False alarm (hacking) - looking for answers

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

I was suddenly disconnected to character select without any disconnect or error message. I’m not entirely dumb, so I rushed onto account.guildwars2.com and checked the logins.

I have email authentication on, and somehow under current logins there was a “TX” – I’m assuming Texas, US. I’m not from texas. I immediately disconnected the login. (It was only listed under current logins, it was not under authorized netoworks)

Now when I go to account.guildwars2.com it does not make sense. It keeps changing every time I refresh the page. Half the time it says I don’t have email authentication activated and no current or authorized logins, half the time it looks as it should.

I also just get this message half the time:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error code=“48” module=“3” line=“288” text=“callback (): TypeError: Cannot call method ‘split’ of undefined TypeError: Cannot call method ‘split’ of undefined at Object.<anonymous> (Account/before.js:19:43) at Library/lib-troll.js:295:36 at Object.<anonymous> (Account/before.js:95:21) at Library/sugar-sts.js:150:73”/>

Edit, although it took 5 attempts for the site to accept a change of password, I think it’s changed now. I don’t dare logging out of my game though.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Posted by: SeNoZinD.9874

SeNoZinD.9874

You’re not getting hacked, same exact thing happened to me. Trust me, it’s just guild wars 2 glitching out and the texas thing is from the gw2 server.

Treeline.3865

You’re not getting hacked, same exact thing happened to me. Trust me, it’s just guild wars 2 glitching out and the texas thing is from the gw2 server.

I did consider that the US GW2 server is in Texas, but a) I’m an EU player and b) why would they log into my account? Not saying I don’t believe you, but I need some comfort here!

SeNoZinD.9874

Yeah, I don’t know either. Also, you would probably notice that the texas log in was at the EXACT same time as you logged in. Maybe thats some comfort?

Treeline.3865

Yeah, I don’t know either. Also, you would probably notice that the texas log in was at the EXACT same time as you logged in. Maybe thats some comfort?

Both logins did say 2 hours… You are getting to me. Why does the page keep bugging out? Newest error message:

Page not found
File
C:\ArenaNet\lLive.301\Web\JsAccount\Public\account\security\index.html
JsSrv11/(numbers im not sure I should post here)

SeNoZinD.9874

Now that, I dont know. Definitely not your fault though. It’s the website’s server messing up.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Treeline.3865

Thanks for all the quick answers, I was freaking out a bit as this account is like.. You know 10k achievement points, rank 30pvp, lots of ascended thingies, minipets and so on. I’d hate to get hacked!

If there are some Anet crew around I’d love an explanation as to how:
- Your server shows as logged in on my account. (I’m in Denmark, you’re in Texas)
- How (I’m assuming here) I’m disconnected to character select without any kind of error message on the same time that your server is listed as currently logged in
- Why I can’t use my account site at all – Various error messages, won’t accept me changing password, list of networks not consistant, doesn’t know I have email authentication half the time.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

There seems to be a chat code link that forces all players in the zone that see it to be knocked back to character select screen. It was probably this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/broken-chat-code-kicking-EVERYONE-from-game

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Chat-code-crashes-server

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Treeline.3865

Hah, that’s amazing! I was working on Master of Baubles all alone in SAB though, so I doubt that’s what happened