Friend got banned and cant even post here

in Account & Technical Support

Posted by: JyMissy.4351

JyMissy.4351

We have a friend.. that just got his legendary after receiving help from fellow guild mates. Sadly, he never got to show it off much, since he got banned for RMT soon after..

If you do a proper check on all the people who sent him stuffs, they’ve ran loads of dungeons and wvw together since long before.

On top of that, there is no reply from support, and there’s no way for him to post on the forums since even his account access to forum was locked.

Well done Arena net.. well done.

When are you going to address the issue? Please understand that these actions did not only upset the person who was banned, but resulted in distress to those around him as well.

Posted by: Oreoginal.1580

Oreoginal.1580

A LOT of people have the same problem as you right now, including me (my gf to be exact). The only problem is that this also includes actual gold buyers and gold sellers. And of-course those gold buyers and gold sellers will plead nonstop claiming that they haven’t done any gold buying/selling. The only way for Arena Net to distinguish the liars from the bunch is by checking each claim one at a time. It’s those kittening gold buyers/sellers that are causing all this problem. I am also incredibly irritated at this since it’s such a huge inconvenience for something that wasn’t even our fault, but no amount of QQing in the forums will help (sadly). The best thing to do right now is to get your friend to send a ticket and hope he gets his account back.

Parmesan Stick – 80 Warrior – Kaineng
Build: http://tinyurl.com/gw2build-parmstick
YouTube: http://tinyurl.com/YT-gw2parmstick

Posted by: gon.6057

gon.6057

Yes, jymissy and i have this mutual friend, his tag is Box.9213.

Although i agreed that Box.9213 like to show-off his legendary, that doesn’t warrant a ban.

Ok seriously, he is my real-life friend for 20 years, he is a honest man. He told me Anet ban him for selling gold. Come on, a gold seller does not have so many friends in-game. He passed the gold to another friend of mine “Ciba” to help him to buy charged lodestone as he himself is abit “blur” on how to buy-low from the trading post. Anet should investigate further before banning him, as at now, I can only blame him for his blurness.

Hope Anet unban him asap, bcoz life without him is like fishes without water!

Posted by: cibA.8562

cibA.8562

It’s very disappointing to see such things happening and ANET should perhaps be reviewing their own process of banning people that are causing so much false accusation.

It’s already been 3 days and the support aren’t doing any update to the case as yet.
Something must be done to shorten the waiting time and prevent more such cases!

Ticket # – 121227-002996

Posted by: Aezomz.7824

Aezomz.7824

I sincerely hope you guys can revise on this newly implemented system.. as we are quite disappointed with the high amount of wrongful bans. Instead of banning them instantly, you guys should let the system to list them out and start checking manually.

It is totally outrageous for players to get ban just from sending golds to help their friends.. My friend here is still waiting for his reply after 3 days of being wrongly accused… I really hope you guys should think thrice before implementing something that might totally destroy your reputation and players.

MMORPG are all about playing with friends… We are really disappointed with Anet despite the well reputation of GW2 around the world.

Please act on it fast … before you start losing your players…

Thanks for your attention.

[TW] Blur Guardian of Tempest Wolves

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

A LOT of people have the same problem as you right now, including me (my gf to be exact). The only problem is that this also includes actual gold buyers and gold sellers. And of-course those gold buyers and gold sellers will plead nonstop claiming that they haven’t done any gold buying/selling. The only way for Arena Net to distinguish the liars from the bunch is by checking each claim one at a time. It’s those kittening gold buyers/sellers that are causing all this problem. I am also incredibly irritated at this since it’s such a huge inconvenience for something that wasn’t even our fault, but no amount of QQing in the forums will help (sadly). The best thing to do right now is to get your friend to send a ticket and hope he gets his account back.

We are all truly sympathetic about any undeserved suspension that happens. But you’ve summed it up very accurately, Oreoginal. The system gets bogged down in appeals from cheaters, and there is no way to know who’s legit and who’s a cheater (RMTer, botters, exploiter) until the account is carefully reviewed, and that takes time.

