FPS issue solved

FPS issue solved

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mrbig.8019

Mrbig.8019

After a month i decided to do the kitten by myself.

I decided it was aNet kitten coding fault so i said “it must be some kitten they added last patch” and the responsible was obvious to me:

Coherent UI.

Since working with coding didn’t work, i decided to do it uncoonventionally:

- went in game, removed all my transactions, took all the BLTP related stuff ( gold, stuff etc..)

- went into AppData, deleted roaming/gw2

- went into gw2 installation folder, deleted gw2.tmp

- reboot

- ????

- profit

All my fps issues disappeared.

So, new BLTP seems to interfere between Havoc ( gw2 engine) and some chipsets: mind it, it’s something they added ON PURPOSE, this says it all about devs code testing.

This may sound rough ( infact it is) but after a month of unplayable game it’s kinda ridicolous I WAS THE ONE to find out what was wrong and i’m not even a programmer, i just used my brain ( though i know they understood it way before me but were too arrogant to admit they broke the game for us due to poor testing).

Now fix your kittening game.

Don’t worry, it’s still not playable due to the lag caused by your cardboard servers.

TL:DR

Remove all BLTP related stuff and take all the things you have to withdraw, remove GW2 cache files, reboot and game will work properly again.

And don’t do anything BLTP related till they fix their coding.

What a shame.

(edited by Mrbig.8019)

FPS issue solved

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I have suspected the new TP is the culprit of the recent FPS drop.

Few days ago, I was selling all my mats. Since I had quite a few, it took several minutes (with the TP open) and my CPU started to burn (+90°C).

I have a switchable card (a power-saving, integrated GPU and a high-performance, discrete GPU) and I was using the integrated graphics for the Coherent UI. I switched to the other card and the temp has not raised too much (still, it raise more than before).

As additional note, Chrome is the only program that raised my CPU heat (again, barely fixed using the discrete GPU).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

FPS issue solved

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

By deleting %appdata%/guild wars 2/, you reset your settings. In the past, your settings (Local.dat) could become bloated, which would reduce the performance of the game.

If you want to kill CoherentUI, you can do so by opening the task manager and ending its process.

FPS issue solved

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I hate to break it to you, Mrbig, but that was one of the earliest solutions suggested. What you did is just reset all of your settings. If it had been a long time since you removed your local files, that could have definitely been a problem, but it was also one of the first things I tried — except, when I did it, and allowed it to reset my settings, I backtracked through all of my previous settings to find that it was High-Res Character Textures. For many this has fixed the problem. Others it hasn’t.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/FPS-Issue-with-the-latest-patch-merged/first#post4386197

That was 21 days ago. It does appear that Coherent UI is also a major factor, but it’s not the whole story. I honestly think that the devs have as little a clue as we do as to what they screwed up.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

FPS issue solved

Mrbig.8019

I hate to break it to you, Mrbig, but that was one of the earliest solutions suggested. What you did is just reset all of your settings. If it had been a long time since you removed your local files, that could have definitely been a problem, but it was also one of the first things I tried — except, when I did it, and allowed it to reset my settings, I backtracked through all of my previous settings to find that it was High-Res Character Textures. For many this has fixed the problem. Others it hasn’t.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/tech/FPS-Issue-with-the-latest-patch-merged/first#post4386197

That was 21 days ago. It does appear that Coherent UI is also a major factor, but it’s not the whole story. I honestly think that the devs have as little a clue as we do as to what they screwed up.

No dude u didn’t get my point. I deleted the cache just “in case”, the real problem were the transactions on BLTP.

I tried EVERYTHING i could before doing this ( cores unparking, options reseting, overclocked my both cpu and gpu to ridicolousness levels since i’m already on a high end rig).

The key step was to withdraw everything from BLTP in order to have nothing Coherent UI related while i was playing, i’m pretty sure i could have left both AppData folder and GW2 .tmp where they were.

Just do as i said, and your fps issues ( if you have any) will disappear

By deleting %appdata%/guild wars 2/, you reset your settings. In the past, your settings (Local.dat) could become bloated, which would reduce the performance of the game.

If you want to kill CoherentUI, you can do so by opening the task manager and ending its process.

I did way more than this. Since i noticed that killing it before launching the game would make the launcher crash and since killing it after entering the game did nothing to my fps, i encoded my process killer in order to stop it from starting then launched the game with the -autologin command line.

Still nothing.

Again, our fps issues have nothing to do with our rig or our options, or our folders.

IT’S THE BLTP.

Remove IN GAME everything BLTP related than reboot and the problem is solved.

FPS issue solved

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

After clearing everything, when do the FPS issues begin to occur? As soon as you open the trading post, after you list something, once you have an item to pickup, etc? Are the issues noticeable as early as the character select screen?

You can’t kill CoherentUI while on the launcher because the launcher’s interface is rendered using CoherentUI. The earliest point you can manually kill CoherentUI_Host.exe is on the character select screen.

When you say you reboot, do you mean you have to reboot the computer? Does killing all Gw2.exe and CoherentUI_Host.exe processes not work?

FPS issue solved

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

….

No dude u didn’t get my point. I deleted the cache just “in case”, the real problem were the transactions on BLTP.

From what you originally posted, however, you cannot actually PROVE this…..you changed 2 things at the same time and are “guessing” at which one fixed the problem.

Sorry, no dice (without some additional proof).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

FPS issue solved

Mrbig.8019

….

From what you originally posted, however, you cannot actually PROVE this…..you changed 2 things at the same time and are “guessing” at which one fixed the problem.

Sorry, no dice (without some additional proof).

I deleted only the cache countles times, did nothing to my fps.

Again, the isssue is the BLTP.

Do whatever u want, i said what the problem is, if you want to fix it or not is your choice, who cares lol.