Extremely Slow Download

Extremely Slow Download

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Neokolzia.5680

Neokolzia.5680

The client is averaging about 3kb/s right now, have tried to restart client a few times now to no Avail. Last comment reguarding the speed was 6 hours ago, so I’m wondering if its back recently and servers are overloaded or what? I’ve never had a issue downloading from Gw2’s servers before.

My Connection is 25Mbit, and theres no issues with the connection

Extremely Slow Download

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

Same here, it happened to me a long time ago too. I had to just wait a while and try again later. Internet connection is fine, maybe their download server is dying,

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

Extremely Slow Download

Posted by: Fermi.2409

Fermi.2409

I just patched it without issues on a 95 mbps connection.

HAF 912 | i7-3770k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI GTX 1070 GAMING 8GB | Gigabyte Z77X-D3H
EGVA SuperNOVA B2 750W | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | Acer XG270HU | Win 10×64
MX Brown Quickfire XT | Commander Shaussman [AGNY]- Fort Aspenwood

Extremely Slow Download

Posted by: Neokolzia.5680

Neokolzia.5680

Still having issues, at the point going to backup .dat file and try to reinstall

Extremely Slow Download

Posted by: Myrmidal.7852

Myrmidal.7852

From what I can tell this issue is really inconsistent on who it effects, I started the patcher, noticed how ungodly slow it was. Assumed DL server issues, my friend starts up DL after me, bam done just as fast as normal. I tested my speed by dling something else, got up over a mbs so its not my personal speed, nor does it seem to be purely DL server side. Sadly I don’t think this issue will get any attention till post WvW fix =P.

Extremely Slow Download

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

Just an update, I can download fine now. Just waited.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

Extremely Slow Download

Posted by: Peep.5801

Peep.5801

i found that if I lowered my CPU clock speed (i had it overclocked) back to the original and I restarted my computer it worked completely fine.