I just thought of an idea that might help us “sort” appeals. Not sure if it’s feasible but I’ll share that with the team when we’re all back together after New Year’s and we’ll assess if we can, perhaps, expedite certain appeals. In addition, we will see if the Security Team has any tweaks they can make to reduce false positives, as well.

In the meantime, we have a team working 24/7 and we’ll do our best to get folks back into the game as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding and explaining the situation so well.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Kenn.6715

Kenn.6715

More talk less action. As you can see, the numbers of people getting ban is increasing everyday. It is obvious that there is sOmething wrong with the system already but what i dont understand is the excuse of reviewing. Come on man, there is no need for that. Reviewing would make it longer or maybe thats an excuse til someone gets back after new year.

gon.6057

We are all truly sympathetic about any undeserved suspension that happens. But you’ve summed it up very accurately, Oreoginal. The system gets bogged down in appeals from cheaters, and there is no way to know who’s legit and who’s a cheater (RMTer, botters, exploiter) until the account is carefully reviewed, and that takes time.

I just thought of an idea that might help us “sort” appeals. Not sure if it’s feasible but I’ll share that with the team when we’re all back together after New Year’s and we’ll assess if we can, perhaps, expedite certain appeals. In addition, we will see if the Security Team has any tweaks they can make to reduce false positives, as well.

In the meantime, we have a team working 24/7 and we’ll do our best to get folks back into the game as quickly as possible. Thank you for understanding and explaining the situation so well.

It’s actually quite ez to determine if the player is a gold seller or not.

Gold seller normally do not spend alot of time with the gold buyer, e.g. they won’t party to do dungeons / wvw together, it’s just sell and go. Where else, friends who care about each others, they do dungeons and wvw and they send golds to help each others. (Trust me, if GW2 allow sharing of underwear, we will).

I know it maybe tedious for Anet to scan semi-manually but that is what an RESPONSIBLE enforcer will do. Ask yourself, will u want to jail for allegation without proof? If sending gold warrant a ban, Anet might as well disable send gold function.

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

More talk less action. As you can see, the numbers of people getting ban is increasing everyday. It is obvious that there is sOmething wrong with the system already but what i dont understand is the excuse of reviewing. Come on man, there is no need for that. Reviewing would make it longer or maybe thats an excuse til someone gets back after new year.

A few posters on that topic doesn’t make a great number of people getting banned unreasonably. Of course anyone shunted wrongfully is one player too many. But something like that happens. Nobody of us knows for sure how many posts are from ordinary people seeking a review who earn it and how many of the appeals are done by people who deserved their ban. I guess quite a number of them is focused to push Anet into giving back the accounts in order to stay silent inspite of the fact that they are banned rightly.

I just don’t like the calls to change a system, when noone of the callers really knows if the system is at fault. All I know is that Gaile says “we try to improve the way we are handling things”. I trust her, but I don’t trust the people who are throwing nothing but insults at her or Anet.

You should never forget that those bans for goldsellers is to protect US from being hacked or to prevent us from suffering in other ways. If there are some accounts where the ban is being wrong, I’m going to stand it. I don’t like it, but I will survive. That holds true even if I am the one who is banned wrongfully.

Kenn.6715

if you were in the same situation as i am you’d understand. i have nothing against Gaile so you need not to show us how affected you are with pity. however, customer support is what i am frustrated about which is taking more than 3 days of action and this isn’t the first time it happened to me. although, this is the first time i have encountered a long wait for an account restoration with false accusation. it is a holiday after all, so much for enjoying the game. quitting would probably be an option.

p.s.
if i get hacked i would probably understand and have a lot of patience from it since i am also at fault if ever that happens. but for being accused of something that never happened? come on… try mailing a friend 20g and see for your self(dont, if you dont want to).

