FPS stuck at 12!

FPS stuck at 12!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: RandomWolf.3986

RandomWolf.3986

Something has happened. I have come to notice that my FPS have been dropping to 12. At first it was only on my main character, but then it spreaded to all of my toons for no reason.

If I change the graphical setup to Low or Ultra, FPS will remain the same: 10 – 12.

My laptop isn’t perfect and I used to get an average amount of 25, which was great. 12 FPS make the game utterly unplayable.

It goes away after a few resets or even after restarting my computer, but sooner or later it shows up again.

I’m using a Toshiba Core i3 laptop with a 315M Nvidia.

(edited by RandomWolf.3986)

FPS stuck at 12!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Delete your local.dat file and look if that helps.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

FPS stuck at 12!

RandomWolf.3986

Where can I find such file?

FPS stuck at 12!

Posted by: Whitefang.4968

Whitefang.4968

if you are playing without charger connected, might cause lack of FPS, or the game might be opening in inbuilt graphics card rather than nvidia, you can change that by doing the following:

-Right click desktop and go to “NVIDIA Control Panel”
-Choose “Manage 3D settings”
-in the part of “Preferred graphics processor” choose "high performance nvidia processor.

that might help

FPS stuck at 12!

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Under
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2

Over your startbutton type in %appdata% .. then enter, there you should see
the Guild Wars 2 folder.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

FPS stuck at 12!

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Other possibility is that since this is a laptop and settings did nothing is that it’s a thermal problem.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

FPS stuck at 12!

RandomWolf.3986

Under
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Guild Wars 2

Over your startbutton type in %appdata% .. then enter, there you should see
the Guild Wars 2 folder.

Fixed for a while. Problem got worse. 5 FPS now.

FPS stuck at 12!

RandomWolf.3986

Other possibility is that since this is a laptop and settings did nothing is that it’s a thermal problem.

I’ve been palying GW2 since September. The problem only started to appear this week.

(edited by RandomWolf.3986)

FPS stuck at 12!

RandomWolf.3986

if you are playing without charger connected, might cause lack of FPS, or the game might be opening in inbuilt graphics card rather than nvidia, you can change that by doing the following:

-Right click desktop and go to “NVIDIA Control Panel”
-Choose “Manage 3D settings”
-in the part of “Preferred graphics processor” choose "high performance nvidia processor.

that might help

Can’t seem to find that as I’m Portuguese. is it in-between any special options?

FPS stuck at 12!

Behellagh.1468

I’ve been palying GW2 since September. The problem only started to appear this week.

Exactly. Check to see if the vents are clear and the fan seems to be working. Also it’s not unheard of the heatsink popping off the GPU due to thermal cycling stress and cheap paste. Check the temps on both the CPU and GPU as well as their clockspeeds while running.

RIP City of Heroes

FPS stuck at 12!

RandomWolf.3986

Exactly. Check to see if the vents are clear and the fan seems to be working. Also it’s not unheard of the heatsink popping off the GPU due to thermal cycling stress and cheap paste. Check the temps on both the CPU and GPU as well as their clockspeeds while running.

Fans are acting the way they always did. I actually had them cleaned af ew months ago. Computer isn’t overheating.

FPS stuck at 12!

Behellagh.1468

Just eliminating possibilities.

RIP City of Heroes

FPS stuck at 12!

RandomWolf.3986

Support told me to update drivers. I will NOT do such thing, since the last time I updated resulted in some games turning outright UNPLAYABLE. Computer also lost a good chunk of perfomance after that.

Problem appeared out of nowhere. No one really knows a fix?

FPS stuck at 12!

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

If your not willing to update your drivers then live with it, driver, update are released to game devs for testing and performance improvmrnts Anet sometime will release patches to take advantage of these improvements.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

FPS stuck at 12!

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

If updating drivers is not the way to go, why not just reinstall the current drivers? Has fixed problems for me before.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.