Freezing When GW2 is in the Background

Freezing When GW2 is in the Background

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Phoenix Jaydefire.2538

Phoenix Jaydefire.2538

After the update today, I was playing the game, alt-tabbed, and my PC had a graphical glitch moments later which screwed up the screen and forced me to restart. I turned my PC back on, logged into the game again, and alt-tabbed while waiting for a loading screen. My PC froze and again I had to restart.

I updated my graphics card driver to make sure that was not the issue. For a few hours, I did other things and my PC didn’t freeze once. I logged in to Guild Wars 2 again, played for about 15 minutes, and alt-tabbed. My PC froze yet again. This only started happening since the update and so far it has only happened when Guild Wars 2 is in the background.

For reference, I am using the 64-bit client, I have Windows 10 and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti graphics card, and, until today, I haven’t had a single problem running Guild Wars 2 on Windows 10 (I upgraded about two months ago).

Any idea what could be causing this problem and/or if it is indeed related to the game (it seems to me it is considering the update and it only occurring when Guild Wars 2 is running)?

Thanks.