Excessive Patch Size

Excessive Patch Size

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

The current patch is on 272MB and counting for me. I’ve heard other people only needed 140MB. Why do I have to download so much more than everyone else? My internet connection is very poor and I don’t understand why I have to sit through downloads two or three times bigger than other people! What can I do to get the game to stop downloading whatever superfluous crap it’s downloading every single patch?

Excessive Patch Size

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Do you use English language settings?

It could also have issues downloading (or writing) certain files which requires it to download them again.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Excessive Patch Size

Strill.2591

Do you use English language settings?

It could also have issues downloading (or writing) certain files which requires it to download them again.

Yes, I have my computer set to English, but I also have East-asian fonts, as well as the Japanese IME installed.

Excessive Patch Size

lordkrall.7241

I was thinking more about the game client. If you have that set to anything other than English it will have to download specific files for the language you have selected.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Excessive Patch Size

Strill.2591

I was thinking more about the game client. If you have that set to anything other than English it will have to download specific files for the language you have selected.

I’ve never touched the game client language settings. How do I remove whatever settings are causing this?

Excessive Patch Size

lordkrall.7241

If you have not changed anything it should be fine. It won’t change the options on its own.

It sounds more like the second part of my original post then.
Files either fails to download or write correctly, which you can’t really do all that much about.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Excessive Patch Size

Strill.2591

It sounds more like the second part of my original post then.
Files either fails to download or write correctly, which you can’t really do all that much about.

That’s completely unreasonable. I don’t have this problem in any other programs.

Excessive Patch Size

lordkrall.7241

It is not especially unreasonable. It is either that, or being unable to start up the game or miss stuff due to them being corrupted.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Excessive Patch Size

Strill.2591

It is not especially unreasonable. It is either that, or being unable to start up the game or miss stuff due to them being corrupted.

I mean that conclusion is unreasonable because this problem doesn’t exist anywhere else.

Excessive Patch Size

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

It could be that you have corrupted files that the game’s patcher found and is repairing. Could be that you actually do have a setting difference that requires more files. Could be that you might have missed a mini patch and it’s really two patches in one.

Unless the two machines are EXACTLY the same (including any errors on the HD), it’s quite possible an install be slightly different. Can’t really compare based “just want you found on the internet”

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Excessive Patch Size

Strill.2591

Update: The patch took 820MB.

It could be that you have corrupted files that the game’s patcher found and is repairing. Could be that you actually do have a setting difference that requires more files. Could be that you might have missed a mini patch and it’s really two patches in one.

I was playing just yesterday. If I was missing files, how would I have been able to play?

Unless the two machines are EXACTLY the same (including any errors on the HD), it’s quite possible an install be slightly different. Can’t really compare based “just want you found on the internet”

You’re telling me that it’s just a coincidence that my download was almost six times bigger than someone else’s?

(edited by Strill.2591)