(edited by Kenn.6715)

cibA.8562

No one like to be wrongly accused and then sent to jail. That’s already very disappointing. To rub salt to the wound, that person have to wait more than 3 days in order for them to check it out. That’s like a double blow. To make things worse, it happens during holiday period where’s the player has more time to spend on the game!!

Kenn.6715

i have checked the updates on account issues regularly and noticed the process which appears that you guys currently stopped at issue number “121223” 4 hours ago. i appreciate the effort but kinda feel sad that my issue is at number 121227. hopefully, mine would be included on the next update. good job so far but a bit slow. guess i have to wait for a little longer.

gon.6057

Yes, my xmas is already destroyed bcoz Box.9213 is wrongfully ban!

I hope Anet can look into his case and unban him ASAP! Otherwise he will continue to disturb us in mumble and distract me from focusing on playing GW2, thus possibly ruining my new year eve in less than 10hrs time! Arghhh… help me Anet, pls pls!

p.s: On a sidenote, I also demand tat Anet to compensate me for the torment tat i suffered from Box’s disturbance. I not greedy, a precursor drop will be fine.

Kenn.6715

Yes, my xmas is already destroyed bcoz Box.9213 is wrongfully ban!

I hope Anet can look into his case and unban him ASAP! Otherwise he will continue to disturb us in mumble and distract me from focusing on playing GW2, thus possibly ruining my new year eve in less than 10hrs time! Arghhh… help me Anet, pls pls!

p.s: On a sidenote, I also demand tat Anet to compensate me for the torment tat i suffered from Box’s disturbance. I not greedy, a precursor drop will be fine.

a compensation would be nice. ^^ i wonder how would they compensate for a false accusation with more than 3 days of not being able to play on a holiday… hmm..

JyMissy.4351

Thanks for your response Gaile. This is nothing against you, but the response is really not satisfactory. In this issue, it is every aspect the developer’s fault, and the players who are wrongfully banned are the victims. If service recovery was good, then so be it. After making a mistake, the service recovery was bad as well. In any situation, it would just be bad customer service. However, unlike many other service providers, players are attached to the game due to the amount of time and efforts invested. So people can’t just “stop buying”.

I believe that the first thing the developers should express should not be sympathy but apologies. And quick rectification measures. Can I gently remind again, that the issue doesn’t affect just the banned player, but also those that are close to them. In my opinion, you should unban all the lower risk accounts for now, even if you have to unban the “real RMT” accounts, and re-look at your procedure.

My one cent worth opinion.

Posted by: Eosin.2078

Eosin.2078

The salt in the wound: While your friend/family member is wrongfully banned, you can continue to report bots and gold spammers AND NOTHING HAPPENS TO THEM. Hours go by and I still see the same illegal players.

It seems as though the current system runs like this:
Software identifies possible illegal activity —> player is banned regardless if activity was legal —> player must appeal ban (most of the ArenaNet worker’s time is taken up by reviewing these tickets)

Why not reverse the system and put all those employees where the action is? If the system utilized the in-game reporting system, it would look like this:
Players report gold-spammers/botters —> AN employees immediately review account and take action —> gold-spammers/botters become discouraged as their attempts become futile —> 99.9% of innocent players are not improperly banned (and therefore the number of tickets are significantly reduced)

Michael.4791

I fear its more like “99.9% of guilty players will not be properly banned”, if you do it like this.

It was said (and I believe it) that they are trying to streamline their processes
1. to reduce false positives
2. to review and unban false positives faster
And they will continue doing so.

It has been said too (and this is true for me as well), that any person harassed by the results of false positives is one person too many. But when you fight something, you need to have markers. The problem is to set the markers that way that guilty people will be catched and that innocent people will continue to play. That is never done easily.

Posted by: Eosin.2078

Eosin.2078

Michael, your post makes no sense. When someone posts in Lion’s Arch, over and over again, “www.goldwalmart cheap golds”, and numerous players report this IT TAKES HOURS for the player to be removed. Other MMO’s I’ve played are immediate because they have real employees ready and able to ban those accounts. Same with botters – I can report them and come back hours later and they are still botting. It’s not like ANet has to send GMs all over the map – they just have to respond to the reporting system already in place.

