Fractals turn off my PC

Fractals turn off my PC

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Flavvor.2648

Flavvor.2648

For the last 2 weeks when ever I go into FOTM my pc turns off after 1 of 3. Not sure why it’s doing it. I had no problem before but 2 weeks ago it started.
My rig is not overheating. I can play GW2 for hours and hours and hours. When ever i do FOTM after the firt run or during it my PC turns off. It’s like someone unplugged it. It’s really odd and not sure why it’s happening.
This does not happen on any other game.

Has this happend to anyone else?

Fractals turn off my PC

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Seems like hardware issues. You claim its not overheating, but how are you measuring?Have you been using HwINFO or similar tool to monitor CPU/GPU/chipset temps during FOTM run?

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Fractals turn off my PC

Posted by: Morbis.7956

Morbis.7956

+1 for hardware issues.

Take a look at your power supply as well. A faulty or underpowered PSU can lead to seemingly random shutdowns.

Fractals turn off my PC

Posted by: Flavvor.2648

Flavvor.2648

If it was my power supply then it would turn off anytime I play GW2 not just FOTM only.
It never gets above 75 degrees(ferinhite). Something just doesn’t work correctly when I enter FOTM.

Also thanks for responding.

Fractals turn off my PC

Posted by: Morbis.7956

Morbis.7956

Are you able to do other dungeons fine? How about WvW with a lot of action going on?

It seems odd that it would be a FOTM specific issue…

Fractals turn off my PC

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Some component in your system is overloading the Power Supply (or the Power Supply is overheating and shutting down). It’s entirely possible the FoTM are using some resources (video calls, more memory, etc.) that the other portions of the game do not use and those are the “tipping point” on whatever hardware is failing.

If it was a generic issue with FoTM code, there would be massive complaints about it.

One thing you could try is completely reload the game and re-load the DAT file….you could have some sort of corruption in the FoTM portion of the data….?

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Fractals turn off my PC

Posted by: kirito.4138

kirito.4138

Try stress testing your system. Run prime95/OCCT/furmarks and whatever else you have all at once to put as much load on the system. Leave it for a bit and watch the temps. See if your computer shuts down.

http://www.twitch.tv/kirito4138
The only exclusive skyhammer stream

Fractals turn off my PC

Posted by: megaflux.5273

megaflux.5273

NOT a hardware issue (though i dont blame you for thinking along those lines). I have had the same issue lately. happens with no other game (or benchmark) and no other part of GW2, just fractals. i just ran my 200th and of those it has crashed maybe 15 times, i was looking this issue up before replacing parts (and am glad i did).

Fractals turn off my PC

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Try rightclick “Computer” in the start menu and select “Properties”, then click advanced system setting at the left of that window you got, then go to the advanced tab and and click the “setting…” under the Startup and recovery section and uncheck the “Restart automatically” next time you likely get the so called BSOD or Blue screen of death, once that happen write down the error code there and then restart your comp and google that code, and you will be able to quite easy find the exact reason and likely a solution too