Frame rate issues

Frame rate issues

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Undo.5091

Undo.5091

I’ve been playing GW2 since the release and the game has been running fine until recently. Yes, I’ve seen many other topics about lag/frame-dropping in dungeons, etc, but this is slightly different (or at least I think).

Ever since the big patch, I’ve been having odd spikes in my game. I will be standing still and looking into an open field with ~120 FPS (low settings), have a single mob or skill be cast somewhere in my view, and watch my FPS plummet from 120 to 40 to 15 and immediately hop back to 100+. This happens no matter what settings I am using in game (High/Med/Low). I have never had this issue with the game until the last patch, nor do I currently have this issue with any other game.

Soo.. the main point to this post.. Is this the same issue that everyone else is having? Whether or not it is… does anyone have a solution that could help me out? Thanks!!

Soo.. the main point to this post.. Is this the same issue that everyone else is having? Whether or not it is… does anyone have a solution that could help me out? Thanks!!Edit: I just noticed Aberrant’s post, which sounds like the same issue I’m having, so at least I’m not alone.

Engineer (XIII) (KoTR)
Darkhaven

(edited by Undo.5091)

Frame rate issues

Posted by: Knosoteric.3521

Knosoteric.3521

It’s happened to me too.

Frame rate issues

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x