FPS Issue with the 9/9 patch [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Now lets bring in some good news, my FPS has increased since patch. Just wanted to make note that the FPS has not dropped for everybody, loading times on the other hand..

Posted by: VinceTueuR.2987

VinceTueuR.2987

Please Anet, just stop messing around with settings or telling people to try this and that. It is pointless as it is a waste of time, let alone it fixes things up for a minor percentage of players, leaving others with problems. I, as a gamer, love the game as it is, even if it doesn’t perform well most of the time. My problem is that I do not see any point in talking about lowering our system settings or turn sounds off to play a game that should perform with 60 fps on a simple dual core system with an old graphics card. I do believe that we would all appreciate some honesty, at long last, to wether the performance issues of the game are going to be addressed or not. Simple as that. Yes, players with 2.5k+ dollars systems do enjoy ( most of the time ) the full experience of this game performance-wise but the vast majority of players cannot afford such computers, therefore having issues. I know, it is a CPU bound game, old DX9 API and such but, please, just an honest answer. So that we know what we are dealing with here.

Thank you in advance.

The problem is even with 2.5k+$ computer, the game is not smooth.
I have a 2600k OC at 4.8ghz with crossfire R9 290X and during events like WB, WvW, Farm train.. I saw huge FPS drops when fighting to 15FPS and less..

Some friends with good computers confirmed me these results…
So ANET will never help you because there is no way to do it…this graphic engine is the worth of all !!

(edited by VinceTueuR.2987)

Posted by: ishotellet.7184

ishotellet.7184

The problem is even with 2.5k+$ computer, the game is not smooth.

Well it ran kinda smooth before the 9/9 patch, no major issues. Lots of people can’t even play the game as it is now. The thing that’s really annoying is that they release something that really mess up the whole game for people and then more or less ignore us. Here we are soon 2 months later and no complete fix for this issue. Some of us will be left out forever i guess & it’s their loss.

As it is now it doesn’t matter if you’ve got a cheap or expensive pc cause the randomness of GW actually working is just weird. I’ve given up now, completely.

I like the game and if they eventually release some kind of stable fix for the issue i would happily return, but at the moment i guess i won’t be starting GW for quite some time.

Posted by: Chad Taylor.3487

Previous

Chad Taylor.3487

Lead Graphics Programmer

We’ve been taking this performance issue very seriously and have spent the last few weeks trying to isolate the various causes you guys are experiencing.

Performance is very tricky because there are so many variables as to why the game could be running poorly, especially if it used to run fine. It hasn’t been affecting everybody and some of the folks experiencing issues have found them to be due to outside forces such as poor hardware cooling. We know this is a real issue from the things you guys have posted here and have been trying to find the root of the problem. Simply put, it’s been taking time to identify what the issues could be and trying to reproduce them in-house has proven quite elusive.

We’ve identified a number of serious issues some of which were introduced into the 9/9 build and have code changes on the way to address them. We don’t expect it to fix everyone’s performance problems but we certainly hope it will help the majority of you on this thread. I will follow up when the code changes go live and hope that you guys will report back as to whether they are making a difference or not.

I want to give props to you guys for helping each other out and providing helpful insight into this problem. I know it can be really frustrating, it is for us too so please bear with us. We sincerely want to make your playing experience the best we can.

Hey guys, I would appreciate it if you read the thread before commenting.

Unfortunately, my original post(above) was through my user account and not my work account so it doesn’t have the visibility it should. Please read it if you haven’t.

We are actively looking into performance issues and I have been providing updates on this thread regularly over the past couple weeks.

There seems to be some confusion about what our “fix” was. Disabling “High-Res Character Textures” was NOT it but did come in the same patch. The “fix” is not something expected to actually fix every bodies issues but rather address what many posters have been experiencing. That said, some of you have already reported back saying that it has helped and some of you have said it hasn’t made a difference.

We’ve continued looking into this issue beyond the latest changes and in doing so have found an audio issue that can affect the global performance of the game under certain conditions. This is where I asked that you try “-nosound” to see if it makes a difference and report back if it did. This was never a suggestion to actually fix your issue. Some players did this and reported a huge performance improvement and we can now justify shipping the code changes we’ve made in response. This is GOOD! This you all helping us help you.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

We’ve been taking this performance issue very seriously and have spent the last few weeks trying to isolate the various causes you guys are experiencing.

Performance is very tricky because there are so many variables as to why the game could be running poorly, especially if it used to run fine. It hasn’t been affecting everybody and some of the folks experiencing issues have found them to be due to outside forces such as poor hardware cooling. We know this is a real issue from the things you guys have posted here and have been trying to find the root of the problem. Simply put, it’s been taking time to identify what the issues could be and trying to reproduce them in-house has proven quite elusive.

We’ve identified a number of serious issues some of which were introduced into the 9/9 build and have code changes on the way to address them. We don’t expect it to fix everyone’s performance problems but we certainly hope it will help the majority of you on this thread. I will follow up when the code changes go live and hope that you guys will report back as to whether they are making a difference or not.

I want to give props to you guys for helping each other out and providing helpful insight into this problem. I know it can be really frustrating, it is for us too so please bear with us. We sincerely want to make your playing experience the best we can.

Unfortunately, my original post(above) was through my user account and not my work account so it doesn’t have the visibility it should. Please read it if you haven’t.

We are actively looking into performance issues and I have been providing updates on this thread regularly over the past couple weeks.

There seems to be some confusion about what our “fix” was. Disabling “High-Res Character Textures” was NOT it but did come in the same patch. The “fix” is not something expected to actually fix every bodies issues but rather address what many posters have been experiencing. That said, some of you have already reported back saying that it has helped and some of you have said it hasn’t made a difference.

We’ve continued looking into this issue beyond the latest changes and in doing so have found an audio issue that can affect the global performance of the game under certain conditions. This is where I asked that you try “-nosound” to see if it makes a difference and report back if it did. This was never a suggestion to actually fix your issue. Some players did this and reported a huge performance improvement and we can now justify shipping the code changes we’ve made in response. This is GOOD! This you all helping us help you.

3 large performance issues that need player side tweaking settings.

1. Mini-Pet display options (All, Party, Self)
2. Fog Element changes (High, Medium, Low) – Maw, modniir, Fire-ele all suffer from this, Ice storms and certain weather causes this too. Even affects my 4790K and 280x system by 20-25FPS of the top.
3. Client side to Server side timing settings. I see my game client get out of sync ALL the time. And when it does it lags horrendously. It takes about 60 seconds to auto correct and my client goes from 7 FPS up to 32FPS. I think this comes down to the number of players and their actions being calculated in my game client and causing lag.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Chad.9038

Chad.9038

ArenaNet Engine Team Lead

3. Client side to Server side timing settings. I see my game client get out of sync ALL the time. And when it does it lags horrendously. It takes about 60 seconds to auto correct and my client goes from 7 FPS up to 32FPS. I think this comes down to the number of players and their actions being calculated in my game client and causing lag.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you describe “I see my game client get out of sync”? And what do you mean by “lag”? Do you see your playing snapping around or are other players not getting updated appropriately? Or does the game just run slower?

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Thanks for the reply.

Can you describe “I see my game client get out of sync”? And what do you mean by “lag”? Do you see your playing snapping around or are other players not getting updated appropriately? Or does the game just run slower?

My Example will be when you are fighting the Champ at Maw. He becomes attackable and the FPS drops down to 7FPS, and characters start to dissapear/appear randomly, poping in and out of basic character modles and the normal ones. (Mind you I run on Medium for Char limit and quality, else I crash with OOM).

As all the players merge in on the Champ, FPS remain between 7-9FPS. And after 60seconds, Boom 32FP, and it remains between 24-32FPS for the remainder of the battle (I would say the Boss is at 80% HP around this time). But the FPS jump ONLY happens after the players around me stop moving for 1-3 seconds and completely disappear and come back.

This happens during the Elemental phase during Modniir, and for the first few seconds that FE pops up (I think its when the little fire storms pop).

Seems to me the common deliminator are the Fog effects, or something around there, as with Modniir when the ele hands go away the FPS goes back to 32FPS almost instantly. MAW, the FOG is still there but it doesn’t seem as ‘full’ as before the ‘pause’.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: urieldhynne.2743

urieldhynne.2743

So, no fix for this?

Posted by: Glory.1493

Glory.1493

ehm , button for “high” texture settings is grayed out together with high character textures… is this your magic fix? no seriously are you trying to scale the graphic this way?

“High-res character textures” is greyed out and unable to change(check or uncheck). Also, “Textures:” field is empty, making me be able select only medium and low.

What is the meaning of this anet?

This was intended…sort of. “High-res character textures” will no longer be available for low performance CPUs(most dual core) since it can be incredibly demanding on performance; on CPUs like these it will make the game unplayable. The grayed out texture quality bit was unintended and will be fixed.

This was a very minor part of the changes that went in, none of which I would qualify as “the magic fix”. As I mentioned it’s been incredibly difficult to ascertain what some of you are experiencing and thankfully our changes helped some of you, but for others it did not. We will keep working on it, chipping away at the issues we find.

Thanks all for your feedback and apologies for the hiccup. I will keep you posted if we find a smoking gun.

You say that low performance CPU’s no longer can use high-res textures, i completely understand. But what i don’t understand is why i can’t? I have a quad core CPU, it’s a Intel® Core™ i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz. I’ve been running the game fine for the last 2 years. Can you help me?

Your processor is dual core with hyper-threading. In Windows Task Manager this appears as 4 boxes but its not actually 4 cores, just 4 hardware threads. The texture quality drop down fix is on the way so you will at least be able to use “High” textures again.

i want that high res character textures back, i can handle my pc by myself. i just love that high res character texture,if its reduce the fps i can turn off others instead of this one.i just love it, bring it back plz.dont tell other ppl how to live their life.sry about bad english.i m not a native speaker these are the only words i know to respond

Posted by: IHateMrCats.3201

IHateMrCats.3201

My FPS seems to dip less often having underclocked my card a bit but that’s all i have going for me at the moment.

Posted by: Calanthe.3857

Calanthe.3857

•Your location: Connecticut
•Time and date of incident (plus time zone): randomly in all zones
•Game World: Sea of sorrows
•Map: all
•Brief description of what you’re seeing: freezing, slow motion, game not responding to input on time

Posted by: Ravenhunt.2735

Ravenhunt.2735

What i have noticed, for me, is that this slight stutter effect all few Seconds (it differs randomly) occur only when the FPS are lower then 60+ per second. Its not so terrible, like others who had this problem but noticeable.
It happens around 40 – 58 FPS.
Like in difinitys reach or lions arch with maxed players.
The FPS drops to ~48 – 58, stutter occurs.

When i set the FPS limitation to 30, no stuttering with maxed players. FPS never drops below 30.
When i set the FPS limitation to 60 or unlimited, stutter occurs only below 60 FPS.

My default settings are:

Resolution: Windowed Fullscreen (to change this dont change anything)
Refreshrate: Standart
Frame Limiter: 60 (30, 60 or unlimited for testing)
Interface Size: Small

Animation: High
Anti-Aliasing: FXAA
Enviroment: High
LOD-Distance: Ultra
Reflections: All
Textures: High
Render Sempling: Supersampling
Shadows: Ultra
Shaders: High
Postprocessing: High
Character Model Limit: Highest / low (i only changed this for testing)
Character Model Quality: Highest

Best Texture Filter on.
Depth Blur on.
Effect LOD off.
High-Res Character Textures on.
Vertical Sync on/off… dont change anything on 60FPS with 60 FPS Limitation.

In my case, i think it had to do with some “asynchronous” frames per second.
So its a driver problem maybe… im still testing some options.
The question is… have only nVidia users this problem?

The -nosound comand dont change anything.
High Res Character Textures dont change anything.

An interesting Demo (the first 3 Minutes) from nVidia, i know its more a commercial video BUT… it tells DIRECTLY what happens for me. And i think, he tells YOU when this stuttering happens.
Maybe… a little hint?

http://on.aol.com/video/nvidia-g-sync-demo-517976275

PS:
I would say stuttering all few seconds, more or less, is a different problem as the bad FPS problem since the feature patch.
One hard stuttering/slow down problem was the CPU and energy setting.
Bad FPS after feature patch was Anets fault. ;P
Stuttering randomly maybe from asynchronous FPS to refresh rate (see video) is the problem that i have, and some others. Would be maybe a driver problem.

This problems are not the same.

Hmmm…

Ventari says: “Act with wisdom, but act”
Meme says: “Meme?”

(edited by Ravenhunt.2735)

Posted by: Kaspar.3892

Kaspar.3892

Funny thing I’ve had lately, but I’m not sure if it’s related to just the game or something in my hardware, but I’ve had the Exact same FPS no matter what settings I put the game on, and it usually hovers around 5-15 FPS no matter what I’m doing.

CPU: i7-4790 @ 3.60 GHz
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 1g

I have parking disabled on my CPU. Anyone got any ideas?

Also, my wife’s computer has a GTX 650 and an i5-3350P @ 3.10 Ghz and gets an average of 45 FPS in combat.

EDIT:

So in a bit of process monitoring, I found that my CPU Frequency is dropping whenever I run any game. Anyone got a solution to this?

Edit 2:

I figured out that it was due to the Intel SpeedStepping Tech in the BIOS Settings. I disabled this and the results are that the game runs AMAZING now!

(edited by Kaspar.3892)

Posted by: cherrycola.3127

cherrycola.3127

Will there ever be an OPTION for those of us who had high-res character textures before and suddenly got locked out to try reenabling them for ourselves? I, personally, had ZERO FPS issues post 9/9 patch – in fact my FPS went up from 30-ish to more like 40-ish on average in most maps. This is with a dual core CPU (Intel Core i5 3230M 2.60 GHz). I’ve played with high res character textures enabled on this computer for about a year with literally zero issues. I am extremely annoyed that Anet is suddenly arbitrarily taking this option away from me even though it worked fine.

Athayne Elora, Ele
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Anelee.1034

Anelee.1034

11/4 patch and stuttering issue is back. very nice considering new silverwastes events are meant for lots of people :/

ishotellet.7184

I wonder if they’re still “working” on the fps issues :/. They should just have rolled it back straight after release due to how many actually experienced problems from it.

This thread will die out eventually cause peeps get tired of posting & the answers we get(if we get one) is kinda meh…

Posted by: izzy.5876

izzy.5876

I didn’t have issues after the 9/9 patch, but after this 11/4 patch my FPS has gone down from ~50 to staying around 20. I put my settings on the best performance preset and I still had the same FPS. During Tequatl I had 5 FPS, where I usually have 35 in the full zerg even with all the particles. I really wish Anet would fix this for the few of us.

Even my computer has slowed down since the patch, but that may also be the Windows update I installed the night before.

I have a Nvidia Geforce GT 755M and 16GB of RAM, I really shouldn’t be having this issue naturally.

Posted by: B Rad.5416

B Rad.5416

After the patch sometimes when I play I will have the fps issues and other times it will be perfectly fine, at the moment I am having the fps issues after playing smoothly all day yesterday.

B Rad 80 Thief | Scrúbs 80 Guardian | Aquaholic 80 Elementalist |
Keyser Soze 80 Warrior | Muted 80 Mesmer | Crim De La Crim 80 Necro |
Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: iNovikov.1053

iNovikov.1053

This is scary, as I was going to be starting to play this game again. I’ve looked through the thread as much as I possible could, but could anyone say that plays on a laptop what the performance updates did in case of heat? My card ran the game at around 70-75C beforehand.

Is the impact greater for laptops or is it simply desktop oriented?

Posted by: The Great Al.2546

The Great Al.2546

Admittedly haven’t read the entire thread, but I have a laptop with an 860M, i7 processor, and used to get around 50-60 FPS and now can’t get above 32. Changing the settings have no impact (including Shadows, which I would expect would be a big FPS increase to turn off).

I recently installed the latest nvidia update which included the NVidia Experience for GW2. I haven’t tweaked any of the settings but could this be related?

Posted by: iNovikov.1053

iNovikov.1053

Admittedly haven’t read the entire thread, but I have a laptop with an 860M, i7 processor, and used to get around 50-60 FPS and now can’t get above 32. Changing the settings have no impact (including Shadows, which I would expect would be a big FPS increase to turn off).

I recently installed the latest nvidia update which included the NVidia Experience for GW2. I haven’t tweaked any of the settings but could this be related?

What is your GPU/CPU heat like?

izzy.5876

THIS. THIS IS MY EXACT ISSUE.
I have a laptop with, as previously mentioned, Nvidia GeForce 755M 2g, 16 GB of RAM, and an Intel i7 processor. Previously ran the game at high fps, now I can barely get above 32 as well. Periodically I’ll climb to my previous FPS but it lasts in short bursts and I’ll go down to <32 again.

