fps drop with patch

fps drop with patch

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I was really hoping they would have this fix out for the weekend. It’s sad that we have to wait another 4 days before it’s even possible to get the update.

I really wish there was some way the Guild Wars 2 Mac community could show ArenaNet that we are committed to them if they will work WITH us. Plus we can pressure Transgaming to put out a 64bit Cider almost all Intel Mac’s I know of are 64 bit why in the heck are we still running a 32 bit wrapper from Transgaming,and why aren’t they all over the OGL update it’s not like Apple just sprung it on them the other day and said Oh by the way here’s a bunch of new OGL stuff weeee.

~Pants Heavily~

There’s my rant for tonight

Because they’re the only service like this that caters to companies looking to easily bring their game to mac. Moving to 64bit would require them to do work – right now they know they can leave things how they are and not lose a single cent for it – because they’re the only place a company can go unless they’re willing to create their own native OS X client. SO pretty much – transgaming = corporate greed, both Anet and their customers kind of lose out.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Kamikae.9536

Kamikae.9536

[./quote]
Because they’re the only service like this that caters to companies looking to easily bring their game to mac. Moving to 64bit would require them to do work – right now they know they can leave things how they are and not lose a single cent for it – because they’re the only place a company can go unless they’re willing to create their own native OS X client. SO pretty much – transgaming = corporate greed, both Anet and their customers kind of lose out.[/quote]

I understand but it’s still dumb it seems there’s nowhere we can look for support. Unless we get Apple to wave their magic wand and provide a build in Cider Wrapper or one for purchase. Or put something in OSX that forces transgaming to upgrade their software. I know it’s unlikely but software monopolies kitten me off. All any of this does is strengthen Microsoft’s iron grip on gaming, but my computer is for so much more than just that.

I would be willing to start a “Gem Store Purchase Pledge” where we commit to buy $x in gems and post receipts as proof, and request action from Anet

rMBP 15-inch, Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Feydiir.2609

Feydiir.2609

The other thing to note here is Transgaming/CIDER is somewhat dependant on the work of the open source WINE team’s work (CIDER is a commercially forked version that Transgaming has enhanced and tweaked) .. also the licensing deal that transgaming has with game companies is interesting in that (if I recall correctly) they don’t take an upfront fee but instead get a cut of all product sales. {you can go google for it to read the particulars as I recall its a little different than what you would expect} .. so there are various technical and legal complications to being able to bring a “pure 64bit” CIDER wrapper if it was even possible (which I don’t think would really help in this specific situation).. CIDER/WINE is a clean-room reversed engineered implementation of the MS Windows API calls .. many of which are not documented/buggy so it takes time to reverse engineer them and have them work as expected (yes even the buggy api’s have to be reimplemented in CIDER/WINE with the bugs working the same way as native windows) .. and Microsoft certainly is not going to provide that information.

Late 2012 iMac – 3.4 GHz i7 – 16 GB – GeForce GTX 680MX 2GB – OSX 10.11

fps drop with patch

Feydiir.2609

I was really hoping they would have this fix out for the weekend. It’s sad that we have to wait another 4 days before it’s even possible to get the update.

As do I .. and yes I wholly agree its going to take 4 days {thats almost an insult really}

fps drop with patch

Posted by: ananda.5946

ananda.5946

I think that was code for, “It’s a good thing because it reduces the cost of having a Mac port to the point where the client can exist.” not, “Our programmers are gods who can code the entire game in FORTRAN in their sleep. Mwahahahaha. Even now they are reprogramming the Matrix!”

I’ll take what I can get, but I hope some lessons were learned to avoid such game breaking bugs from hitting us again even if we continue with this type of “beta”.

If I may make an analogy…

My husband and I both have razer naga mice. I am left-handed and he is right-handed. Last summer, Razer released their naga for left-handed users. For that, I was very happy. However, once I paid for the mouse (same price as the right-handed model), I expected it to work just as well as the right-handed model. I would not be grateful just to have it if it was constantly performing at a subpar level and occasionally failing to work all together. Even if it were free, I would not be happy with it if it performed like that.

