FPS Drops after few minutes of playing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: noform.8094

noform.8094

Hello, i have problem with fps since about week now.
Before, everything was doing good, i had always 40-50 fps. since week i have 40-50 after launching game, but after few minutes is going to 20-30.
Sometimes when i back to desktop and back to game, its going back to 40-50 but after few minutes again it drop to 20.

I have no idea why its like this, i even made computer format, now i have only game installed with drivers of course, but its still dropping after few minutes…

win 7 64/amd phenom x6/16gb ram/ati 5770/max cpu temp is 65*, dust cleaned, cpu usage is max 40%

[ONYX] [sD] [FL]

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Have you checked you taskmanager if there is maybe a process running that consumes
a lot of cpu power ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: Fakkahe.3108

Fakkahe.3108

You temperature on your processor is too high, this causes throttling to lower the heat on the cpu. The maximum operation temperature is 62c for amd phenom x6. That’s what causing your problems. I would recommend you to buy new thermal grease and apply it to the cpu. Be sure to clean with Acetone or 99% clean alcohol!

Here is a guide how to do it if you lack experience!

Regards!

(edited by Fakkahe.3108)