Eyefinity HUD and UI issues...

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Deven.1950

Deven.1950

I was just wondering if you guys were able to fix the problems surrounding eyefinity for AMD. I’m not exactly sure what hardware my computer uses due to the fact that I’m not that tech savvy, but I’m having lots of issues with 3 monitors.

I’ve tried adjusting it to the highest resolution possible and adjusting the various settings. However, no matter how hard I try I can’t seem to get things like the Action Bar, MiniMap, Chatbox, etc.. over on the center screen. Instead I always have to look over on the left hand side and that’s getting kind of frustrating.

Posted by: Kaytoz.1085

Kaytoz.1085

I am going through the same issues , I hope they resolve this soon~!

Posted by: Archemist.4362

Archemist.4362

+1 I’m having the same issue on a radeon HD 6870. It use to be in the center around the halloween update last year. A recent update has stuffed it up!

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

Recently, after much haranguing from Eyefinity users, the problems with the displaced graphics and such when Eyefinity was used where fixed. Search the forums from the first forum page for eyefinity and you will find quite a few posts regarding this!

[Removed an edit that previously did not show up!]

I hope this may help to sort at least some of the issues discussed in this thread.

An easy way to see if your hardware is ATI/Nvidia or whatever graphics ways is to open ‘device manager’ and click on ‘display adapters’ then look to see what is listed. To do this in windows 8 press the windows key + ‘x’ then choose ‘device manager’. In previous versions of windows, you should be able to easily find your way to the ‘device manager’ – you may have to go through ‘control panel’ from your start menu. The web is your friend for further instruction if needed.

An alternative to find out your hardware is to right click an empty space on your desktop and see if there is a propriety program from the graphics hardware manufacturer installed – for AMD / ATI it would likely be ‘AMD VISION Engine Control Center’ or ‘Catalyst Control Center’. I’m unsure of the Nvidia program having not used it in some time.

If you are using eyefinity, there is a possible reason for the misplaced UI elements and such. Maybe you have not set up the graphics as eyefinity! It is possible that you have your graphics set up as one large desktop extended from one of the monitors to the other two. This IS NOT eyefinity! To get eyefinity you must set up an eyefinity display group through ‘Engine’ or ‘Catalyst’ ‘Control Center’.

Personally, I have three ‘presets’ set up in ‘Engine Control Center’ : ‘BA Eyefinity’ is eyefinity mode (3×1) that is ‘bevel adjusted’ : ‘Center Extended Left & Right’ : ‘Center Only’. This way, I can switch between the presets depending on how I am using the PC.

For good information, the manufacturers site is easily accessed: http://www.amd.com/us/products/technologies/amd-eyefinity-technology/Pages/eyefinity.aspx is the main page for further access.

The other thing to keep in mind is that you should, usually and where possible, use the latest / current device driver as supplied by the manufacturer (whichever brand you use always get the drivers from ATI / Nvidia or whichever manufacturer rather than the brand supplier). There may be Beta drivers available but most folk are better sticking to the current drivers!

For the record; my video card is an aging 2GB AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5850 (5800 Series). I play GW2 with my main PC no problems in eyefinity mode since the recent ‘fix’ – though the FPS can be a little low in some game areas. I previously tried a third party ‘fix’ before the recent update but dropped it as it may have not been allowed by ANet T&C / User Agreement.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!

(edited by UKNightWatch.5742)

Posted by: UKNightWatch.5742

UKNightWatch.5742

Hallo again,

The forums seem to be messed up and not accepting my edits! I wanted to add;

I am not trying to make things more complex for those of us not as tech savvy as others. My previous post may have seemed a little harsh but it was meant to simply try to help and give suggestions. I do recommend the use of the manufacturer web sites – whichever manufacturer makes your graphic card(s).

Good luck all.

No rig in my sig? Only posted if needed!