FPS way down since 30 july patch MAC

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: ananda.5946

ananda.5946

My husband and I have both gotten significantly lower fps since the patch on the 30th where a new anti-aliasing option was added.

Examples:
Havoc’s Heir Airship
Pre-patch: 28 fps
Post-patch: 15 fps

Divinity’s Reach:
Pre-patch: 25 or so- it looked okay
Post-patch: 13-16 fps when running between the TP and the bank with other players around (screenshot included with graphic settings)

Malchor’s Leap:
Pre-patch: mid 20s
Post-patch: 4-13 fps – This is totally unplayable and headache inducing.

Computer specs:
OS X Yosemite 10.10.4 (14E46)
iMac (27-inch, Late 2013
3,4 GHz Intel Core i5
8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M 2048 MB

Graphic Settings (see attachment)
Note, I have had these settings working just fine prior to the patch on the 30th.

Attachments:

(edited by ananda.5946)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

1440p doesn’t work on mac anymore at playable framerate. Anet broke something in the last patch. Same issues here.

Posted by: Awesome.8762

Awesome.8762

I can confirm this, the last patch ruined the game for me.

Posted by: Berobad.4536

Berobad.4536

As Ambiant Occulsion and Light Adaption is new, have you tried disabling this options?

Posted by: Awesome.8762

Awesome.8762

As Ambiant Occulsion and Light Adaption is new, have you tried disabling this options?

Yes, of course I tried that.

ananda.5946

Yes. In fact, these new settings are why I knew what my fps was a day earlier. I had switched them on and ran around and watched the fps. Then, with the next patch, there was a large decrease in fps, even with trying various settings including having these both off and using the new anti-aliasing setting.

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Anyone having FPS issues since last patch/this week?
I’m not getting above 9FPS and I’m also getting a quite high ping (150+).

Normally I don’t have this low FPS.
No issues in other games.

Spec:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, medio 2012)
2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB

Edit: It’s only on my main (a necro) which is very weird. It might have something to do with the hero point bug on certain characters (which will have elite spec available in BWE1).

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

(edited by butch.8136)

Xillllix.3485

Yes my fps in 1400p went from 35 to less than 20 on mac, and that’s with lower settings.

I don’t know what their Mac team is doing but I hope they are working on a fix else I’ll ask for a refund when the expansion hits.

Xillllix.3485

Any news on a fix? Would be nice to have the game be playable AND at the same time look nice, like it was before.

Xillllix.3485

There has been a massive performance drop on mac since the last patch and so far we’ve haven’t had any support.

Are there plan to improve things?

ananda.5946

I did guild missions last night and was getting 13-17 fps. The jumping parts were extra challenging this week at that fps rating! And, later, checking my deposits in the new, optimised LA, getting 10 fps!

If the future of the game is these large scale events in new ‘content rich’ multi-tiered areas, it will be impossible to play with the current situation, not to mention the ongoing memory leak in the mac wrapper that the dev have been aware of for a year and still haven’t fixed. I hope ANET decides to do something about the state of the mac beta soon (and maybe communicate).

Attachments:

Posted by: Xisrin.7485

Xisrin.7485

I’d really, really appreciate some word on Anet’s plans for the future of the Mac client! I used to play very frequently with 20-30 fps. For several months this year I’ve had fps at an unplayable level of around 10-15. Sometimes I’d hit 20 when standing still in a simple area. Now I’m averaging 6-10. This problem is getting worse.
I’ve been playing these games for years and really want to preorder and play HoT, but I’m not so sure I’m going to do that if this problem isn’t addressed. I really doubt I’m the only one. Please Anet, throw us a bone here!

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Fixed for me. I probably had another issue than you guys. Good luck!

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Xillllix.3485

Fixed for me. I probably had another issue than you guys. Good luck!

I was shocked recently when I bought a game that worked perfectly at maximum settings, as my Guild Wars 2 performance has plummeted even at minimum settings.

Something just isn’t right, it’s like the bug where the interface was eating half the fps.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Yeah, something really bad has happened with the Mac client. I used to get 30-40 FPS in most areas aside from really high traffic areas like world bosses with a mix of medium and high settings. Now even with everything set to lowest I stay around 20 FPS in areas with no one around and single digits in crowded areas. Something has gone really really wrong.

;)

ananda.5946

Any official word about fixing this? The mac wrapper is in terrible place with both this and the memory leak that has been a Known Issue for a year, plus that causes us to crash if we do group events (aka most of the GW2 level 80 content).

Posted by: maokomioko.4035

maokomioko.4035

Same here. I was playing with rMBP 15" late 2013 with intel HD 5200.
Which was doing 30+FPS in crowded areas with “shaders quality” set to high.
But now I have 3 to 9 FPS even while sticking camera to the floor. Lowering shaders to the lowest setting restores FPS, but quality is terrible.

Posted by: wcpemm.1497

wcpemm.1497

Came back recently after about a month-long hiatus and was unpleasantly surprised by this. Even turning everything down to low doesn’t help and I have a beast of a mac. I was really looking forward to playing again but this might make me cancel my preorder.

Posted by: Qugi.2653

Qugi.2653

Yeah this is a big problem since about a month. Might have to submit support ticket to see if arena net knows of problem.

;)

Posted by: Merklynn.1849

Merklynn.1849

Hi all,

New to the game, started playing 3 days ago.

Installed on iMac 27", i5, 32GB, nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB, 1440p resolution.

Performance is quite shocking if I was brutally honest. The graphics quality I can live with, but it’s the smoothness of the frame rate that I can’t handle. For example, I’m running a long the road, frame rate is smooth, then it drops, stutters for a second or two and then goes smooth. Very annoying.

Installed the GW 2 on Windows 7 Professional under Boot Camp on the SAME machine, much better performance (no stutter) with better graphics settings.

I am glad to read it is a recent ‘problem/bug’; I hope ArenaNet fixes it soon.

(edited by Merklynn.1849)

Posted by: Moira Shalaar.5620

Moira Shalaar.5620

I have been meaning to post about this issue and glad to find this thread. I am having the same issue and have been since around the timeframe of the July 28th update.

I am averaging about 19fps, with drops as low as 9 and peaks around 25. I am not sure that this is solely related to the client only because I have seen two times that I had much more normal frame rates. One time I logged in on a morning (around 45 fps) and another time I saw the difference when I went from PvE to WvW (64 fps). Right now I had a very rare 35-37fps while standing in Holbrack which dropped to 19 fps when I jumped into Lion’s Arch.

I am running a mid 2011 27in iMac; 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz i7; 16GB RAM; Radeon 6970 2GB. I already use the graphics presetting for best performance running at 2560×1440 because of another long running graphics bug going back to 2013.

on my 2013 15in MBP; 10.9.5 I ran a quick comparison test. I had 102-122fps while standing in Holbrack. Once I jumped into Lion’s Arch it dropped to 33fps.

I’m on SoR, although I don’t know if that makes difference these days with the mega-server arrangement.

mid-2011 iMac; OSX 10.9.5; 3.4 GHz Core i7;
16GB RAM; AMD Radeon 6970M 2GB VRAM