Fps down by 35 since update

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: shadowhearts.5268

shadowhearts.5268

And the lag is terrible. Is anyone else having similar issues?

Posted by: abbetd.5912

abbetd.5912

My wife noticed a small framerate drop. I have not, though, which is weird because her computer has a dedicated graphics card and mine does not.

Posted by: Kysin.6349

Kysin.6349

Yep, my FPS is down at least 40 in Dry Top.

Co-leader of Knights of Eminence[Sir] – PvX
Reap The Weak[Reap] – WvW 5-man havok
-Blackgate

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Try tweaking the new FoV settings. An increase in your field of view can make the system render more objects and slow things down.

Also, note that GW2 puts more strain on the CPU than the GPU, so the graphics card isn’t necessarily the deciding factor.

Hope that helps a little!

I should be writing.

Kysin.6349

Me and a friend have the exact same CPU, he is now getting 40+ higher FPS than me.

-Blackgate

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Kysin.6349

For those experiencing it, it is the UI. If you hide your UI (Shift+ctrl+H), then it should be back to normal. This is NOT a fix, but at least we know it is the UI…

-Blackgate

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My Frames been fine but I been lagging/rubberbanding all over the place. Decided to take a break for todaisy. :>

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Scott.1653

Scott.1653

For those experiencing it, it is the UI. If you hide your UI (Shift+ctrl+H), then it should be back to normal. This is NOT a fix, but at least we know it is the UI…

This works, I go back to 80 fps from 25. But what next. Anet needs to fix this now.

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Confirmed. Works for me.

All I wanted to do was run jumping puzzles with the new camera, so this helps me a lot, for now.

Good to know it’s not something in engine they messed up. Traditional GUI systems have always been massive resource drains with over the top draw calls. It may be something simple they can fix in their texture optimization. Considering a number of missing textures have been reported, including in the UI, that’s likely the case.

Posted by: LucosTheDutch.4819

LucosTheDutch.4819

I noticed a FPS drop as well. The drop becomes worse when you increase the FoV and zoom out your camera. I wen’t from running the game at ~120 FPS to now sitting at ~35 FPS in the city hubs such as Lion’s Arch and Divinity’s Reach. I’m not very happy with this. You’d think my PC should be able to handle at least 60 FPS.

My specs:

Gigabyte GTX 970 4G Gaming Edition
Intel i7 “Ivy Bridge” 3770K 4,5Ghz (OCed)
8GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

I noticed a FPS drop as well. The drop becomes worse when you increase the FoV and zoom out your camera. I wen’t from running the game at ~120 FPS to now sitting at ~35 FPS in the city hubs such as Lion’s Arch and Divinity’s Reach. I’m not very happy with this. You’d think my PC should be able to handle at least 60 FPS.

My specs:

Gigabyte GTX 970 4G Gaming Edition
Intel i7 “Ivy Bridge” 3770K 4,5Ghz (OCed)
8GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz DDR3 RAM

I’d use MSI Afterburner to see my VRAM usage, if i were you. A lot of the new options might raise VRAM usage by a lot. And the GTX 970 was advertised as a 4 gigs VRAM card, when it in fact it have 3,5 gigs. If the VRAM usage goes above the 3,5 gigs, you will experience performance drops.
http://www.pcgamer.com/why-nvidias-gtx-970-slows-down-using-more-than-35gb-vram/

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I have yet to actually play the game, as I haven’t had a lot of time and have just been playing with the camera and checking out the new weapons and faces. But even just idling around town I’ve noticed a drop. I usually run about 25-30FPS in cities (yah, my vid card is pretty bad… been meaning to upgrade it for a year now) and now I’m down to 15 or so.

Posted by: Sharlesee.1956

Sharlesee.1956

For me, I always had really bad lagging issues, but the frames per second (fps) dropped drastically to the point where it is unplayable. All my settings are set on the lowest possible and have not changed since I started playing the game. I never had the highest fps to begin with, averaging around 8-10 frames per second or 5-7 depending on high activity in the PvE area. Now, after this recent update, I tried different areas to test the frame rates.
Kessex Hills used to be around 8 fps, now it’s 2-4, average 3 fps.
Sparkfly Fen, usually 7 fps, now it is 2 fps.
Lornar’s Pass, was 8 frames per second, now it is 2 fps.
Straights of Devastation was around 6 fps, now it is 2 fps and finally,
Wayfarer Foothills was around 10 frames per second, and it is now 2 fps.

I also tried hiding the User Interface (UI) to see if there was any changes and the result is that I gained 1 fps at the most, if any. The Field of View (FoV) has not changed either.

As for a ‘solution’ to the problem, I have none, except to give Anet some time to work on it and see what the result is. Hopefully, the frame rates will go back to what they were before the update.

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

Didn’t restore my FPS to how it was before, but gave me back about 7-8 frames.

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

Posted by: Voluptus.3509

Voluptus.3509

The UI has always dragged on the system. It was most obvious when running in Linux, where I had mapped the Show/Hide UI toggle to a key in order to keep frame rates up.

Not sure why Windows users are just now noticing it but it’s always been a thing to a greater or lesser extent. Maybe it was just more obvious on Linux until the latest patch.

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

If you change the FoV from normal to Max it will drop your fps.

I have around 60 fps with the old FoV in HoTM. When changing to max FoV it drops to 30-40 fps.

Try setting your FoV to 50% of the bar (the same as the old one) and see if it goes back to old fps.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Barret.4095

Barret.4095

what’s FoV?

and yea if anyone has found a fix let me know please thanks this game has been unplayable since the patch

“For those whose time and dedication went above and beyond, only to achieve mediocrity”

Kysin.6349

It isnt FoV for me or a friend who have the issue. In fact the is very little difference for me whether FoV is maxed or normal. But yeah as for me and a number of other people it is the UI. I have tried every setting on the camera, my fps will change maybe 4-5fps depending. However, if I turn the UI off I get about 50-55 fps jump (in a good way).

-Blackgate

Posted by: Aliosne.1023

Aliosne.1023

For me, I always had really bad lagging issues, but the frames per second (fps) dropped drastically to the point where it is unplayable. All my settings are set on the lowest possible and have not changed since I started playing the game. I never had the highest fps to begin with, averaging around 8-10 frames per second or 5-7 depending on high activity in the PvE area. Now, after this recent update, I tried different areas to test the frame rates.
Kessex Hills used to be around 8 fps, now it’s 2-4, average 3 fps.
Sparkfly Fen, usually 7 fps, now it is 2 fps.
Lornar’s Pass, was 8 frames per second, now it is 2 fps.
Straights of Devastation was around 6 fps, now it is 2 fps and finally,
Wayfarer Foothills was around 10 frames per second, and it is now 2 fps.

I also tried hiding the User Interface (UI) to see if there was any changes and the result is that I gained 1 fps at the most, if any. The Field of View (FoV) has not changed either.

As for a ‘solution’ to the problem, I have none, except to give Anet some time to work on it and see what the result is. Hopefully, the frame rates will go back to what they were before the update.

I am in the same boat, cannot play and none of the (temp) fixes help. I’ve got Intel HD 4400 graphics, not exactly impressive to begin with (between30-40FPS on average), but I could play without any issues up to now.
Eagerly waiting for Anet to sort this out : )

Posted by: soistheman.7208

soistheman.7208

I fixed it by doing below. It worked for me.

• Adjusting collision sensitivity all the way to left. (FPS backed up from 15-ish to 60)
  • Adjusting Field of View to get good balance of FoV vs FPS
Elementalist lover since GW1. It’s the only profession I play!

Posted by: Aliosne.1023

Aliosne.1023

I fixed it by doing below. It worked for me.

• Adjusting collision sensitivity all the way to left. (FPS backed up from 15-ish to 60)
  • Adjusting Field of View to get good balance of FoV vs FPS

Changing FoV had no effect, but lowering the collision sensitivity helpes, thanks for the tip ! :)
It is now at ~20FPS, so at least enough to make it playable.