With GW2, we all knew it was a wrapper when we bought it, but we expected an optimised, fully supported wrapper product. That is not what we got. The lack of a mac team and, if the assessments of this transgaming are near accurate, explains a lot.

If, as they keep saying, the mac market is important to them, I hope to see strong improvements in the future. A game client should be transparent and the only thing we should think about is the game experience itself.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: mcero.7045

mcero.7045

Have not been able to play for almost a week now due to post-patch fps. And now the long weekend is here. Not cool Anet

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

We should not have paid for the game if we are beta testers. I want a refund.

You paid for an access to a GW2 account. If you are not interested in “beta-testing” on Mac, you can dowload the Windows client for free.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Valenar.8920

Valenar.8920

We should not have paid for the game if we are beta testers. I want a refund.

You paid for an access to a GW2 account. If you are not interested in “beta-testing” on Mac, you can dowload the Windows client for free.

The Mac client is in perpetual never-ending beta.

I can’t believe somebody had the gall to say “you just paid for access to the game; actually playing it: that’s your fault”.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Kioshi.6597

Kioshi.6597

I feel like this issue must be VEEERY hard to fix, else 2 weeks is too long…

(and please Anet don’t think people are just mindlessly complaining on the mac forums. You must see that there is legit reasoning behind it. “We really care very much” says little when actions speak so clearly)

(edited by Kioshi.6597)

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Endur.1378

Endur.1378

Please anet, fix this. I changed my dns-servers according to the advice from a user (!) here, but as I thought, no changes on the fps… worked very well here on a new mbp and still on a new mba with lowest graphics quality before… now, there’s nothing more than smallscale. It’s getting kind of a shame how you treat your mac-community. It really seems that there’s no QA for the client, it seems like it’s kinda this out there:

(The following scene may be exaggerated…o.O)

productmanager to mac-qa: “hey, this is the new update! Play it on your new Mac Pro for 5 minutes and tell me if you can log in and see something”

mac-qa: “yeh, here you go. I logged in and it worked all fine. But…”

productmanager to mac-qa: “kthxbye.”

productmanager to rest: “release it into the wild! yay! new content!”

sorry, but after months of continuous problems, this is just sort of unprofessionall and should be communicated openly.

Best regards from a software engineer who hopes your QA gets better, because you’re able to destroy a game (or lets say: the userbase of a game, which is somewhat the same in terms of mmos) with great potential with this kind of homemade problems. It’s not that hard to think such things through, at least it shouldn’t be for people who get paid that amounts..

p.s: but after closing the forums and so on… please, if you don’t like guildwars in guildwars (or lets say: if you dont like your wvw-mode anymore)… then just communicate this. The people will search another game. Nothings more enerving for a community than a publisher not taking care of it’s game (or parts of it) because internally they drew the curtain over the game(mode) long ago.

(edited by Endur.1378)

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

I think that was code for, “It’s a good thing because it reduces the cost of having a Mac port to the point where the client can exist.” not, “Our programmers are gods who can code the entire game in FORTRAN in their sleep. Mwahahahaha. Even now they are reprogramming the Matrix!”

I’ll take what I can get, but I hope some lessons were learned to avoid such game breaking bugs from hitting us again even if we continue with this type of “beta”.

If I may make an analogy…

My husband and I both have razer naga mice. I am left-handed and he is right-handed. Last summer, Razer released their naga for left-handed users. For that, I was very happy. However, once I paid for the mouse (same price as the right-handed model), I expected it to work just as well as the right-handed model. I would not be grateful just to have it if it was constantly performing at a subpar level and occasionally failing to work all together. Even if it were free, I would not be happy with it if it performed like that.

