Fps issue Frame Skipping/Stuttering (Nvidia 580M) Desperate!

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Rahsaan.5264

Rahsaan.5264

Since launch of guild wars 2 I have started getting Frame skipping otherwise known as frame stuttering this occurs every 5seconds and makes me have a massie fps drop for a second or so causing a major slow down spike then in a few seconds going back up fps, this occurs no matter what graphics setting I am on so it happens on max and lowest I am not sure why this keeps happening because it is only on this game it is no happening on any other. I have ran 3dmark on my system and I got the best results. Also the graphics look fine its just this problem that keeps happening I’d love some help from anyone or any advice im willing to try please help, I’ve been playing with it for a while now and I started pvp and it makes it so hard to play because during that fps drop alot can happen (mostly me ending up dead) if you wan’t to see a video of this heres the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9RlOIoJY7s&feature=youtu.be

My specs are as follows:

2 580M SLI NVIDIA GRAPHIC CARDS

32GB RAM

I7 – 2960M 2.70GHZ BOOSTS TO 3.7

512GB SOLID STATE DRIVE

(Yes I have an alienware sue me >…<)

Its Good To Be The King

Posted by: Latency.3907

Latency.3907

I’d take a hard look at your nvidia graphics control panel options. SLI can be tricky and buggy both on driver and/or game side. Sometimes it may even be a BIOS setting tweak you may need to make.

Posted by: Alpha Dragon.4576

Alpha Dragon.4576

Hi,

Can you try to update your video card drivers? http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-306.02-beta-driver.html

Also try limiting your frame rate there’s an option ingame try to limit it to 60. Also try to disable SLI in the mean time. See if it helps with the stuttering.

- Dare to be Different –
Eternal Breaker[ExB] || Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Rahsaan.5264

Rahsaan.5264

I’d take a hard look at your nvidia graphics control panel options. SLI can be tricky and buggy both on driver and/or game side. Sometimes it may even be a BIOS setting tweak you may need to make.

I’ve updated all drivers so I know its not that and SLI is disabled

Its Good To Be The King