Posted by: Lilian on Top.1509

Lilian on Top.1509

Hey Guys, same Issue on german servers. Still no statement from Anet.

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

FoV = field of view.

With the new camera options we can have a larger FoV. Larger FoV = lower fps

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Wintyr.1780

Wintyr.1780

FoV = field of view.

With the new camera options we can have a larger FoV. Larger FoV = lower fps

and what if you never changed your FOV and still lost 1/2 your fps

Kysin.6349

They REALLY need to address this issue, this is a huge problem for a lot of people. And as much as I appreciate people trying to help, there is really no need to talk about FoV anymore. It is not the problem, we are having issues in the default camera view, with some of us suffering from up to a 50fps drop.

-Blackgate

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

pls pls pls Anet
fix it :/

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Engelsstaub.4356

Engelsstaub.4356

This is funny, especially in big blobs in WvW. With FoV at:

- 0-30%: ~20-25FPS
- 30-100%: ~5-15FPS

while looking at the same zerg in the same place (just stacking and killing siege on a wall). The test repeated many times.

Without blob on the screen it drops from 60 to 30fps.

It’s funny because there is a certain point below which framerates stays high and when u move the slider just 1 pixel to the right fps drop by more than half. Between let’s say 50% and 100% there is almost 0fps difference.

Playing on laptop with i7-3630QM, 16GB of RAM and a Radeon 7970M.

One thing is, that when you move FoV slider fps drops heavily for a few seconds to go a bit up after. So it’s better to wait a few seconds after moving it while adjusting.

(edited by Engelsstaub.4356)

Kysin.6349

So I tried disabling my Crossfire, and I went up 3 FPS…

-Blackgate

Posted by: Feirlista Xv.1425

Feirlista Xv.1425

This looks like a bug, I lost almost 35fps, I moved the collition slider to the left, and got most of my fps back. Then moved the FOV to the center then fps dropped by about 45 then I clicked on Restore Defaults and it went back up to 80 fps. I’m not sure but it looks to be an issue with the new camera system try moving the sliders around then click on the Restore Defaults this may fix it it did for me for the time being.

Opinions are like ______ everyone has one I could
put the correct term in but not everyone has kittens

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I have the same issue, it’s game breaking. I wont bother playing until it’s fixed.

Posted by: Fluorescence.4539

Fluorescence.4539

Yeah it’s clearly the UI. When I hide it, even in LA I go up to 45+ fps. When I show my UI again, it drops to a 20 fps.
The tips in the sticky does help a little, but not that much. My FPS got up but should be more like when the UI is hidden.

I hope you guys can find what causes this. Gl

(edited by Fluorescence.4539)

Posted by: Nero.3654

Nero.3654

WTB fps for Guild Wars 2 pm:P

Posted by: chepe.9650

chepe.9650

Then this thread died without a real solution?
The only way is to hide the UI (Shift + Ctrl + H)?
I think this is a very serious error the last patch and it’s not my fault that will undermine fps is therefore a bad programming. If I bought a product should provide a real solution, or put an option to “disconnect” the new camera.

(edited by chepe.9650)

Posted by: King Slacker.1843

King Slacker.1843

Has ANet stated anywhere that they are working on this? I can’t find it anywhere. How much does it take to make a simple statement that they acknowledge it and are working on it?

They immediately Tweeted the golem problem. Looks to me like they are throwing the middle finger at the people that can no longer play the game because of the FPS issues they caused.

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Has ANet stated anywhere that they are working on this? I can’t find it anywhere. How much does it take to make a simple statement that they acknowledge it and are working on it?

They immediately Tweeted the golem problem. Looks to me like they are throwing the middle finger at the people that can no longer play the game because of the FPS issues they caused.

Yes, this thread is now getting responses from their lead engine developer.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/FPS-DROP-after-Patch/page/8#post4901789

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD