Extreme lag

Extreme lag

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: codesherwin.9346

codesherwin.9346

Started for me 2 days ago. Average ping of 100-200+ms with intermittent spikes of 2000+ms ping.

NA. East Coast. Verizon FIOS. Will update with a trace later today.

Extreme lag

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Started for me 2 days ago. Average ping of 100-200+ms with intermittent spikes of 2000+ms ping.

NA. East Coast. Verizon FIOS. Will update with a trace later today.

It may be helpful to get a trace when you’re at average ping and when you spike to 2000. Just for comparison’s sake.

Extreme lag

Posted by: Valthan.9127

Valthan.9127

Even EU has these problems.
Terrible lag inside heart of the mists, pvp matches, etc.
Ping between 80 (best result) and up to 1000+ (2685 worst result ingame)
Sometimes it is so bad the option menu shows a ping of 0.
I think their servers can’t handle all the new players.
It’s time to take Gw2 and Wildstar and put them on different servers, because i believe these games share the servers. Either that or the illuminati are involved

sincerely
a very frustated gamer

Extreme lag

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

It jumped from 12 to 130 at that spot, but 130 isn’t that bad either. Nothing really shows an issue. Worst case, hop 7 is the problem, since everything after it isn’t too far off from the 130 that occurs.

Actually no, that’s quite the standard for my country. In game I get a ping from 170 to 190, which is fine. However above 200 starts to get troublesome.

The problem isn’t that but the lack of response on some of anet’s IP. Will notice some have total loss of package.

When you see the 100% loss, that means the servers don’t accept ping requests. It’s protection set up on them. That is all.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Extreme lag

Posted by: Twiceasnice.7961

Twiceasnice.7961

Has there been any solutions found to this yet?

Extreme lag

Posted by: Draconian.8096

Draconian.8096

Same issue. My avg. ping is like 300 and frequently spikes well above 1,000. I am not having connectivity issues anywhere else except for this game. I run a speedtest on my connection and it says my ping is 30.

Getting frustrated, especially since I just pre-purchased the ultimate version of Heart of Thorns.

Extreme lag

Posted by: MohannadX.9047

MohannadX.9047

Its been horrible. I opened a ticket and all what am getting is “uninstall anti-virus, disable firewall, remove this, do that” all except to be honest and tell me they are facing technical issues and that they are working on it. I’ve been playing the game since they launched it and never ever faced any issues except after the F2P. but yesterday night I noticed some improvement so I hope the problem have been solved.

Extreme lag

Posted by: Elfo Bianco.3786

Elfo Bianco.3786

yesterday night I noticed some improvement so I hope the problem have been solved.

same here.

Extreme lag

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

You guys claiming the fault is ANet’s: have you sent ANet traceroutes when you notice the bad lag? Or even done one yourselves?

The step that’s causing the lag could be 2 or 3 away from ANet and still affect a large number of players and not be something that ANet can fix themselves.

Extreme lag

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Was playable for me today. Even ran a fractal without issue. Nothing on my side changed. So yeah, where ever it was, I hope it stays fixed.

Extreme lag

Posted by: MAGpie.7962

MAGpie.7962

Well… was fun while it lasted. Back to an average ping of 900

Extreme lag

Posted by: Fazor.2541

Fazor.2541

Anyone else suffering from lag spikes that sometimes results in DC?
I have been having this problem for over a week now (started around Sep 1)

Extreme lag

Posted by: Anapxist.5314

Anapxist.5314

I have, and my friend have. And yes its start near September. And i have no problem pinging google.com at this time, and even pinging other game servers in Canada.

Extreme lag

Posted by: Reaper.6253

Reaper.6253

Same problem here!! (EU)

PvP is unplayable at the moment.

I’ve noticed the lags since last beta.