With GW2, we all knew it was a wrapper when we bought it, but we expected an optimised, fully supported wrapper product. That is not what we got. The lack of a mac team and, if the assessments of this transgaming are near accurate, explains a lot.

If, as they keep saying, the mac market is important to them, I hope to see strong improvements in the future. A game client should be transparent and the only thing we should think about is the game experience itself.

I’m not apologizing for Anet (seriously, look at my post history). But I’m trying to frame this in the right light so we have an an effective relationship with Anet.

Anet, for whatever reason whether it was being extremely optimistic or not understanding the mac gaming market, publicly released a very slap dash cider port that looks like it was a skunkworks project done by one developer in his free time.

We took this to mean there would be some sort of improvement from that state and that this port was just to hold us over in the mean time. Maybe that was the case. Maybe they hit some sort of legal issue or something (it wouldn’t be the first time a Mac port was destroyed due to stupid reasons… e.g., Torchlight 2). We don’t know. And honestly, Anet may actually be unable to tell us. This entire thing could be a run away train, if we’re going for metaphors.

Now then, that is why I keep pushing for alternate ways for Anet to communicate with us, in case there is some sort of reason. For instance, change the name of the client from beta to hobby. Yes, this probably won’t work in real life but it is just my lame brainstorming. And since we do seem to have some channel of communication open with Anet at the moment (the most we’ve had since launch) now would be the time for them to try to communicate what is actually going on with us.

Anet, we did not decode what you’re trying to tell us over the last year. We’re not sure if you’re flirting with the mac game community or if you are just being friendly and wish we’d go away (if we’re going for another metaphor).

As for what we can do, we need to be open to try to see it from their point of view (as hard as that may be with as little information as we have). That doesn’t mean we have to agree with them, but we should try to understand instead of just railing on them with no attempt at compromise.

fps drop with patch

Feydiir.2609

I just wish people would stop confusing LAG with FPS .. the FPS issue is an internal one with how graphics are being rendered to the screen its an internal graphics engine issue and has nothing to do with networks, DNS or anything related to your connection to the internet.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: epborden.7492

epborden.7492

I really think it would have just been easier to create a native client. I’m pretty sure the only reason they didn’t create one is because they don’t have any programmers with experience on OS X, or not enough to do anything on this scale.

fps drop with patch

FlamingFoxx.1305

I really think it would have just been easier to create a native client. I’m pretty sure the only reason they didn’t create one is because they don’t have any programmers with experience on OS X, or not enough to do anything on this scale.

Because the game runs in DirectX on Windows. It’s not as simple as making an OpenGL client – because every single time they made new content it would have to be done for both DirectX and OpenGL – which would mean having twice as many staff and it would be a massive pain for existing staff because it’s something they would have to be mindful of every time they made something new or planned something.

Of course then you might say they could just switch the entire game over to OpenGL since it runs on Windows as well as OSX – but if their current staff have be trained in DirectX and are proficient in it then what? Do you expect them to fire all those people JUST so that you can have a native OSX client? Then there’s the fact that the games engine is based off the original GW1 engine – once again in DirectX.

I know that it would be really nice to have an OpenGL client, but you have to understand that it quite possible isn’t feasible from a monetary or staffing sense.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

Because the game runs in DirectX on Windows. It’s not as simple as making an OpenGL client – because every single time they made new content it would have to be done for both DirectX and OpenGL – which would mean having twice as many staff and it would be a massive pain for existing staff because it’s something they would have to be mindful of every time they made something new or planned something.

Of course then you might say they could just switch the entire game over to OpenGL since it runs on Windows as well as OSX – but if their current staff have be trained in DirectX and are proficient in it then what? Do you expect them to fire all those people JUST so that you can have a native OSX client? Then there’s the fact that the games engine is based off the original GW1 engine – once again in DirectX.

I know that it would be really nice to have an OpenGL client, but you have to understand that it quite possible isn’t feasible from a monetary or staffing sense.

I agree with you here.