When the patch first came out I had this issue, so I tried to fix it and updated my Nvidia driver to the new one, same problem. I just cleaned my fan after forgetting to for four months – computer performance has improved but my FPS and overall GW2 loading times have stayed the same since patch. I’ve also run -repair on GW2 and no changes, it’s stayed the same no matter what settings I use, high or low.

The Great Al.2546

What is your GPU/CPU heat like?

Nonexistent. Cool to the touch. I use a separate laptop fan, and the internal one doesn’t even always need to turn on.

The Great Al.2546

I have a laptop with, as previously mentioned, Nvidia GeForce 755M 2g, 16 GB of RAM, and an Intel i7 processor. Previously ran the game at high fps, now I can barely get above 32 as well. Periodically I’ll climb to my previous FPS but it lasts in short bursts and I’ll go down to <32 again.

When the patch first came out I had this issue, so I tried to fix it and updated my Nvidia driver to the new one, same problem. I just cleaned my fan after forgetting to for four months – computer performance has improved but my FPS and overall GW2 loading times have stayed the same since patch. I’ve also run -repair on GW2 and no changes, it’s stayed the same no matter what settings I use, high or low.

izzy, I believe I found something that may or may not be related to your issue. Please see my thread that I created here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Major-FPS-issue-with-the-Frame-Limiter/first#post4545218

izzy.5876

izzy, I believe I found something that may or may not be related to your issue. Please see my thread that I created here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/Major-FPS-issue-with-the-Frame-Limiter/first#post4545218

Sadly my issue isn’t really with the frame limiter. I get the same FPS whether I’m on unlimited, 60, or 30. Right now I have GW2 in the background and I’m parked in Silverwastes, and I have 20FPS. Sometimes it magically goes back to 50-60 FPS for about twenty seconds, then returns to less than 20.
Also it may not JUST be FPS. My loading screen times have gotten increasingly longer – LA used to load in 15 seconds for me and now it takes 3 minutes. When I load into maps not everything is loaded, and character models take a few seconds to load. But still, no matter what setting I use, same FPS, same loading times.

(edited by izzy.5876)

Posted by: vashio.6297

vashio.6297

I’ve been getting some strange fps issues with my rig as well. When i first get onto gw2 my fps starts rubber banding from 62 fps to 15 fps. This problem has never happened to me before until recent months.

I’ve tested other games like farcry 3 and tomb raider to see if they would cause any issues but it seems gw2 is the only game having these issues.

Also i can see that gw2 is making my gpu’s spike up to 99%.

izzy.5876

So I’ve come to the conclusion that this may be a GPU issue for me, but it’s highly suspicious that it all started after I downloaded the 11/4 patch. Other games have begun lagging for me and I’ve experienced… whatever this is on some weapons in game.

EDIT: Nevermind to everything, oh my god, my battery was just on power saver mode.

Attachments:

(edited by izzy.5876)

Posted by: OutOfMemory.1249

OutOfMemory.1249

I’ve been having strange issues on and off again for a month. It’s not a big issue since I have a fix for it but I thought I’d post it here.

The first and most common is sometimes when I start GW2 after my computer has been off I have lower than normal frame rate. If there’s not a lot going on I should have 60+ fps but when this issue happens it never goes above 40, even if I have settings on low and looking at a wall. Restarting the client does not fix anything and I tried the -nosound option, but starting a game of Battlefield 4, then quitting and starting GW2 fixes the frame rate issues. BF4 and GW2 are the only games I have at the moment on my computer so I haven’t tried this with any other game.

The second, much less common issue, is that sometimes, after playing for a while, my frame rate drops again to 30 and the sound cuts out, except for the background noise. Restarting GW2 fixes this.

Intel Core i5-4690K and Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 are my specs.

(edited by OutOfMemory.1249)

ishotellet.7184

How’s it going.

Posted by: Tux.9567

Tux.9567

Having similar problems as of yesterday. I was getting 35-45fps early morning which is normal for my system. By evening I was getting 15-20fps max and when moving around in Snowden Drifts the movement was very choppy and fps was dipping below 10fps most of the time. The area where I was located had no other players in sight.

The change is very noticeable.

I have far less impressive specs than some of the machine configs that are being posted here but it seems to be an issue with the code rather than my specs, given what kind of performance I normally achieve.

