FPS improved after 9/9 patch!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: SwiftChocobo.3781

SwiftChocobo.3781

Hey all, just thought I’d mention (and thank anet for) an increase in performance after the latest patch. Perhaps it’s just the map I’m in or because not as many people are on at this time, but I feel it’s significant because in very similar areas with similar amounts of players, I had dips in FPS.

More specifically, I have an nvidia 680. From launch, I’d average 40-50 fps on max settings, but it would dip and stutter whenever I’d turn the camera. After this patch, I seem to be getting a consistent 40-60 fps, with no dips, and even better performance in less cluttered areas (up to 120 fps underwater). Although not optimal (I’m still expecting 70 fps single card average once the optimized drivers are out), I’m very pleased!

Posted by: Eternalglory.1682

Eternalglory.1682

which driver u using

Posted by: Gundarr.6015

Gundarr.6015

A bit of improvement in performance when soloing. Large PVE events and WvW still unplayable.

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

My framerate dropped, again… I actually had to dip into medium settings now just to stay stable in lions arch, really starting to get sick of this now, didn’t mind so much that the game was slow at launch but the fact that it keeps getting even slower after each patch is mind boggling…

Runs Crysis Maxed, Crysis 2 dx11 mode maxed, skyrim hires texture pack maxed, but gw2 on medium/high no aa, no shadows, no reflections… what is this I don’t even…

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

(edited by Mightylink.3816)

Posted by: Echo.7259

Echo.7259

No change for me, still getting 12-20 FPS no matter where or what settings I have going.

Posted by: SwiftChocobo.3781

SwiftChocobo.3781

which driver u using

306, the newest beta one. Reference gtx 680, i5 3750k.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

My FPS was better before the last patch, the game runs terrible now reminds me of beta game play. What ever was done did not benefit everyone.