I do however hope some of their team has some serious GL chops because cider maps all dx9 to OGL and often transgaming has to tweak that ogl rendering on a per game basis depending on how the texture loading and redraws are being handled since the translation of such things from dx9 to ogl rendering as done by cider/wine is far from perfect and both of these issues seem to be exactly whats causing the current problem. From what I’ve gathered ANET is doing this all in-house and does not have an active support contract with Transgaming for development and has simply licensed it for usage.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Aigisthos.3059

Aigisthos.3059

I just wish people would stop confusing LAG with FPS .. the FPS issue is an internal one with how graphics are being rendered to the screen its an internal graphics engine issue and has nothing to do with networks, DNS or anything related to your connection to the internet.

this^

fps drop with patch

FlamingFoxx.1305

Soo the new patch comes out tomorrow and OS X players are probably going to have a lot of trouble playing it? Unless the issues are fixed and will be rolled out with that patch, but I feel like someone would have said something about that already.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Soo the new patch comes out tomorrow and OS X players are probably going to have a lot of trouble playing it? Unless the issues are fixed and will be rolled out with that patch, but I feel like someone would have said something about that already.

My guess is the fix is falling under the, “Don’t say when in case it doesn’t happen by then,” sort of silent rule I see at times with this game. That way if the Mac client is still busted tomorrow Anet can fall back on, “still working on it,” and people here can’t start complaining they were promised a fixed by a certain time. I’m not even sure if the gem store bug has been fixed yet either. Have not tried to test it for obvious reasons.

The Burninator

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Well I still don’t agree it’s just a Mac issue in that there are Windows users also with problems even on high end tech. However I may be inclined to believe it’s hurt mac users more as a whole, I’ve been quite lucky it seems. While the fps readings are lower than usual I can’t say it’s impacted my experience too bad if anything the game’s running smoother in LA, WvW, well anywhere minus that horrid Scarlet Marionette event so the client is far from broken for me. I’ve had the game run better than many windows users and that swtor game even (which is a windows only game, using bootcamp ofc) in the past on a macbook pro 8.1 that is a fraction the power of the custom computers people tend to be using these days.

Is anyone still using OS X 10.7, Lion? If not perhaps Lion is less affected with this recent debacle? Oh regarding frames, I have a theory perhaps the client’s readings may be wrong, they’re certainly erratic at times too (Not that I have super perception that I can see all dozens of frames each second) but if my game truly was running at 10 or less fps it would look very choppy yet it doesn’t. I tried lowering my graphics on another game (Star Conflict) which also has a mac beta, every mac user I heard in that game says it runs great on OS X. Anyway, my fps there is 20 or less usually, with lower graphics it more than doubled however the game didn’t look right at all it played too fast! So my conclusion is to not focus too much on the fps readings, unless of course it’s very clunky when trying to play. Well off to face the marionette the last time or two, perhaps by some miracle it will run smooth ironically at the 11th hour…

Hope tomorrow’s update fixes the problems many of us are experiencing! All the best my fellow mac users!

(About fps,ping and lag, back then changing my graphics settings had a very visible effect on my fps so I could assume then the client was working well as was the servers. Recently as one person said low or high yields little difference at all lately so makes me think the problem is either the server’s problem or the client rather than my system) Lower settings would still help naturally just isn’t the fix it once was, models take ages to load for many players regardless of OS though it seems to have improved recently so it hasn’t been all doom and gloom. We’ll see soon!

fps drop with patch

Posted by: benn.7214

benn.7214

Hopefully a fix will come with the patch tomorrow fingers crossed
Hate having to start up bootcamp for GW2 when my work stuff are on OS X

How are the rest of y’all coping?

