Extremely sensitive camera turn speed

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Ceeps.3185

Ceeps.3185

Not sure if anyone else ran into this, but since the recent patch it seems like when I right click and move the mouse, the camera rotation speed is extremely sensitive. The setting in option is at it’s minimum, and I’ve tried messing with windows and razer settings, but I can’t really fix it without making the normal cursor movement extremely slow.

Havn’t played much recently, but I don’t think I’ve made any big changes to my system. Upgraded to windows 10 but was playing fine / didn’t notice anything a week or two ago.

Ceeps
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Have you tried updating your drivers for your mouse (if it isn’t a plain jane one). Sometimes some mouse drivers like to have moments of acting strange with games.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

Posted by: Ceeps.3185

Ceeps.3185

Yep. Also just tried reinstalling them, and testing once when it was just the plug and play version of the drivers. Still extremely sensitive.

Edit: I found this registry mouse fix that I in no way know is safe, so I downloaded it. It claims that some old games (and likely gw2 when right-clicking) enables mouse acceleration. This modifies windows so that it’s a 1:1 (no acceleration) thing.

So for me at least, I’ve solved my problem. I hope that if anyone else encounters this, they can find this post.

Ceeps
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Ceeps.3185)