Frequency Out of Range

Frequency Out of Range

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Alecs is Alecs.4820

Alecs is Alecs.4820

I was in graphics options and selected the screen frequency rate or whatever it’s called. I didn’t really know what it did, so I turned it up as high as it could go. It was a bad mistake because now I just have a black screen whenever I log in and text that says “Frequency out of range”. I can hear the music and everything, but can’t go to the options screen to turn it back. Any help would be awesome. I also tried uninstalling and re-installing it, didn’t work.

Frequency Out of Range

Posted by: Nate Anabe.6091

Nate Anabe.6091

Try deleting your local.dat file in your documents/gw2 folder just make sure you remember what you login credentials are.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
—Napoleon Bonaparte

Frequency Out of Range

Posted by: Shinzou.1534

Shinzou.1534

Sounds like you have a CRT monitor and you set the refresh rate higher than the monitor supports.

Doing what nate suggested should work, as that file contains the game settings I believe.

Reinstalling the game wouldn’t have resolved this, as uninstalling does not touch the files in your documents folder. This is so you will have the same settings the next time you install the game. Normally is is a convenience, but in this case it is a hinderance.

Frequency Out of Range

Posted by: Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Jazhara Knightmage.4389

Shinzou: this is common with lcd’s as well, easiest fix is alt+enter it will take you to windowed mode, then you can set the refresh rate and reset the game to full screen.

in the case of some older games, you have to use command line arguements or edit config files by hand to fix it…..(hell even some newer source based ones will do this even if you set the game properly with the in game gui…..its crazy)

if deleting the local.dat dosnt work, try alt+enter

AMD FX-8350@4.8ghz on air(SilverArrowSB-E Extreme) , 32gb 1866mhz(10-11-10 cr1)
PCP&C 1200watt TC, Crosshair V F-Z, Sapphire 290x

Frequency Out of Range

Posted by: Alecs is Alecs.4820

Alecs is Alecs.4820

Thank you guys very much. Fixed it up right away (: