FPS Drop

FPS Drop

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I had a pretty bad computer and I recently (a few weeks ago) upgraded everything besides my graphics card. Normally I can get 80 FPS on best performance with the following setup:

i5 4590 CPU
H97 Pro4 mobo
560W PSU
8GB DDR 1600 RAM
GTX 630 GeForce GPU

Sometimes the FPS just randomly drop to ~14 and doesn’t change much no matter if I am on lowest graphics or max graphics. Restarting the game fixes is but I’m looking for a perm. fix. Any help would be appreciated.
I will upgrade my graphics card to a Radeon 390 soon but I still don’t think my graphics card is causing this as before it ran at 60 FPS on lowest settings normally.
I also occasionally get a Norton message which says that gw2 is using a high amount of CPU power (full potential of at least 1 core), not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

FPS Drop

Posted by: jsmith.6458

jsmith.6458

The same thing has happened to me about 5-6 times over the last few months.
Game runs fine, then bam, all audio stops, and a severe drop in FPS.

Intel i7 4930K
16GB RAM
Windows 8
NVidia GeForce GTX 780 Ti

Game runs at 10% CPU and 2GB of RAM

I try and quit the game, but it freezes.
Even the PC can’t kill it via task manager.
I have to go into command prompt and taskkill it.

FPS Drop

Posted by: gumjai.4598

gumjai.4598

i have exactly the same issue recently.
the fps drop usually comes behind a sound malfunction for me.

the game will stuck eventually and can’t even kill it with task manager.
requires a cold boot.

missing some map bosses by that

FPS Drop

Posted by: iNSoMaNiAc.2741

iNSoMaNiAc.2741

In all 3 cases it sounds like your graphics cards are throttling, I suggest downloading HWmonitor or any program that allows you to see your GPU’s and any other piece of hardware temperature while you are playing the game, if it goes above 90c than you have a heat problem, you can either buy 2/3 fans or watercool it. If by any chance you are overclocking, stop it -_-

P.S Also check your CPU’s temperatures,

FPS Drop

Posted by: jsmith.6458

jsmith.6458

I have plenty of liquid cooling in my system, I don’t overclock, so high temps are not the issue.
I am sure it’s an issue with the game, since no other game has this issue.

FPS Drop

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

I’m having a similar issue. I will randomly drop from 60fps to 15ish. The current audio will get stuck in a loop( for example I’ll hear whirling wrath over and over.) The game will continue to play. Once I try to close the client, It will freeze and not let me close it. I cannot alt + f4 or CTRL ALT DEL to close it. Each time I have to full reboot my PC.

Since it freezes, I never receive an error message.

Specs.
GPU: GeForce GTX 760
CPU: intel i5-4670k @ 3.40ghz
Ram: 8g DDR 2
mobo: ASrock Z97 Extreme4

Baer

FPS Drop

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

I’m also affected by FPS drop since 1-2 weeks.
I have no clues.
Yesterday, I reinstalled graphic card driver and everything went well, but after a reboot the fps drop was back again.

FPS Drop

Posted by: Waffle.6380

Waffle.6380

Same issue here. It looks like we all have Nvidia cards. Maybe something broke in the latest version of the driver?

FPS Drop

Posted by: Alllite.2457

Alllite.2457

If you have problems with FPS drops 60 – 15 fps in NVidia cards, try this:
>go to Nvidia control panel >Manage 3D set. > find GW2. exe > set all to Recomended by Nvidia > save> after you must optimalization your game in NVidia Geforce panel > and you can lunch game.
One importand think : you must not change graphic options in in-game menu ! ! only over Nvidia Geforce panel. I dont know why, but coop with in-game nad Nvidia Geforce panel not work good and cause this randomly fps drops.
let me know if it work .

FPS Drop

Posted by: nullmoon.4958

nullmoon.4958

I’m afraid it might have nothing to do with the hardware (in this case NVidia cards), as I’m experiencing this as well, but with a AMD graphics card.
The sound does either stop or turn into a creepy low tone and the fps drop down to ~15 (from 50). Changing the map does not work, but restarting the client does (only through the task manager).
Repairing the client didn’t do anything for me.
Specs:
Intel i7-3770
Radeon HD 7850
16 GB DDR3 Ram
Windows 10

(edited by nullmoon.4958)

FPS Drop

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Anybody with the sound bug not using Realtek Onboard Sound ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

FPS Drop

Posted by: tberrym.3160

tberrym.3160

Having the same issue. I used to play this smoothly in my old laptop, hitting 60 fps but now I cant even get 30fps on my new rig.

FPS Drop

Posted by: Jasonbdj.4021

Jasonbdj.4021

Same issue

Spec:
i7 4770k cpu
8GB Ram
ATI R290x
Sound Blaster Z
Windows 10

Getting 5fps….