Michael.4791

And what if they want to accumulate names and players before they are going to act on reports? As far as I know that is what they are going to do. Waiting to catch more people with the same ban action. Leaving the people banned without a cue why they have been banned at all. Disclosing the reasons for bans is about to give away the ways you discover the reasons for doing it at all – you should keep the bad guys in the dark as much as possible.

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

@micheal you’re in the wrong page dude. you make no sense at all. its as if you’re here to contradict people. that people who i am talking about are the once who are losing patience and people who wants results with their issues. its as if you are just here to push your opinion that they should keep banning players to prevent hackers.

i have nothing against you and i believe that this is indeed an open forum for GW2 players but i suggest you start a new topic against hackers or re-open another topic about it. this is a good idea to avoid debates and arguements

p.s.
thanks Galie for solving my issue. i love that “tickets for update regularly” page that you made. wise decision and very helpful. keep it up and more power to you

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

(edited by F I R S T.3976)

Michael.4791

I am against any unfair punishment of players just as anybody else. But I am also against unfair accusations toward Anet and its people. The first has nothing to do with the second, yet it seems it is coupled here and thus it is ok if I am outspoken about it too. Just my opinion. And I can explain that as much, as others can do it. No need to push me out.

Posted by: LadyAly.4518

LadyAly.4518

Michael, your post makes no sense. When someone posts in Lion’s Arch, over and over again, “www.goldwalmart cheap golds”, and numerous players report this IT TAKES HOURS for the player to be removed. Other MMO’s I’ve played are immediate because they have real employees ready and able to ban those accounts. Same with botters – I can report them and come back hours later and they are still botting. It’s not like ANet has to send GMs all over the map – they just have to respond to the reporting system already in place.

Yeah – this is exactly what I noticed too. Me and a friend watching a group of player botting/farming Totems since a couple of days and nothing happens …
I really cant understand this. A game like GW2 should be able to ban at least this obviously violation of rules and unfairness against others

(edited by LadyAly.4518)

Posted by: Aezomz.7824

Aezomz.7824

Hello Anet…. My friend hasn’t got any updated on his ticket and have been banned for 7 DAYS already…
I really think that you guys need to work on it fast… Its really ridiculous to get wrongfully ban for so long and the customer service doesn’t even update or give any comment to my friend…

Is this really how Anet do their work? I am really disappointed.. I mean all of us in this thread are.

Thanks for your attention

[TW] Blur Guardian of Tempest Wolves

Michael.4791

cibA.8562

It’s been posted many times…nothing been done anyway

Posted by: Chamone.6890

Chamone.6890

Sounds like he bought gold to get mats for his legendary.

cibA.8562

Well, that’s an allegation without any proof. His mats were all from us, even his precursor was.

JyMissy.4351

Chamone.6890, please clearly state how does it sound like he bought gold to get mats?

JyMissy.4351

friend has been unbanned.

Thanks anet.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

It’s actually quite ez to determine if the player is a gold seller or not.

Gold seller normally do not spend alot of time with the gold buyer, e.g. they won’t party to do dungeons / wvw together, it’s just sell and go. Where else, friends who care about each others, they do dungeons and wvw and they send golds to help each others. (Trust me, if GW2 allow sharing of underwear, we will).

I know it maybe tedious for Anet to scan semi-manually but that is what an RESPONSIBLE enforcer will do. Ask yourself, will u want to jail for allegation without proof? If sending gold warrant a ban, Anet might as well disable send gold function.

You couldn’t be more mistaken. Those involved in gold sales do a _lot_more than simply sell gold. They steal accounts. They bot. They farm. They deliver. They pass gold around across multiple accounts to try to avoid detection. Saying “If they’re in a dungeon they can’t be RMT” is absolutely inaccurate.

friend has been unbanned.

Thanks anet.

I’m glad this was sorted out, Missy, and very much appreciate that you posted an update!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)