FoV Beta for Mac Beta

FoV Beta for Mac Beta

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: chibitofu.4356

chibitofu.4356

Q:

Hi, I was wondering if it’s possible to turn the FoV beta mode on the Mac client. The current method mentioned in the FoV post is PC specific. I’m sure I’m not the only one who wants to test it out.

FoV Beta for Mac Beta

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

A:

Eeeek. Do not take my word for this…
I have not tried this, I can’t even confirm I’m looking in the right place, or that this will do anything.

But if you want to give this a try then make a backup of your Guild Wars 2 app (Copy it to some folder out of the way)
Go to your applications folder>.Right Click Guild Wars 2>>Show Package Contents>>Contents>>Resources>>CiderSettings.plist

In that file there is a line which says —cmdline followed by two quotation marks.
Try chucking -testVerticalFov inside those quotation marks and then cross your fingers that it works?

Alternatively: Wait a few seconds for some moderator to tell me that I’m wrong and it’s dangerous to touch that file or something of the sort xD.

FoV Beta for Mac Beta

Posted by: chibitofu.4356

chibitofu.4356

I can confirm that this works. Just make sure you put it in between the "". If you put it anywhere else, it will stop your client from opening. Also, as long as you just make a copy of the .plist file, you should be fine, and don’t need to back up the entire game. Hopefully Anet can confirm that this is the proper way, even though it seems to be working just fine.

Here’s a pic of what the fov looks like on and off.

Attachments:

FoV Beta for Mac Beta

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Oh wow. GO me!

Did you notice a dip in FPS?

FoV Beta for Mac Beta

Posted by: elithrar.7143

elithrar.7143

Oh wow. GO me!

Did you notice a dip in FPS?

Not the other poster, but there is a slight drop in FPS, as to be expected by rendering more of the environment. However, it seems to be very minimal on my machine (i7/12GB/6970M 27") given that the FOV increase is also relatively conservative (a good thing!).

Anecdotally I’d say a 2-3% frame rate drop at most, even in busy environments.

[TKG] Mollify

FoV Beta for Mac Beta

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

i didn’t even need to do this, it is already working with the improved fov, i think it was implemented secretly on the last update. Im loving the new fov settings!

Aden

FoV Beta for Mac Beta

Posted by: Naqaj.6219

Naqaj.6219

Haven’t tested it since the update, but that would explain the sudden drop in FPS several people are experiencing.

FoV Beta for Mac Beta

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

if i zoom out to the max then yeah the fps does drop, but it doesnt bother ad much since is just a small drop to me, I still get 24 fps on lions arch, and 30 on other areas