fps drop with patch

JustTrogdor.7892

I’m a casual player so I’m pretty much just doing solo PvE stuff when I play. I’ve been coping with the rest of this mess by not buying gems since August (I was spending about $60 a month since I started playing). That is the best way to cast my vote for how the Mac client has been handled. Heck, I don’t even know if I can buy gems now if I wanted to without some detailed user fix I might have to do. I have not heard if the gem store bug is fixed or not.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

fps drop with patch

Feydiir.2609

I’ve stopped playing as its pointless since 3fps slideshows give me really bad migraines.

fps drop with patch

Feydiir.2609

Well I still don’t agree it’s just a Mac issue in that there are Windows users also with problems even on high end tech. However I may be inclined to believe it’s hurt mac users more as a whole, I’ve been quite lucky it seems. While the fps readings are lower than usual I can’t say it’s impacted my experience too bad if anything the game’s running smoother in LA, WvW, well anywhere minus that horrid Scarlet Marionette event so the client is far from broken for me. I’ve had the game run better than many windows users and that swtor game even (which is a windows only game, using bootcamp ofc) in the past on a macbook pro 8.1 that is a fraction the power of the custom computers people tend to be using these days.

Is anyone still using OS X 10.7, Lion? If not perhaps Lion is less affected with this recent debacle? Oh regarding frames, I have a theory perhaps the client’s readings may be wrong, they’re certainly erratic at times too (Not that I have super perception that I can see all dozens of frames each second) but if my game truly was running at 10 or less fps it would look very choppy yet it doesn’t. I tried lowering my graphics on another game (Star Conflict) which also has a mac beta, every mac user I heard in that game says it runs great on OS X. Anyway, my fps there is 20 or less usually, with lower graphics it more than doubled however the game didn’t look right at all it played too fast! So my conclusion is to not focus too much on the fps readings, unless of course it’s very clunky when trying to play. Well off to face the marionette the last time or two, perhaps by some miracle it will run smooth ironically at the 11th hour…

Hope tomorrow’s update fixes the problems many of us are experiencing! All the best my fellow mac users!

(About fps,ping and lag, back then changing my graphics settings had a very visible effect on my fps so I could assume then the client was working well as was the servers. Recently as one person said low or high yields little difference at all lately so makes me think the problem is either the server’s problem or the client rather than my system) Lower settings would still help naturally just isn’t the fix it once was, models take ages to load for many players regardless of OS though it seems to have improved recently so it hasn’t been all doom and gloom. We’ll see soon!

My game looks VERY CHOPPY .. think power point slide show. WvW is impacted much more severely than PvE .. and I am pretty much only a WvW person.

No the problem is most certainly with the graphics engine GW2 uses and how it interacts with the CIDER/Wine DirectX→OpenGL translation layer.. (my guess is is probably specific to shaders )

(edited by Feydiir.2609)

fps drop with patch

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yeah Yifang it’s possible you aren’t experiencing the same issues everyone else is.

1-5fps is EXTREMELY noticeable.
- and it is definitely an issue that is isolated to OSX. I play in bootcamp and the game runs smooth as butter, Anet recently did performance optimisation which has helped a bit. If you know people having issues in Windows then those issues are being caused by something else completely.

fps drop with patch

Feydiir.2609

Yeah Yifang it’s possible you aren’t experiencing the same issues everyone else is.

1-5fps is EXTREMELY noticeable.
- and it is definitely an issue that is isolated to OSX. I play in bootcamp and the game runs smooth as butter, Anet recently did performance optimisation which has helped a bit. If you know people having issues in Windows then those issues are being caused by something else completely.

Before there was an “official” mac client.. there was some experimentation to use an existing game wrapper and “port” unofficially to Macs.. one of the problems the unofficial port had was if multi threading was enabled with the CIDER/Wine wrapper performance tanked (much like its is now) with certain models of video cards .. the launch client originally had a -dx9single command line switch that fixed this but it has since been removed and deprecated and is no longer a valid command switch unfortunately.

fps drop with patch

FlamingFoxx.1305

Yup, I do recall having to add -dx9single on to client in crossover :P

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Any idea on a fix?

