Frequent client crashes.

Frequent client crashes.

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: agrias.7160

agrias.7160

No idea why it’s happening. I’ll attach the crash log. Basically just happens when I log in, usually when I’m interacting with an npc, or something needs to load like the TP, and sometimes happens on the character screen when I first start the client.

Attachments:

Frequent client crashes.

Posted by: Jon Olson

Jon Olson

Programmer

Next

c0000409 is a stack overflow. It’s difficult to say what may be causing these. However, it does appear you are using the 32-bit client on a 64-bit machine. Have you tried the 64-bit client?

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Frequent client crashes.

agrias.7160

I am? Hmm. Maybe that’s what’s doing it. The clients are interchangeable aren’t they? I shouldn’t have to download everything again if I just save the client in the current directory?

Frequent client crashes.

Posted by: Jon Olson

Previous

Jon Olson

Programmer

I am? Hmm. Maybe that’s what’s doing it. The clients are interchangeable aren’t they? I shouldn’t have to download everything again if I just save the client in the current directory?

Correct, they are interchangeable. Simply download the 64-bit client from the account page, drop the exe alongside your 32-bit client and run it. It might download a tiny bit, but generally doesn’t need much.

Beta, Character Select/Create, Enhanced Squad UI, Play for Free, Raids, Streaming Client, & Mac

Frequent client crashes.

agrias.7160

Maybe that will fix it. I’ll give it a try and post again if there’s another crash. Thanks!

Frequent client crashes.

Posted by: IsetaNetjer.7903

IsetaNetjer.7903

I recently started playing on the Mac (OSX El Capitan Ver. 10.11.3), and what I’ve noticed is that my game has a tendency to freeze up/crash at random intervals, and also make the color display on the cut scenes distorted (it’s fine for everything else). Any recommendations?

Frequent client crashes.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I recently started playing on the Mac (OSX El Capitan Ver. 10.11.3), and what I’ve noticed is that my game has a tendency to freeze up/crash at random intervals, and also make the color display on the cut scenes distorted (it’s fine for everything else). Any recommendations?

Unfortunately probably not much you can do but turn down settings to see if that helps. The Mac client runs through a cider port (which slows things even more) and is only available in 32-bit. There is word that Anet is working on a native Mac client but last word it was still in early testing with no promises that it will be completed.

Other than that the other option is to use a bootcamp Windows partition which will also allow you to run the 64-bit client. This is what I finally ended up doing once the 64bit client was released and the performance is much, much better and I can run the game on medium and some high settings fine. The main down sides of course are having to install Windows on a Mac (but I only use it for the game so I’m not too worried) and having to reboot to switch between OSX and Windows when you want to play the game.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)