and add the following:
For NA players, add: “-authsrv 64.25.38.54” (no quotes)
For EU players, add: “-authsrv 206.127.159.107” (no quotes)
Your target line will look something like this: C:\Games\GW2\Gw2.exe -authsrv xx.xx.xxx.xx
Click Ok to save your changes.

Once completed, double click Guild Wars 2 NewAuth to start connecting to the server. Should you continue to experience error 58, you may need to configure your router for port forwarding.

Guild Wars 2 requires TCP ports 80, 443, 6112 and port 6600 be fully unrestricted and accessible, both inbound and outbound. For further information about opening ports or port forwarding, you can visit the following website: http://www.portforward.com Please note, this site is not affiliated with or supported by NCsoft or ArenaNet.

If you are connecting to Guild Wars 2 while on a campus, military, or business network, please check with your network’s administrator to verify that these ports are fully opened and unrestricted. If you are on a home Local Area Network (LAN), you will want to make sure that your network’s hardware is properly configured.

http://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8994/session/L3RpbWUvMTM0ODM3MzIzOC9zaWQvU2RCLWJYNmw%3D

coro.3176

I tried all of those things when this started happening. None of them work. My configuration has not changed. No ports are blocked.

Everything was fine until the outage on Friday night.

I just got disconnected again while going from WvW to Heart of the Mists