Final thoughts and solution's to game crashing

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Mraz.3057

Mraz.3057

EDIT: about FPS and drivers
Please try this and tell me if it works for you!

Just wanted to jump in one last time to give you all heads up with problems of game constantly crashing, giving out of memory/not enough memory issues, weird FPS and graphic problems as well as BSOD and PC freezing.

I was in the same boat as you guys I ran memtest and tried absolutely everything that came across my mind from OS fresh installation, driver updates/uninstalling, chipset and BIOS updating, to even phisically changing my RAM and spending over 100$ on new RAM, and…

NOTHING HELPED

BUT

I’ve managed to fix my crashes by doing this steps:

1) Changed in game graphic options my resolution to – Windowed mode Fullscreen!
2) Overclocking my video card for only 100 mhz on core clock speed and memory speed.

Since these two steps I took it has been over 5 days now, and I am playing without a single crash since, and my FPS from 1-20 is now around 80 average on everything maxed!

Some also mentioned underclocking your GPU, and fixing they’r crashing as well, so you might wanna try that as well.

My rig is:

W7 64 bit
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE(overclocked to 4.0 Ghz)
ATi Radeon Sapphire 7950, 3Gb, 384 bit (Catalyst 12.8)
OLD RAM: Kingston, 8 Gb 1333mhz, CAS9
NEW RAM: Corsair Vengeance, 8 Gb 1600 mhz, CAS8

I wish the best of luck for all of you guys and girls that still have these problems!

(edited by Mraz.3057)

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

You say the oc on your gpu was the fix ,but on the bottom of your post you have OLD —> NEW ram.That could have been the issue aswell as that kingston ram you had wasn’t that great compared to corsair’s.

Posted by: Mraz.3057

Mraz.3057

You say the oc on your gpu was the fix ,but on the bottom of your post you have OLD —> NEW ram.That could have been the issue aswell as that kingston ram you had wasn’t that great compared to corsair’s.

Nope, if you read once more, you will notice that even after changing the RAM my game was still crashing!

After doing these two steps my game was and is still running stable for over 10 hours straight when I tested it the first day, and ever since I am playing without any problems whatsoever!