Friend got ban for afking

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: Fire.4302

Fire.4302

I am posting on the behalf of my friend who got his account banned.

My friend got Ban for afking and the reason was that he was botting, He afk Harthi Hinterlands and he when to take a nap, when he comes back he was ban.

he submitted tickets already however no response yet

Friend Acc. Name : Zefferus.7891
Incident ticket [121128-000674] & [121128-000637]

Please look in to this, i am beginning to doubt how is the bots being filter out. Our friends were running chain events together and is in no way routine and linear like a bot. I believe the Logs will say the same

Please advise thank you

Attachments:

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

Was he in a party with you, in the area of the event chains? That might have caused him to gain XP/karma while afk, triggering bot detection.

It’s a weird situation but your friend should’ve logged off to the char selection screen when going for a nap, really.

Posted by: Plaxy.4617

Plaxy.4617

Your saying he went AfK in hirathi, then went away from the computer to take a nap….what was his character doing while he was napping, My guess was he went afk did something like set his character to walk, to avoid the Idle Time out system and triggered a ban which is something right there on that screenie that says is Not allowed.

Fire.4302

Nope he was not, he WP to a town and left his char there, usually the case is the server would kick him out when he will be inactive for a certain period…

Well..he learnt the lesson the hard way i guess…lolz…

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

ArenaNet doesn’t have an autoban, so they say. However they have software in place to detect certain types of behavior. When the criteria is matched up, an employee is notified and dispatched to check it out. How a person who is nowhere near combat and afk could be possibly banned is very strange indeed. Something is going wrong if the person is really innocent.

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Fire, if your friend submited a ticket he just has to wait. Should 3 days pass and the ticket still be open, please have him post in the following thread his ticket number so it can be taken as a priority
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/account/Tickets-for-Review-3-days-and-older-merged/page/58#post874303

Thanks

Fire.4302

Thank you for your reply
Appreciate it

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

ArenaNet doesn’t have an autoban, so they say. However they have software in place to detect certain types of behavior. When the criteria is matched up, an employee is notified and dispatched to check it out. How a person who is nowhere near combat and afk could be possibly banned is very strange indeed. Something is going wrong if the person is really innocent.

There was a dev post stating that they never ban players “on spot”, you’ll never get banned for what you were doing at moment of ban. OP probably got banned for something he done, was seen doing that and reported a couple of days before ban.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

Posted by: Loli Ruri.8307

Loli Ruri.8307

But how do you catch a real player in amongst botters? Do bots act human now?

Intel Core i7 4790K @4.7 GHz, 32 GB 2133 MHz DDR3.
MSI GTX 1080 Sea Hawk EK X 2xSLI 2025 / 11016 MHz, liquid cooling custom loop.
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB. HTC Vive.

Posted by: Talyjta.9081

Talyjta.9081

Might be really difficult to tell.
You can’t know the age of a player; it would be perfectly legal to buy a key and give it to your child of 6 or 7 years. It will probably show some very strange behavioral patterns. How to tell this is a human child but not a bot? Or someone just extremely tired, a little bit drunken or something. (At some times I played a little bit while reading difficult textes to have kind of a “pressure relief valve”.)
It’s not easy anymore to differentiate between human and bot, because not all computer players are teenagers nowadays and the people writing bot software learnd to conceal their aims better and more realistic… “acting human”, yes.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

First, the details provided make this situation seem highly unlikely. I think there is more to this than what has been said, including the fact that the timing of the termination, as stated above, does not always correlate directly to the time of the incident. Meaning someone could be botting from Noon until 6:00 PM and the account might be terminated the next morning.

Secondly, this ticked was filed today. The forums are not intended as a second means of filing a ticket. The forums are not intended for someone to file a ticket and then try to expedite a response with a forum post. You should give Support time to read the ticket, review it, and respond.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet