Extremely low fps

Extremely low fps

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Amoledkill.7824

Amoledkill.7824

Hello everyone,

As the gamer I am, I bought Guild Wars 2 yesterday. But as soon as it was installed, I noticed the game was having input lag issues on my computer. This even happens in the launch pad of the game.

Once I start the game, I noticed the fps of my computer was extremely low. And with ‘extremely’, I really mean extremely low. I had 1(!) fps…. I immediately noticed there was something wrong here, so I restarted the game. But the fps didn’t improve untill today. I now have a total of 5 fps……

This extremely low fps makes it almost impossible for me to properly play the game. It doesn’t increase no matter what settings I use. And I’m pretty sure there is nothing wrong with my computer, since it’s capable of running the game ‘Crysis’ without any issues.

Also, I don’t exacly know the specs of my computer, and I’ve got no idea where to find them (give me a break, I’m only 16 and not a computer genius). But given the fact that it can run games such as Crysis and Mass Effect 2 should be enough reasons to believe my computer should be able to properly run Guild Wars 2.

Any help to increase my fps would be very much appreciated! Because this game is unplayable with a fps of 5 >.<

Cheers

Amoledkill

Extremely low fps

Posted by: Swordbreaker.2581

Swordbreaker.2581

What are the specs of your computer?

Asrock X79 Extreme4 mobo / I7 3930k @ 4.7ghz / 16gb Kingston HyperX 1600mhz
/ 2x XFX R9 290x in Crossfire

Extremely low fps

Posted by: KrgWOW.9126

KrgWOW.9126

wtf?
and why her specs matter?
obvious something wrong with GW 2, nothing to do about
a lot of people have the same problem

Extremely low fps

KrgWOW.9126

@Amoledkill

wait for some other guys say its normal because its an MMO GAME and the game just release/best launcher ever

Extremely low fps

Posted by: Bob Stonefoot.1680

Bob Stonefoot.1680

only thing you can do now is wait, make sure everything is up to date and hope for the best

Extremely low fps

Swordbreaker.2581

wtf?

Lol. Because specs do matter. If they are having problems running the game because they are on a pentium 2 with a voodoo xtreme graphics card then do specs matter or is it just the game that sucks?

Honestly I can’t tell if responses like this are troll attempts or if you are in fact genuinelykitten

(edited by Swordbreaker.2581)

Extremely low fps

Amoledkill.7824

So it seems I’m not the only one with this problem. I’ll update the OP as soon as my dad (sounds very kiddy-like lmao) gets home. He’ll know where to find my system specs. But I did manage to find the specs of my processor

Processor: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo CPU E6850 @ 3.00 GHz

This is the only thing I can tell of my specs thus far…

@ KrgWOW,

I’m not a female…. lmao

Extremely low fps

KrgWOW.9126

wtf?

Lol. Because specs do matter. If they are having problems running the game because they are on a pentium 2 with a voodoo xtreme graphics card then do specs matter or is it just the game that sucks?

“…But given the fact that it can run games such as Crysis and Mass Effect 2 should be enough reasons to believe my computer should be able to properly run Guild Wars 2.”

For me, he is absolutely right
Guild Wars 2 just sucks at optimization
bla bla bla, its a MMO
Tera Online have better graphics than Guild Wars 2 and its much more smoothly

Extremely low fps

KrgWOW.9126

So it seems I’m not the only one with this problem. I’ll update the OP as soon as my dad (sounds very kiddy-like lmao) gets home. He’ll know where to find my system specs. But I did manage to find the specs of my processor

@ KrgWOW,

I’m not a female…. lmao

english its not my first language, sorry

Extremely low fps

Amoledkill.7824

@ KrgWOW,

I’m not a female…. lmao

english its not my first language, sorry

No worries. Neither am I :P

Extremely low fps

Posted by: Noctura.3908

Noctura.3908

It’s the game. All we can do is wait to see if they fix it. If you didn’t check what was required to run the game that’s a different story, but right now there is an issue with the game and low fps. There is a pretty active thread up to 20 pages now about this. Wasn’t sure if you saw it yet:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Low-FPS-merged/first

If you meet the requirements, I don’t think there is anything you can do. I have spent 2 days testing everything on my computer, reinstalling windows, and a lot more. Nothing helps.

Extremely low fps

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

wtf?

“…But given the fact that it can run games such as Crysis and Mass Effect 2 should be enough reasons to believe my computer should be able to properly run Guild Wars 2.”

For me, he is absolutely right
Guild Wars 2 just sucks at optimization
bla bla bla, its a MMO
Tera Online have better graphics than Guild Wars 2 and its much more smoothly

Tera online wasnt smooth at start,had alot of optimization problems,you would know if youve followed the forums.Its based on the U3 engine,thats been optimized to death and been used dozens and dozens of times in alot of games,so developers have clear understanding how to optimze the engine to the bone.You want to compare an engine like that with the gw2 engine ? And in all honesty,you cant say i run mass effect and cryisis so i can also run this game,its an unrealistic and dumb thing to say.

Extremely low fps

Swordbreaker.2581

Crysis and Mass Effect are gpu intensive games. God I feel like a broken record.

Extremely low fps

Amoledkill.7824

It’s the game. All we can do is wait to see if they fix it. If you didn’t check what was required to run the game that’s a different story, but right now there is an issue with the game and low fps. There is a pretty active thread up to 20 pages now about this. Wasn’t sure if you saw it yet:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Low-FPS-merged/first

If you meet the requirements, I don’t think there is anything you can do. I have spent 2 days testing everything on my computer, reinstalling windows, and a lot more. Nothing helps.

I did notice the thread, but haven’t read through it yet since I’m only active on these forums for about 20 minutes now lol.

Are you also experiencing an fps of <10? Cause that’s what I’m having :s

Extremely low fps

Posted by: GalaxyRed.5032

GalaxyRed.5032

Okay then, how about saying that you can run Star Wars: The Old Republic on medium to high settings just fine, but GW2 (which is actually using a “modified GW1 engine”, not something completely new) doesn’t run fine, even on low settings? Because that’s how my experience has been.

Extremely low fps

Amoledkill.7824

And in all honesty,you cant say i run mass effect and cryisis so i can also run this game,its an unrealistic and dumb thing to say.

I was only using this comparison to give others an idea of what my computer is capable of, since I can’t give you my specs yet.

Extremely low fps

Posted by: Noctura.3908

Noctura.3908

@Amoledkill -

I am getting 15 fps standing still. When I move it goes down to 1-5 fps and jumps around between those. I was playing the game flawlessly since around launch until they did the maint with the billing issue. I am starting to think that it is related to the marketplace. I heard it was down, logged in to test, got 50 fps for a few minutes, and then it died again and went back to the low fps. Changing graphic options has no effect on fps at all.

I have been trying everything I can find to fix it… I’m pretty sure this is on their end.