Experiencing bad FPS on new computer

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: AESOkami.1072

AESOkami.1072

This has been really bothering me for a while now.

Less than a month ago, my dad and I built a new computer and had Windows 10 installed on it. But when I had my old computer with Windows Vista installed, the game’s FPS ran perfectly. And when I run GW2 on this computer, not only are the loading screens longer, but I also get so much lag to the point that I can’t do world bosses or guild missions anymore because I get less than 15 FPS.

The worst part is that I don’t know what’s wrong with it or how to fix it. I thought at first that the video driver might be the problem, but Dad says that it’s up to date and I might have to get a new video card for the problem to be fixed.

So, fellow Guild Wars 2 players, if you know what my problem is and how to fix it, PLEASE let me know. I want to be rid of this laggy FPS at least before HoT beta weekend starts up. If you need extra information from me if you’re confused, I’ll tell you.
Thanks for reading and I hope I can get help soon.

The Elder Dragons could’ve been great if they weren’t victims of piss poor writing.

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

Specs would be helpful.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Make sure your GPU runs @x16 .. post a picture like this one for diagnostic reasons :

Delete / rename of your local.dat file sometimes also helps.

Attachments:

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.