Free Trial Questions and Issues [merged]

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Zack.5832

Zack.5832

i go to my acount and click invite a freind however it says “not availble” i havent invited a single person
anyone know how to fix please reply

(edited by Zack.5832)

Posted by: MizoreRainy.6123

MizoreRainy.6123

Will the account/character will be deleted after the trail period if they didn’t upgrade the account?

Posted by: greensuitjacket.9180

greensuitjacket.9180

I sent my trial keys to a friend and they were not able to log in. Says the codes are not valid. My account is in good standing and I’ve had it since before launch. Why do my trial keys not work?

Posted by: Aran Draconis.7340

Aran Draconis.7340

My friend has been trying to upgrade his account from trial to full, he seems to be having issues, the confirmation button remains grayed out even after all information is entered.

Posted by: Taithrah.3408

Taithrah.3408

My friend has been trying to upgrade his account from trial to full, he seems to be having issues, the confirmation button remains grayed out even after all information is entered.

I had the some problem, but it worked when I tried again now. But i also used the full 9 digit zip instead of the normal 5. I’m guessing it was a server overload however.

Regardless, try it now.

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

I have invited my friend to play gw2.
When will the upgrading offer end ? at 7:00 AM ( GMT ) on 19 November ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Posted by: egg.5862

egg.5862

Hello,
If I gave a free trial account to someone, and say they do not upgrade immediately after the event, how long will the account be in existence? I understand that the person I gave this free trial to cannot access the game, but she does not have the funds to purchase an upgrade now either. So point being, is there a time limit in which an inactive free trial account may be deleted for inactivity? (Ex: like in diablo 2 characters not used within 90 days are deleted).

Posted by: Recipe.6297

Recipe.6297

Hello,
If I gave a free trial account to someone, and say they do not upgrade immediately after the event, how long will the account be in existence? I understand that the person I gave this free trial to cannot access the game, but she does not have the funds to purchase an upgrade now either. So point being, is there a time limit in which an inactive free trial account may be deleted for inactivity? (Ex: like in diablo 2 characters not used within 90 days are deleted).

I am in the same situation. Anyone care to shed some light on this?

Posted by: Thornum.8607

Thornum.8607

Same question here. Will me friend be able to upgrade after the trial period?

Posted by: Zeta Epyon.2168

Zeta Epyon.2168

I had the some problem, but it worked when I tried again now. But i also used the full 9 digit zip instead of the normal 5. I’m guessing it was a server overload however.

Regardless, try it now.

I was having the same issue and tried the full ZIP+4 and it immediately worked. Makes me wonder if it’s really overload or not…

Posted by: Paladin Warudelin.9514

Paladin Warudelin.9514

Hey, if my friend is on a trial, is there anyway he can merge a cd key he got from gamestop yesterday?

Posted by: Recipe.6297

Recipe.6297

Everyone who is concerned about using a serial code to upgrade the trial account OTHER THAN FROM UPGRADING DIRECTLY FROM IN-GAME, listen up!

I bit the bullet and decided to buy the game. I wanted to purchase the game elsewhere since I found it for cheaper. I was worried that if I bought the game outside of Guild Wars 2 in-game, I would not be able to keep my character.

Simply put, all you have to do is follow the instructions here: https://en.support.guildwars2.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9054

It upgraded my current account and I still have my character.

However, it did change the last four digits of my account, specially the last two digits (went up by two).

Hope this clears the air!

Posted by: MylesTheLionGomez.1496

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

Sent the invite a friend to my gf, she downloaded game client and handled the email stuff but when she laucher the client its black say 100% downloaded but no where to login

Diadi: Guardian 80
Lyonrwar: Ranger 80 Lyonswrath: Mesmer 80
SoR :: Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: MylesTheLionGomez.1496

MylesTheLionGomez.1496

nevermind tried it a third time and got a msg that said a serious error had occured and sending notication to Anet and suggested to restart so i restarted and then download client lauched normal and is updating files so we good thanks

Diadi: Guardian 80
Lyonrwar: Ranger 80 Lyonswrath: Mesmer 80
SoR :: Ethereal Guardians

Posted by: Steelfoot.1052

Steelfoot.1052

Hey, this is a relatively minor problem so far, but still it’s making me kind of anxious about possible issues in the future arising from it, and there’s nothing in the thread about anything like it, so I might as well post it.

Long story short, instead of upgrading my account from the trial through the prompt in-game, I bought a digital copy on the site and went through the process to tie a serial code to an existing account as described here in the support section. Upon doing so, I was logged out of my account on the site, and upon logging back in, discovered that instead of Steelfoot.1049, I was now Steelfoot.1052. This extended into the game itself. I still seem to have access to my character, bank, and so on, and my friends list seems okay, but I don’t know if it affected anything else, since I have no way to check (I had no mail from any player, so I can’t tell if I lost any or not) so I’m kind of worried that I might run into an issue at some point in the future, or worse, lost my character tomorrow after the trial ends.

Plus, I feel kind of awkward being three ID numbers off from where I started, and my booster pack hasn’t come yet.

Is this normal behavior for an upgrade? Did my somewhat roundabout process of upgrading make any difference at all? Is the ID number change a regular symptom of the upgrade, or signs of something more sinister? Can I get my old number back? Am I a big hypochondriac baby?

Thank you in advance!