WvW is just unplayable right now, when you get 5 fps, specially combined with the slower servers since EOTM, or maybe its just the unplayable fps that give me the impression of lag.

fps drop with patch

NeuroMuse.1763

Well I still don’t agree it’s just a Mac issue in that there are Windows users also with problems even on high end tech.

I don’t think anyone said anywhere that it’s a mac only issue or that we’re the only ones with problems.

However the majority of the Mac player base with 1 patch saw up to an 80% (in my case specifically 40-to-8) drop in frame rate. More or less depending on the hardware/os configuration. Something like this would’ve never gone live for the windows players and if it did it would be fixed with haste or they would’ve pulled the patch completely until it was working. A lot of us are just getting sick that no real quality assurance testing seems to be going on at all for mac specifically. People on 10.8 and 10.9 do seem to be more effected more than people on older versions of OS X it seems though.

The problem most certainly is the ‘client’ itself and changes that were made in an attempt to optimize frame rates by adjusting texture loading/redraws and shaders on a number of cards / situations for windows users that were getting much lower frame rates than they should have considering their hardware is ultimately what initiated our problem. It fixed it for that group of windows users and we since have inherited a far worse version of the problem they were having.

Oh regarding frames, I have a theory perhaps the client’s readings may be wrong, they’re certainly erratic at times too (Not that I have super perception that I can see all dozens of frames each second) but if my game truly was running at 10 or less fps it would look very choppy yet it doesn’t.

The frame rates are being reported accurately. You can use 3rd party tools including ciders built in meter that and can be enabled in the config file as an overlay. 10 doesn’t necessarily have the typical “jerky” look people think about w/lower frame rates until they’re in high load high action situations and “moving” instead of standing still.

(edited by NeuroMuse.1763)

fps drop with patch

Feydiir.2609

you can tell the difference if you hit F11 (or fn+F11) to bring up the settings window .. look at the bottom left corner to get your graphics FPS .. if its 30+ and you are having problems then its LAG (network) .. if you are seeing under 10FPS its the “FPS bug” .. there is a lot of confusion with LAG and FPS .. they are not the same thing and are unrelated.. (though you can in theory have both since they are different issues)..

fps drop with patch

NeuroMuse.1763

Well they’ve never really been known for great levels of communication with us. Hopefully there is a fix in there.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Anen.1742

Anen.1742

I used to WvW a lot. Now I am not even starting GW2 everyday.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Well, due to the inherent performance difference in the OSX client to the Windows client, I’ve always rebooted for longer WvW sessions or events like the Karka invasion or Marionette.
As a gamer using a Mac, it’s just not feasible to not have a Windows partition. At some point, the frustrations with OSX ports (or lack thereof) is bigger than the effort to reboot.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

Ok, here’s a new update to the update:

The devs have developed a fix that should address certain performance issues you have been posting about, and that fix will be rolled out after testing is completed.

That’s not months from now, by the way. Testing is underway!

any hope that the fix will be in todays update?

For Glade and Glory

fps drop with patch

Kamikae.9536

I feel like they would have mentioned if the patch is coming in today’s update
I think it’s high time to partition up bootcamp….. Stupid windows

rMBP 15-inch, Late 2013 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

fps drop with patch

Posted by: saithira.9037

saithira.9037

I haven’t played since the wvw patch and will not play until it’s fixed. I will not make a windows partition on mine as work requires an encrypted hd and I’m not spending a small fortune on a license for an os that makes me gag from the history I have with it in my work. I’m simply waiting to see when they come with a fix, in the mean while I’m having fun with alternatives with true platform support – gotta love 200 fps+ … I will come back to the game if they come with a fix in a timely manner though.

——
Saithira.9037

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I had a thought: saying you test your patches on macs before you release them is just as bad if not worse as not testing them. If you hadn’t tested it, that’s just being careless and ‘oops’. But the fact that you tested it, saw that it was crap, and released it anyways is insulting; “Yeah… we hoped you wouldn’t notice. Oh well, sucks to be you.”

I’m kinda looking forward to this patch. Either the mac bash is fixed, or I may get to make my first YouTube video showing off the new patch… and the astonishing 1 fps and what playing with that actually looks like. Win or win, really.

fps drop with patch

FlamingFoxx.1305

I get the feeling that the macs they test it on are top of the line Mac Pro’s that are connected directly to their servers or something – and thus result in no issues whatsoever being observable.

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Mbelch.9028

Mbelch.9028

I’m so on the verge of quitting it isn’t funny. And I was a heavy gem store supporter too.

-Nex, [FEAR] Elementalist
https://www.youtube.com/user/GW2FearGaming

fps drop with patch

Kamikae.9536

Even on top of the line brand new macs you get the fps drop in ANY world scale events
I’m using a brand new MacBook Pro and we have a 50mbps connection no hardware reason for issues and it tanks they didn’t test it at all or did test and ignored the problem. Arenanet is turning into the next blizzard $10 for an old armor skin from gw1 and no support get ready for the downward spiral

fps drop with patch

Feydiir.2609

I get the feeling that the macs they test it on are top of the line Mac Pro’s that are connected directly to their servers or something – and thus result in no issues whatsoever being observable.

I have a top of the line iMac with customized features and it still didn’t run beyond 3FPS after that Feb 4th patch.. I think they just dont do any sort of real-world testing aside from booting it and maybe porting to lions arch .. I highly doubt that any of the devs actually makes the mac client their day to day long session playing client.

fps drop with patch

Feydiir.2609

I’m so on the verge of quitting it isn’t funny. And I was a heavy gem store supporter too.

Well I’ve quit but not by my choice.. I cant play the game even if I wanted to because its so bad i’ve been more or less forced into a quit until its fixed.

fps drop with patch

JustTrogdor.7892

So the Feb 18th update is live. Any news on performance? I can’t test it right now.

The Burninator

fps drop with patch

Posted by: benn.7214

benn.7214

So the Feb 18th update is live. Any news on performance? I can’t test it right now.

Its playable now! Just tested with a massive zerg and i am no long getting 1-5 fps!
Have to try out Wvw and another world events, will update soon!

fps drop with patch

Mbelch.9028

Really???! I’ll test now..

fps drop with patch

Mbelch.9028

THE FRAME RATE LAG IS GONE, GUYS!. I’m so excited. I just ran into a zerg of people and escaped. I’m pretty sure the zerg was confused at an ele suiciding into 50 people, but I had to test it out somehow!

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, back to the crashing every 10 minutes bug. Oh well. At least it is playable now.

fps drop with patch

Feydiir.2609

I took a quick stroll in wvw in EB and zerg surfed with all the eye-candy fully on and was getting 20 or 30fps which is excellent.. but I need to really test it out in ernest .

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

Downloading patch now, but thanks already A-net

For Glade and Glory

fps drop with patch

Posted by: saithira.9037

saithira.9037

If it’s fixed, why isn’t it mentioned in the patch notes?

This is bigger news then getting 20 new elite skills + guaranteed percusor drops from end bosses in instances (no it’s not added, just an illustration).

In bug fix section of patch notes only some lame stuff is added not this which isn’t an inconvenience and not game breaking for a full segment of players!

——
Saithira.9037

fps drop with patch

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

If it’s fixed, why isn’t it mentioned in the patch notes?

This is bigger news then getting 20 new elite skills + guaranteed percusor drops from end bosses in instances (no it’s not added, just an illustration).

In bug fix section of patch notes only some lame stuff is added not this which isn’t an inconvenience and not game breaking for a full segment of players!

Changes/fixes that are very short notice often don’t make it into the patch notes. Not to mention the patchnotes in GW2 aren’t remotely comprehensive.

Judging by the delay of deploying the patch, I’d also wager they had more important problems to fix than making sure their patchnotes were complete.