(edited by Tux.9567)

Posted by: JohnCarmackCRO.1596

JohnCarmackCRO.1596

Hello there…

my specs are i7 4790K 4,5 16Gb RAM Msi 780 OC 120 GB ssd Win 7 Ult

I can just say that prior this patch I didn’t had any issues whatsoever of any kind and held a stable 60 FPS all the time. But know when I turn it stutters and slows. So the problem is in this last patch. I don’t know what the developers did but it’s not working out good on my side. I have all the latest drivers and everything updated on my side. Hope you guys fix this soon,

Thank you!

Posted by: Selescion.2836

Selescion.2836

Having the exact same problem as you people.
I took a break for 2-3 months. Before I could run GW2 on max quality with great fps. Now it’s 1-20(max) fps.

This makes the game unplayable as many of you stated before and a fix would REALLY be appretiated.

My location is Austria (like it matters) and none of the suggested solutions (deleting Local.dat, windowed mode on/off, etc) worked for me.

Also when I switch to minimum graphics it’s still the same problem… maybe max 30fps instead of 20 (yay!).

Cheers!

ishotellet.7184

Well i made this thread 3 months ago and there’s still no fix for this.. We never got any real answers and as you can see the dev’s don’t even bother reading this thread. They don’t seem to realize that their game is broken.

They like to blame our pc’s for this & it’s a bit strange when there’s no issues with other games…. it’s just a huge sigh :/

Posted by: thefounder.2074

thefounder.2074

Same here… used to run game 30-65 FPS.. now, no matter what settings i get 10-20 fps just standing still.. system runs every other game fine.

amd 1100t
amd 6950 (latest drivers)
8gm RAM
256 SSD
win 7 64

Posted by: B Rad.5416

B Rad.5416

I was playing earlier today just fine, just logged back on and was having these issues again.

B Rad 80 Thief | Scrúbs 80 Guardian | Aquaholic 80 Elementalist |
Keyser Soze 80 Warrior | Muted 80 Mesmer | Crim De La Crim 80 Necro |
Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: thefounder.2074

thefounder.2074

I was playing earlier today just fine, just logged back on and was having these issues again.

same here.. its so freaking random. Last night I played fine for an hour… got dinner, came back… FPS in the toilet… wtf. this morning… same crap

i have a fresh install of GW2 btw… i had not played for a year and just reinstalled last week. im starting to think its because i have never bought gems. i bet they target accounts that dont buy gems and keep them from playing

(edited by thefounder.2074)

Posted by: BrotherHolmes.5941

BrotherHolmes.5941

I have been playing the game for about a year with “High-res character textures.” on and never had any issues except for some big world boss battles and the LeyLine Hub. Now that feature is disabled and I feel like you think that I’m too stupid to know what settings to use on my computer. I turn down my settings when I go into an area that I know is going to reduce my FPS. Please tell me that this is only temporary!

Posted by: Tux.9567

Tux.9567

Okay, I don’t know if this will help anyone out there but I thought I should post a fix that worked on my machine.

It turns out that one my ram modules was not entirely inserted correctly. I noticed it this morning when I opened up my case. It was mostly in, but a corner section of the ram was slightly out of the socket.

Upon re-inserting it correctly, the game, and other errors on my machine were resolved.

Good luck

Posted by: Xarv.9372

Xarv.9372

Your location : Canada

Time and date of incident (plus time zone) : Since the last patch

Game World : Fort Aspenwood

Map : WvW borderlands and pve maps.

Brief description of what you’re seeing : I’ve been playing this game for over 3 years with no issues whatsoever and all of a sudden since last patch, I getting massive FPS drops. In wvw fights it goes down to 5-10. It makes the game completely unplayable. Sometimes it suddently happen in regular pve maps with no specific events going on.

Ticket number, if you submitted one. : Didn’t submit one, I will next time I log in.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

This is a very old thread.

Please refer here to lag/FPS/latency issues.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/How-to-Lag-Latency-FPS-Issues/first#post6098786

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

Your location : Canada

Time and date of incident (plus time zone) : Since the last patch

Game World : Fort Aspenwood

Map : WvW borderlands and pve maps.

Brief description of what you’re seeing : I’ve been playing this game for over 3 years with no issues whatsoever and all of a sudden since last patch, I getting massive FPS drops. In wvw fights it goes down to 5-10. It makes the game completely unplayable. Sometimes it suddently happen in regular pve maps with no specific events going on.

Ticket number, if you submitted one. : Didn’t submit one, I will next time I log in.

Also a ticket is filled out here through support. Not in game.